Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Condoms for Elementary School Students? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=64602)

fishbones 06-23-2010 03:08 PM

Condoms for Elementary School Students?

Provincetown for cryin' out loud. What's next, handing out clean syringes and methadone to students?

P-town schools will distribute condoms under new policy - BostonHerald.com

BigFish 06-23-2010 03:51 PM

Saw it on the news this am! Absolute idiocy!!!! What the hell are they thinking down there??!?!?! In the first grade I had other things on my mind like riding my bike or playing with Lego's and Hotwheels!!!:smash::smash::smash::wall::wall:

Swimmer 06-23-2010 06:24 PM

I could say something here, but I think I'll wait a week and a half to make my comment.

whiplash 06-23-2010 09:04 PM

Back in the day elementary school was 1-8 . Don't be fooled - 8th graders are having sex these days and no matter what we old farts think ,thats whats happening. I would rather have condoms handed out than have 13-14 year olds having babies. Any of you guys going to deny that if you had the chance to do the horizontal bopp in 8th grade you wouldn't have gone for it? Better condoms than babies having babies and populating the welfare rolls.

Raven 06-24-2010 04:56 AM

smart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 775804)
I could say something here, but I think I'll wait a week and a half to make my comment.

for a short timer

Raven 06-24-2010 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 775773)
Saw it on the news this am! Absolute idiocy!!!! What the hell are they thinking down there??!?!?! In the first grade I had other things on my mind like riding my bike or playing with Lego's and Hotwheels!!!:smash::smash::smash::wall::wall:

you were not "as exposed" to the onslaught of media in those days
that suggest it's cool...

cableguy 06-24-2010 05:12 AM

they were not talking about 8th graders on the news....they were talking about entry level kids....
My Wife and I just looked at each other after listening to the principal or superintendant...."really?"

PaulS 06-24-2010 06:44 AM

Sad that they need to do that.

fishbones 06-24-2010 08:12 AM

It's pretty scary that the school board voted on it unanimously without even letting parents have their say. What's next, lube dispensers in the boys rooms?

stcroixman 06-24-2010 08:16 AM

Why wouldn't they specify 6th grade and older? That is the age they start these days, but to give them to lower grades is stupid.

JohnR 06-24-2010 08:33 AM

What I heard on the radio was any grade in elementary school and that parents do not have the right to interfere. Zero.

Yes, kids at 7 & 8th grade are sharing sonograms at the cafeteria table, something needs to be done. 1st & 2nd graders? No questions asked? There seriously needs to be questions asked.

If I couldn't remove the school leadership, I would remove my child from a school system that does similar crap at that age.

The Dad Fisherman 06-24-2010 08:56 AM

Maybe the condoms will come in different colors...

Cookie Monster Blue, Oscar the Grouch Green, Big Bird Yellow

The Dad Fisherman 06-24-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 775881)
What I heard on the radio was any grade in elementary school and that parents do not have the right to interfere. Zero.

That'll be the day they tell me that.....

FishermanTim 06-24-2010 10:05 AM

The condoms should be for the school board, since it's evident that they're all d*ckheads!

Using that same stupid logic, it should be OK to hand out needles, alcohol and firearms as well, since we all know that they can find ways to get them IN THE FIRST GRADE!

The parents need to speak up and demand the school stop this NOW!
If not, then as TDF stated : Remove your kids from that school system.
How dare the school try to usurp the parents right to know what going on in their child's life.

To push this even further into the absurd, the parents would now have the right to sue the school should their child get pregnant or contract a STD because the school took over the responsibility for the sexual development and education of the child.

Am I imagining this, or are we seeing many more "supposed" experts and authority figures coming off as complete morons with completely idiotic ideas and plans? It used to be a rare occurance when you saw/heard a "Darwin Award" winning moment from anyone, but now it's almost a daily event, with the "contestents" vying to be a real life "biggest loser" (or more correctly, "the biggest moron!)

Swimmer 06-24-2010 10:46 AM

YOU KNOW I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK WORSE CASE

With all the gay activity in P-Town, is the what the school board really doing is indoctrinating youngsters into a gay lifestyle, or worse yet providing kits that protect against contracting diseases that afflict that lifestyle? This whole thing is really problematic. The superintendent knows she'll get away with doing this though because of the always progressive attitude in Ptown.

likwid 06-25-2010 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 775920)
With all the gay activity in P-Town, is the what the school board really doing is indoctrinating youngsters into a gay lifestyle, or worse yet providing kits that protect against contracting diseases that afflict that lifestyle? This whole thing is really rpoblematic. The superintendent knows she'll get away with doing this though because of the always prgressive attitude in Ptown.

Yes, the condoms are covered in the gay. When the kids touch them they instantly convert and become more of the gays and have the hivs.

Swimmer 06-25-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 776119)
Yes, the condoms are covered in the gay. When the kids touch them they instantly convert and become more of the gays and have the hivs.

So how does the teacher explain their use to a 1st grade student. If they are giving them out then they have to tell you how to use them. Are the kiddies going to be told about both heterosexual and homosexual practices. It is absurd that anyone younger than middle school students have any access to condoms.

likwid 06-25-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 776226)
So how does the teacher explain their use to a 1st grade student. If they are giving them out then they have to tell you how to use them. Are the kiddies going to be told about both heterosexual and homosexual practices. It is absurd that anyone younger than middle school students have any access to condoms.

You apparently didn't read the whole article, just the headline.

spence 06-25-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 776226)

What does this have to do with gay people??? :confused:

Oh, I forgot. They can't breed on their own...

-spence

The Dad Fisherman 06-25-2010 08:51 PM

I foresee some of the worlds biggest water balloons.....drop one of them Trojan Magnums filled with about 5 gallons of water from the school roof.....it'll be a regular Study Hall Hiroshima.

likwid 06-26-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 776277)

-spence

God spence, its all the gays fault, don't you know?

ps: teh hivs.

Swimmer 06-27-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 776238)
You apparently didn't read the whole article, just the headline.

No I didn't read the whole article I listen to the whole interview instead. "And what does this have to do with gay people", Seriously when the condoms are being given out in Ptown of all places when their use there first and foremost is for protection against contracting HIV borne illnesses between during male to male sex. First of all I can have an opinion about this without being homophobic, which I am not. But this has everything to do with gay thought and practices in the ultra liberal enclave Provincetown. Where else would anyone not have a problem with doing this but Ptown.

So tell me Likwid and Spence how does the school nurse explain their use to a first grader? C'mon don't just take me to task, how does it get explained to these kids.

C'mon Spence you have kids, your child comes home with condoms given out at a school assembly without you knowing what would you do?

Nebe 06-27-2010 06:27 PM

Guys.. there are some HOT wimmin teachers in Ptown.. perhaps this is to protect the teacher student relations?

Swimmer 06-27-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 776277)

-spence

The year round population is about 75 % gay. The selectmen/women. The various other boards, such as school committee consequently are in the majority gay. In that regard their thoughts and practices they put into place as rules to live by are based on what they believe in within their lifestyle, same as the rest of us.

likwid 06-27-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 776530)
But this has everything to do with gay thought and practices in the ultra liberal enclave Provincetown.

Psst: MA is a liberal state. I know, shocking. Look at your lord and saviour Scott Brown's record now since elected. :rotf2:

Quote:

So tell me Likwid and Spence how does the school nurse explain their use to a first grader? C'mon don't just take me to task, how does it get explained to these kids.
Let me know when they actually give a 1st grader condoms, then you might have a point.

Swimmer 06-28-2010 01:02 PM

I am going to take my toy truck home and play..............

spence 06-28-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 776533)
The year round population is about 75 % gay. The selectmen/women. The various other boards, such as school committee consequently are in the majority gay. In that regard their thoughts and practices they put into place as rules to live by are based on what they believe in within their lifestyle, same as the rest of us.

Good lord, it's like Night of the Living Dead, but with cross dressers in taffeta who forgot to shave :hihi:

Being gay doesn't mean you endorse and/or promote a promiscuous lifestyle...it's just a stereotype of the Right who can't get past the fact that God might have made something they think God said was a sin.

Believe it or not there are rational arguments for early sex education and making contraception available to the kids we'd like to pretend aren't having sex.

Sometimes a community might take it a bit too far (to the Right or Left) and the court of public opinion has to reel them back in. It certainly looks like this is one of those cases.

-spence

Nebe 06-28-2010 03:16 PM

here comes the delivery man... watch out.

http://www.michaelvincentbrunetto.co.../lawnmower.gif

Backbeach Jake 06-28-2010 05:43 PM

You do know that when your kids reach elementary school, it's wayyyyy to late to use a comdon.

Raven 06-28-2010 07:00 PM

i really like the artificial rubber baby rig that the girls have to wear to simulate
what it's like to be 9 months pregnant....

i think if they wanted to have a sex education program that's the way to go...

of course the device would have to be scaled down to kinder garden size of say
a six graders body size....and let them wear that for a day. no harm no foul....
with parental approval of course!

sorta like............. taking juveniles to jail to appreciate the experience.

it would be a HOOT ...in class, YES but after wards you could ask
them , so how was it...? and they'd probably say -> terrible.