Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2 NYPD officers executed in response for Brown and Garner (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=87425)

Jim in CT 12-20-2014 07:51 PM

2 NYPD officers executed in response for Brown and Garner

Behold what the divisive, hate-filled rhetoric of our President, his Attorney General, and their race-hustling lickspittles Sharpton and Jackson has cost:

http://news.yahoo.com/police-2-nyc-c...212302732.html

tysdad115 12-20-2014 08:16 PM

And the lowest form of society will rally around the shooter.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Piscator 12-20-2014 08:22 PM

Where are all the protests now for these senseless killings?

spence 12-20-2014 08:32 PM

Tragic for those officers and their families. Didn't the guy kill his girlfriend first. Think he might have some issues?

Jim in CT 12-20-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1059711)
Tragic for those officers and their families. Didn't the guy kill his girlfriend first. Think he might have some issues?

Yes, he had issues. Lots of people have issues. That's precisely why it's important that people with big platforms, don't incite violence, because there is a very small number of people out there who are incited by that.

How do you not see that, exactly?

PaulS 12-20-2014 08:41 PM

Funny the most hate filled person here would start this post.

Jim in CT 12-20-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1059714)
Funny the most hate filled person here would start this post.

Glad you find it humorous. And once again, when someone displaying common sense points out the obvious insanity of the liberal position (in this case, your fellow world travelers put a bulls-eye on the backs of every cop), instead of admitting I am right, which I am, I get accused of hate. Yawn...

Know what I truly hate? That AL Sharpton has been to the White House (I've read) 82 times. Instead of telling Sharpton to STFU because he's dangerous, our President takes a knee and kisses his hand, and the liberal elites give him a show on a cable "news" channel. How is Sharpton going to cover the fact that (not for the first time, the first time were riots in Crown Heights, or Seaside Heights, I believe) he has innocent blood on his hands?

Sharpton may quote Obama's spiritual advisor (the deranged lunatic Rev Wright)..."the NYPDs chickens....have come home...TO ROOST!!" That's the spiritual advisor of the President Of The United States.

The cops are the enemies, and Abu Mumia Jamal is a cause celebre'. That's what your side truly believes. If I was associated with that kind of lunacy, I'd sit down with a Sam Adams in one hand, a bible in the other, and re-think a few things.

May God be with the families of these two heroes. It had to be Christmas week, two families who will never enjoy this holiday again.

PaulS, you keep insulting me, and keep your head in the sand as to how wrong your side has been on this issue, and what their behavior almost certainly helped to bring about in this case.

scottw 12-21-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1059711)

Think he might have some issues?

probably safe to say about anyone who executes two people.....

scottw 12-21-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1059702)
Behold what the divisive, hate-filled rhetoric of our President, his Attorney General, and their race-hustling lickspittles Sharpton and Jackson has cost:

http://news.yahoo.com/police-2-nyc-c...212302732.html

you forgot de Blasio

read this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2052215

spence 12-21-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1059713)
Yes, he had issues. Lots of people have issues. That's precisely why it's important that people with big platforms, don't incite violence, because there is a very small number of people out there who are incited by that.

How do you not see that, exactly?

Who was inciting violence? Protests in NY and other cities have been peaceful for the most part aside from the Ferguson riots. I don't see an issue with a politician supporting First Amendment rights.

buckman 12-21-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1059740)
Who was inciting violence? Protests in NY and other cities have been peaceful for the most part aside from the Ferguson riots. I don't see an issue with a politician supporting First Amendment rights.

They have been hate filled towards the police . They have spit , yelled in the face of , challenged and pushed the police to the brink .
I'm amazed at the restraint these officers have shown .
I would make a lousy police officer.
This administration has fanned the flames. Respect is a two way street .

spence 12-21-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1059742)
They have been hate filled towards the police . They have spit , yelled in the face of , challenged and pushed the police to the brink .
I'm amazed at the restraint these officers have shown .
I would make a lousy police officer.
This administration has fanned the flames. Respect is a two way street . Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

And you have also have police infringing on the right of the people to peacefully protest. Cuts both ways but I think most cops behave well and most protests are peaceful.

Was listing to Mayor Nutter the other day and he said in Philly the police read the First Amendment as a group before they go out to monitor the protesters. Pretty interesting.

Ultimately it comes down to your belief that racial issues do exist. I don't think recognizing this is necessarily fanning the flames.

buckman 12-21-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1059744)
And you have also have police infringing on the right of the people to peacefully protest. Cuts both ways but I think most cops behave well and most protests are peaceful.

Was listing to Mayor Nutter the other day and he said in Philly the police read the First Amendment as a group before they go out to monitor the protesters. Pretty interesting.

Ultimately it comes down to your belief that racial issues do exist. I don't think recognizing this is necessarily fanning the flames.

I see "peaceful protest " infringing on everybody's rights lately . Give me one example of police infringing on a " peaceful protest " .
I see a one sided recognition of racial issues and a total lack of self respect . Recognize the problem and you will find the solution . The tension is from within .

Jim in CT 12-21-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1059740)

There were rallies in NYC where the peaceful protesters were chanting for dead cops. Hundreds of people.

Spence, I agree that the majority of people were peaceful. I never said there were zero peaceful protesters. What I'm saying is, the number of violent sociopaths out there is also greater than zero. What happened in Ferguson, afetr what happened with the Rodney King verdict, these things tell us with zero ambiguity, that some people can be incited to violence.

Sharpton doesn't have to ask for his followers to "go out and kill cops". It's enough, when he says that black lives don't matter to white cops, and that white cops are in the habit of executing innocent black children. We know, we know for a fact, that alone wil incite some to violence.

The evidence of the potential danger, is there. As usual, your side can't process the empirical evidence, because it doesn't support "the narrative".

PaulS 12-21-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1059727)

May God be with the families of these two heroes. It had to be Christmas week, two families who will never enjoy this holiday again.

PaulS, you keep insulting me, and keep your head in the sand as to how wrong your side has been on this issue, and what their behavior almost certainly helped to bring about in this case.

Well with that first paragraph we finally agree on 1 thing.

You couldn't even wait until the 2 bodies were removed from the hospital bf you used them for your political purposes! How sad is that!

The majority of your posts are insulting. You can't post in this foum w/o insulting someone's beliefs. I don't think you are capable of it.

How was the "hate filled rhetoric" of the President responsible for some deranged POS' killing 2 police officers? And maybe you could contrast that to the teabaggers trying to take away his religion and country'? has there ever been a President who has been insulted more?

detbuch 12-21-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1059769)
has there ever been a President who has been insulted more?

Actually, yeah, maybe even most other Presidents were insulted more. Politics was always an insulting free-for-all. Even more so in the 19th century. Americans were freer and more rambunctious in their characterizations of those they disagreed with.

Obama has actually brought into the dialogue, not a greater civility, but a greater fear of saying anything that might be perceived as an insult for fear of being called a racist.

buckman 12-21-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1059769)
Well with that first paragraph we finally agree on 1 thing.

You couldn't even wait until the 2 bodies were removed from the hospital bf you used them for your political purposes! How sad is that!

The majority of your posts are insulting. .... And maybe you could contrast that to the teabaggers trying to take away his religion and country'?

Funny stuff right there

spence 12-22-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1059755)
There were rallies in NYC where the peaceful protesters were chanting for dead cops. Hundreds of people.

Spence, I agree that the majority of people were peaceful. I never said there were zero peaceful protesters. What I'm saying is, the number of violent sociopaths out there is also greater than zero. What happened in Ferguson, afetr what happened with the Rodney King verdict, these things tell us with zero ambiguity, that some people can be incited to violence.

Sharpton doesn't have to ask for his followers to "go out and kill cops". It's enough, when he says that black lives don't matter to white cops, and that white cops are in the habit of executing innocent black children. We know, we know for a fact, that alone wil incite some to violence.

The evidence of the potential danger, is there. As usual, your side can't process the empirical evidence, because it doesn't support "the narrative".

I saw a video with a few dozen chanting about killing cops, it certainly crosses the line and people inciting that kind of hate speech should be prosecuted if possible.

The more that comes out about the shooter though you see how the guy had serious issues, he was going to crack sooner or later.

Race is still a pretty contentious issue and there are plenty of people on all sides fanning the flames.

Jackbass 12-22-2014 08:59 AM

Cop killed in Florida as well now. Another guys gun Jammed in Brooklyn in another failed asasination attempt.

Politics are the problem in this country right and left are all wrong.

Unreal these cops have to keep their backs to the wall simply coming to work. It's a job/career just horrendous.

PaulS 12-22-2014 09:51 AM

I agree a very, very tough job.

Jim in CT 12-22-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1059772)
Funny stuff right there

See, Paul can use insulting terms, and it's OK. Must be nice...

Jim in CT 12-22-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1059851)
I saw a video with a few dozen chanting about killing cops, it certainly crosses the line and people inciting that kind of hate speech should be prosecuted if possible.

The more that comes out about the shooter though you see how the guy had serious issues, he was going to crack sooner or later.

Race is still a pretty contentious issue and there are plenty of people on all sides fanning the flames.

and I saw a lot of high-level, respected politicians saying "black lives matter", a not-so-subtle insinuation that according to white cops, black lives don't matter. I didn't hear too many liberal stating the obvious truth, which is that the facts don't back up their claims that cops are a bunch of executioners.

"Race is still a pretty contentious issue and there are plenty of people on all sides fanning the flames"

Do you honestly believe that the left isn't more racially divisive than the right? First, the right supports policies that pay no attention whatsoever to the color of one's skin - how that's racist, is beyond me. Second, when the left talks about race, it's almost always in the context of blacks being victims of whitey. Obama recently said that Republicans "gotta stop just hating all the time". When was the last time that a President was that dismissive about everyone who didn't vote for him? How do you give him a pass on that statement? John McCain and Mitt Romney are hate-mongers?

Spence, all you do is spin, there's almost zero intellectual honesty...

PaulS 12-22-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1059868)
See, Paul can use insulting terms, and it's OK. Must be nice...

As I said earlier, the majority of your posts are insulting.

You just insulted Spence. You can't help yourself.

FishermanTim 12-22-2014 01:14 PM

"Can't we all just get along?" :wall::wall::wall:

Jim in CT 12-22-2014 01:17 PM

The mayor of NYC was shown a video last week of 2 or 3 NYC officers being attacked and besieged by a mob. DiBlasio could only say, after seeing the video, that there was an "alleged" assault. He wouldn't go further than that. Yet when the Garner grand jury refused to indict, DiBlasio said it was "painful and shocking".

PaulS and Spence, why is that? Why do you suppose DiBlasio refused to say that the cops were assaulted (while seeing it on video), yet he was more than comfortable saying that the Garner cops should have been charged?

Words matter.

Jim in CT 12-22-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1059872)
As I said earlier, the majority of your posts are insulting.

You just insulted Spence. You can't help yourself.

So are some of yours. I just wonder what the difference is...

Spence said that both sides fan the flames of racial animosity. True in the literal sense, but no honest person would dispute that the left fans those flames far more than the right (their current narrative is built, in part, on the notion that the plight of blacks isn't due to their own culture which encourages awful decision-making, but rather due to the one percent, whoever that is). To imply otherwise, is dishonest.

FishermanTim 12-22-2014 01:21 PM

Maybe the "an eye for an eye" saying will hold true?

Nah, because in this competative world we live in, there is no such thing as "balance" or "equality" when dealing with anything even remotely related to racial issues. Somehow I see a competative streak amongst our nation's most racially "diverse" cities, and unfortunately the murders will continue to mount (as a means of making their point).

Sad how human nature can be so destructive and degrading?
We can be counted on to sink to our lowest when the opportunity is presented, and we will struggle to rise above it in the end.

Merry Christmas to all, and ....GOD BLESS US EVERY ONE!!!

PaulS 12-22-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1059886)
So are some of yours. I just wonder what the difference is...

Spence said that both sides fan the flames of racial animosity. True in the literal sense, but no honest person would dispute that the left fans those flames far more than the right (their current narrative is built, in part, on the notion that the plight of blacks isn't due to their own culture which encourages awful decision-making, but rather due to the one percent, whoever that is). To imply otherwise, is dishonest.

The majority of my posts here are in response to your posts and usually return the venom you spew. I limit them to you rather than paint 1/2 the population with the broad brush you do.

Tell us more about the "plight of blacks" since you seem to know so much about them.

Jim in CT 12-22-2014 01:43 PM

So even though the overwhelming majority of blacks murder victims are killed by other blacks, the liberal elites (Obama, Holder, the media, Sharpton, DiBlasio) are obsessed with the tragis, but statistically insignificant, instances where white cops are involved.

Why is that? If blacks are several times more likely (many many times more likely) to be killed by fellow blacks than by white cops, why are we wasting so much energy on the white cops? Why? Here's why, the left needs these situations to galvanize their base and to reinforce their disgusting, demonstrably false narrative.

In the meantime, they don't care that it works up public resentment against honest cops, and also does absolutely nothing to actually help poor blacks, who would clearly be best served by adopting the exact agenda put forth by a group PaulS demeaned as teabaggers. Kind of ironic when you think of it that way. It is Obama/Holder/Sharpton/DiBlassio who are doing incalculable damage to poor blacks by patting them on the back and saying "there, there" instead of doing what that teabagger Bill Clinton did, showing them that tough love is still love, and incentivizing them to put down the pipe, pull their pants up, cover the tattoos, and get to work.

Jim in CT 12-22-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1059888)
The majority of my posts here are in response to your posts and usually return the venom you spew. I limit them to you rather than paint 1/2 the population with the broad brush you do.

Tell us more about the "plight of blacks" since you seem to know so much about them.

And the majority of my posts are a direct response to what I perceive as repugnant behavior from your side. So again, please explain the difference. I'm all ears...

The plight of blacks is poverty. Any honest person will admit that the best path to avoid poverty is to make decisions that are shown to avoid poverty - stay in school, study hard, get into a college, pick a majhor that will actually lead to a good-paying job, look presentable, work hard, don't have kids until you are at least 25. Studies show that people who follow this path, black or whote, almost always avoid poverty. Sounds a lot like what the Tea Party (those you called teabaggers) are suggesting.

Your side, Spence's side, takes the opposite approach, despite the fact that we have decades of empirical evidence to show that the liberal solution (here's a few dollars, it's not your fault, it's all whiteys fault, keep voting democrat if you want to keep this welfare) perpetuates poverty, it doesn't solve it.

My side is willing to say what's unpopular, because it;s obviously correct. Your side is willing to cripple an entire culture, in order to secure their votes by getting them addicted to welfare.

try making that wrong.