Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Vermont Trip (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=88974)

DZ 08-14-2015 12:30 PM

Vermont Trip

So I’m going to Burlington Vermont the second weekend of Sept for the Grace Potter concerts. Staying at a condo in Stowe. Other than Heady Topper and Sip of Sunshine what should I be looking for on tap, and to bring back? I keep hearing of Lawsons and Hills Farmstead – any advice on beer pubs other than Prohibition Pig? Hitting Long Trail Brewery on the way up.

The Dad Fisherman 08-14-2015 04:09 PM

Focal Banger has been a hot beer up there lately....made by The Alchemist, same people that make heady. Second Fiddle by fiddlehead is another one to try if you come across it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRBuzz 08-14-2015 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Blackback Pub in Waterbury, across the street from the Prohibition Pig

The Dad Fisherman 08-14-2015 09:55 PM

I prefer the Black Back over the Prohibition Pig myself too.....such a laid back place.

rphud 08-15-2015 05:54 AM

Hill Farmstead most definitely!

Higgie 08-15-2015 09:53 AM

X2 for second fiddle and is under 10$ a four pack at the brewery

DZ 08-15-2015 10:46 AM

As usual great suggestions and advice. You guys are the best. Thanks much.
DZ

JoeBass 08-20-2015 12:24 PM

In town or near-by you'll find Burlington Brewing (next door in Williston), Switchback, Citizen Cider, Vermont Pub and Brew, American Flatbreads Zero Gravity Beer (and great wood fired flatbread pizza)or go to their brewery on Pine street. Pine street has 4 breweries/cider places.All the above mentioned places have awesome beer. RiRa's, The Daily Planet, Vt. Pub and Brew, all have nice bars and great selections.

O.D. Mike 08-20-2015 12:29 PM

Really enjoyed the Crop Porter at Blackback Pub in Waterbury

MikeD 08-24-2015 10:17 AM

I was up in Stowe for a week skiing this winter. There are many great places right in town. There is a relatively new place called "The Bench" right across from Golden Eagle Motel. The food and beer were amazing. I just took a peek at the draft list from yesterday and they have 4 Hill Farmsteads, Fiddlehead, Lost Nation, Zero Gravity, Maine Beer Co and Founders KBS (that can't be right can it?) all on Tap. Foods on the pricey side. A great casual spot is the Piecasso pizza place. They always have a nice selection of Hop Bombs on draft and great casual dining, pizza and lots of other things. I havent been to Burlington in a few years, but I used to go to red square all the time when I lived there. Live music every night. I think its still around. Right on Church St. Have fun! Those are two of my favorite places.

Nebe 08-24-2015 10:25 AM

On the way home, stop at Armsby Abby for an amazing cheese plate and great beer.

rphud 08-24-2015 01:58 PM

When in Wistah!

DZ 08-24-2015 02:05 PM

All good stuff. Looks like my three days will be full.