Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   So, mass shootings only happen in the USA? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=89593)

JohnR 12-01-2015 08:25 PM

So, mass shootings only happen in the USA?

Says our dear leader, in Paris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFCnAW27d_c

buckman 12-01-2015 08:55 PM

I heard this today and my thought was ... is he mentally ok ? It's really becoming surreal .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115 12-01-2015 09:40 PM

And the sheep line up to cherish the lies that spew from him.

Nebe 12-01-2015 09:49 PM

This hippy art phag agrees. He's out of his mind

spence 12-02-2015 08:54 AM

Just doesn't happen may be a stretch, but it's not a huge one. Gun deaths in the USA per capita are dramatically higher than other Western nations. Mass shootings as well are extremely rare...some try to wash this away given our higher population, but that doesn't factor in landmass or easy availability of firearms.

I believe they think the Paris shooters had to buy disabled weapons in Eastern Europe, repair them to make functional and smuggle through Belgium into France. That's a heck of a lot of work for a handful of guns.

Raven 12-02-2015 09:02 AM

he smiles to hide the melt down

Jim in CT 12-02-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1087620)
Says our dear leader, in Paris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFCnAW27d_c

His stupidity knows no bounds, none. The day before the Paris attacks, he said ISIS was contained, and he also bragged about increased security at foreign airports. As he made that comment, the wreckage of the downed Russian plane was still smoldering.

Then, stainding in Paris where the streets are still awash with blood, he made these comments.

By the way, if he wants to investigate why Americans do, in fact, have more shootings than many other places, he can start with the well organized community of Chicago, which s ground zero for gun violence.

Obama...always wrong, yet never in doubt.

Slipknot 12-02-2015 12:11 PM

"a stretch, but not a huge one"

It is a LOT more than a stretch, a flat out lie desperately trying to support his agenda, reaching for words it is clear he has no prompter to read from.

BigFish 12-02-2015 12:46 PM

Wasn't there a mass shooting in Paris a couple weeks ago? Something like 112 people dead? And one several months ago in Paris.....some magazine??? 12 people dead??? He is a jackass!!!!

Nebe 12-02-2015 12:49 PM

There was also a really bad one in Sweden a few years ago

Rockport24 12-02-2015 01:01 PM

didn't something also happen in Australia not that long ago? the land of no guns!

oh and Spence - we get it, guns are evil and no one should have them but the police and military

beamie 12-02-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 1087676)
Wasn't there a mass shooting in Paris a couple weeks ago? Something like 112 people dead? And one several months ago in Paris.....some magazine??? 12 people dead??? He is a jackass!!!!

Those don't count Larry. They were terrorist type shootings not the typical nut with gun shooting people. It's a different kind of dead. What an ass clown.

afterhours 12-02-2015 01:43 PM

and people support this clown.

buckman 12-02-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockport24 (Post 1087679)

oh and Spence - we get it, guns are evil and no one should have them but the police and military

Just to be clear, the reason the police carry weapons is to protect themselves not to protect you . I'm a huge supporter of the police but that's the fact

spence 12-02-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockport24 (Post 1087679)

I don't believe I've ever said that.

The Dad Fisherman 12-02-2015 03:34 PM

One going on in California right now....

Nebe 12-02-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1087689)
One going on in California right now....

What is wrong with people these days ?

Jim in CT 12-02-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1087690)
What is wrong with people these days ?

What's wrong, is highly correlated with the growth of secular liberalism (unless it's terrorism). we don't stress the importance of having empathy for others. Each generation is getting more detached, more narcississtic, less able to deal with hearing the word "no".

Rockport24 12-02-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1087684)
Just to be clear, the reason the police carry weapons is to protect themselves not to protect you . I'm a huge supporter of the police but that's the fact

well not really because its the Police's job to put themselves into harms way to protect the citizens, no?

Rockport24 12-02-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1087685)
I don't believe I've ever said that.

Oh sorry my bad.. withdrawn form the record then!

buckman 12-02-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockport24 (Post 1087696)
well not really because its the Police's job to put themselves into harms way to protect the citizens, no?

I bet 99% of the time a policeman pulls his weapon out of its holster it is to protect himself . But I get your point

JohnR 12-02-2015 06:02 PM

Mass shootings happen most everywhere. North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia - other than Antartica. Hmmm. Trend.

Nebe 12-02-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1087695)
What's wrong, is highly correlated with the growth of secular liberalism (unless it's terrorism). we don't stress the importance of having empathy for others. Each generation is getting more detached, more narcississtic, less able to deal with hearing the word "no".

Really ? You really think a couple liberals are shooting people right now?

Do you think that the guy who shot up the planned parenthood was a liberal ?

They are religious nut jobs.. Terrorists are religious but jobs and we know for sure that the planned parenthood shooter was one as well. He said he could do what ever he wanted because he knew he "could be saved".

What a joke

buckman 12-02-2015 06:47 PM

I recommend you guys download the free police scanner app 5.0 . This is crazy stuff

spence 12-02-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1087703)
Mass shootings happen most everywhere. North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia - other than Antartica. Hmmm. Trend.

Two today and nearly one a day for the entire year. If you're trying to compare us to Honduras or Syria you may have a point :rollem:

spence 12-02-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1087684)

Nice, I giant F U to first responders. I didn't think you had that in you to be honest.

buckman 12-02-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1087711)
Two today and nearly one a day for the entire year. If you're trying to compare us to Honduras or Syria you may have a point :rollem:

From what I'm hearing on the scanner and on the news the suspects could very well be from the Middle East so maybe there's a fair comparison

spence 12-02-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1087721)
From what I'm hearing on the scanner and on the news the suspects could very well be from the Middle East so maybe there's a fair comparison

I love it, forming opinion from raw intel running over the scanner. What could go wrong?

spence 12-02-2015 08:18 PM

Regardless this scenario is effed up.

JohnR 12-02-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1087723)
I love it, forming opinion from raw intel running over the scanner. What could go wrong?

There are actually a few different and reliable sources (not 4chan) pointing to that but wait until officials say something, ya know, officially.