Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gonna be late to the party this year... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93795)

nightfighter 06-04-2018 06:48 PM

Gonna be late to the party this year...

Not long after my mom passed away at 92 years old, Dani's 83 year old mom fell and broke her hip.... Partial replacement, and now in her fifth week of rehab. She is being released this Saturday to continue rehabbing, but cannot go back to her house in CT. So.... I am getting our house outfitted for her to be coming here. You do what you have to do, right? Dani will be able to work from home full time, which will be nice since she has been going to her Enfield office every Monday through Thursday for a couple of years and staying with her mom. And with her mom's previous health and hospitalizations, she has probably only been home a week total in the past four months. So with all that and work, the boat and gear have not moved. Goal is to launch within two weeks. At least I can realistically set a date now....

So now for the rest of the story;

I go get her mother's chihuahua and bring it home the day of her surgery, since Dani is either at the hospital or work. The dog is older rescue and cool (not yappy) if still nervous about her owner being MIA. But the dog speaks Polish! Took me two days before we could get on the same page with commands etc. I postponed putting fertilizer down so I could walk her in the yard off leash, which she never had been able to do. So things are good. Dog is having a ball running around, giving the turkeys chit, etc. I come home from work that Wednesday and the dog is dead on the couch..... I kid you not. Had a seizure or heart attack in its sleep according to vet. No mess or sign of suffering. So.... that was a fun phone call to the wife. That pregnant pause.... "dead?" Yes, dead..... She handled it well. Very well actually. Wasn't going to tell the mother until she was just about to be released from rehab, but her brother spoiled that. She was down but is moving on. Same day she was diagnosed with Lyme on top of everything....

So yes, I am going to be delayed getting a line wet this year.... but soon! Still, the glass is half full.....

ProfessorM 06-04-2018 06:54 PM

I have only fished once myself Ross so your not alone.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clammer 06-04-2018 07:22 PM

Ross ya get down here & I have room for you to stay & I,ll make time to get you fishing ><>

Sea Dangles 06-04-2018 07:24 PM

Open invite Ross,fishing is super and I have some cbd's for you.

Guppy 06-04-2018 07:49 PM

Same here Ross,,, open boat for ya

PaulS 06-04-2018 07:59 PM

Tough time Ross sorry to hear that.

Got Stripers 06-04-2018 08:04 PM

If I had a tandem kayak you’d have a seat Ross, hang in there.

tysdad115 06-05-2018 06:14 AM

You're welcome to jump on board with me anytime.

The Dad Fisherman 06-05-2018 07:41 AM

if you need an extra set of hands to help you get the boat ready, you have my number.

JohnR 06-05-2018 08:23 AM

Jeez Ross, tough roll. But you are a good guy and karma will come your way

Rockfish9 06-05-2018 08:24 AM

looks like your taking your turn at the bad luck wheel...sorry about the losses... you know I take in strays ( fisherman not dogs).. if you want to fish some night...PM me.

piemma 06-06-2018 04:51 AM

Jesus Ross. Sorry to hear the string of bad fortune. Stay positive. It'll turn around.

chris L 06-11-2018 09:11 PM

Remember the fishing will always be there . Your Mother in law and wife's happiness may not be . As for the dog , he was happy running around at the end . They are always dreaming of running .
When it rains it pours !

Your doing the right thing . I did it for my wife when her Dad moved in with us after her Mom passed . It will all work itself out .
Your a Good Man Charlie Brown !