Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   The Stable Genius almost meets the Taliban (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95522)

Pete F. 09-08-2019 12:26 AM

The Stable Genius almost meets the Taliban

No, this tweet is not from Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho, it’s our own.........Donnie!

Unbeknownst to almost everyone, the major Taliban leaders and, separately, the President of Afghanistan, were going to secretly meet with me at Camp David on Sunday. They were coming to the United States tonight. Unfortunately, in order to build false leverage, they admitted to..
...an attack in Kabul that killed one of our great great soldiers, and 11 other people. I immediately cancelled the meeting and called off peace negotiations. What kind of people would kill so many in order to seemingly strengthen their bargaining position? They didn’t, they....
....only made it worse! If they cannot agree to a ceasefire during these very important peace talks, and would even kill 12 innocent people, then they probably don’t have the power to negotiate a meaningful agreement anyway. How many more decades are they willing to fight?

After their day at Camp David, would the president have invited the Taliban leaders to stay over for the commemorations of 9/11?

Pete F. 09-08-2019 07:48 AM

I find it SAD that the same people who vilified Ilhan Omar for speaking about Al Qaida, saying she was mocking 9/11, will defend Trump for inviting the very terrorist group that harbored Bin Laden in Afghanistan to Camp David just days before 9/11... mocking 9/11
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles 09-08-2019 08:34 AM

Cheer up PeteF, it’s banner night.

Jim in CT 09-08-2019 08:47 AM

pete, if the taliban wanted to
end hostilities in a way that was good for the region and the world, trump shouldn’t help bring that about?

Omar said that 9/11 was “some people did something.”. if you’re ok with that, that’s your right. most people find it deeply offensive, i’ve concluded she wears a diaper on her head because she has sh*t for brains.

wdmso 09-08-2019 09:33 AM

TRUMP suddenly no longer wants to be seen as negotiating with the Taliban?

He clearly thinks this will help his poll numbers

Pete F. 09-08-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1173703)
pete, if the taliban wanted to
end hostilities in a way that was good for the region and the world, trump shouldn’t help bring that about?

Omar said that 9/11 was “some people did something.”. if you’re ok with that, that’s your right. most people find it deeply offensive, i’ve concluded she wears a diaper on her head because she has sh*t for brains.

True colors showing
Citrus Caligula good
Any lies about anyone else good

scottw 09-08-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1173699)
I find it SAD that the same people who vilified Ilhan Omar for speaking about Al Qaida, saying she was mocking 9/11, will defend Trump for inviting the very terrorist group that harbored Bin Laden in Afghanistan to Camp David just days before 9/11... mocking 9/11

maybe they could stay in the Lincoln Bedroom....for a price

spence 09-08-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1173703)
Omar said that 9/11 was “some people did something.”. if you’re ok with that, that’s your right.

How would you have stated it?

Pete F. 09-08-2019 01:54 PM

Jim has never been able to take off his hate filled glasses long enough to read the transcript of what she said in context.
Muslims are more than 1% of the population of the US, over 3.5 million people and have the same rights as the rest of the population.

"Muslims for a really long time in this country have been told that there is a privilege, that there is a privilege that we are given, and it might be taken away. We are told that we should be appropriate, we should go to school, get an education, raise our children and not bother anyone, not make any kind of noise. Don’t make anyone uncomfortable — be a good Muslim. But no matter how much we have tried to be the best neighbor, people have always worked on finding a way to not allow for every single civil liberty to be extended to us.

So the truth is you can go to school and be a good student. You can listen to your dad and mom and become a doctor. You can have that beautiful wedding that makes mom and dad happy. You can buy that beautiful house. But none of that stuff matters if you one day show up to the hospital and your wife, or maybe yourself, is having a baby, and you can’t have the access that you need because someone doesn’t recognize you as fully human.

It doesn’t matter how good you were if you can’t have your prayer mat and take your 15-minute break to go pray in a country that was founded on religious liberty. It doesn’t matter how good you are if you one day find yourself in a school where other religions are talked about, but when Islam is mentioned, we are only talking about terrorists. And if you say something, you are sent to the principal’s office. So to me, I say, raise hell; make people uncomfortable.

Because here’s the truth — here’s the truth: Far too long, we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it. CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange, that I am going to try to make myself look pleasant. You have to say, “This person is looking at me strange. I am not comfortable with it. I am going to go talk to them and ask them why.” Because that is a right you have."

spence 09-08-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1173725)
Jim has never been able to take off his hate filled glasses long enough to read the transcript of what she said in context.
Muslims are more than 1% of the population of the US, over 3.5 million people and have the same rights as the rest of the population.

"Muslims for a really long time in this country have been told that there is a privilege, that there is a privilege that we are given, and it might be taken away. We are told that we should be appropriate, we should go to school, get an education, raise our children and not bother anyone, not make any kind of noise. Don’t make anyone uncomfortable — be a good Muslim. But no matter how much we have tried to be the best neighbor, people have always worked on finding a way to not allow for every single civil liberty to be extended to us.

So the truth is you can go to school and be a good student. You can listen to your dad and mom and become a doctor. You can have that beautiful wedding that makes mom and dad happy. You can buy that beautiful house. But none of that stuff matters if you one day show up to the hospital and your wife, or maybe yourself, is having a baby, and you can’t have the access that you need because someone doesn’t recognize you as fully human.

It doesn’t matter how good you were if you can’t have your prayer mat and take your 15-minute break to go pray in a country that was founded on religious liberty. It doesn’t matter how good you are if you one day find yourself in a school where other religions are talked about, but when Islam is mentioned, we are only talking about terrorists. And if you say something, you are sent to the principal’s office. So to me, I say, raise hell; make people uncomfortable.

Because here’s the truth — here’s the truth: Far too long, we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it. CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange, that I am going to try to make myself look pleasant. You have to say, “This person is looking at me strange. I am not comfortable with it. I am going to go talk to them and ask them why.” Because that is a right you have."

I think she got the CAIR date wrong but the sentiment is sound.

Remember at an airport one time and a Muslim man moved to a quiet place off to the side to do his prayers, the woman in the line in front of me asked her friend if they should call the police.

Sea Dangles 09-08-2019 03:55 PM

It’s good to stay vigilant. If more folks paid closer attention then the NY skyline might still be intact.

The Dad Fisherman 09-08-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1173732)
I think she got the CAIR date wrong but the sentiment is sound.

Remember at an airport one time and a Muslim man moved to a quiet place off to the side to do his prayers, the woman in the line in front of me asked her friend if they should call the police.

Wow, in a country of 330,000,000 you ran across a knucklehead, what are the chances of that happening. :rolleyes:

Jim in CT 09-08-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1173717)
How would you have stated it?

a terror attack of mass
murder. what the hell is wrong with you?

Jim in CT 09-08-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1173725)

you attacked TDFs daughters. But i’m the hate monger.

Pete F. 09-08-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1173744)
you attacked TDFs daughters. But i’m the hate monger.

Whatever are you talking about?

Pete F. 09-08-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1173739)
It’s good to stay vigilant. If more folks paid closer attention then the NY skyline might still be intact.

The same could be said about Oklahoma City, and other domestic terror attacks, but the funding for that was cut.

Sea Dangles 09-08-2019 05:16 PM

That proves my point,there is no such thing as being too careful.

Pete F. 09-08-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1173750)
That proves my point,there is no such thing as being too careful.

Then you might wonder why the Trumplicans cut the money to be vigilant about it.

Jim in CT 09-08-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1173745)
Whatever are you talking about?

Oh, you're a selective memory guy. Someone posted a pic of some less-than-beautiful women, you claimed they were his kids. That was classy. I called you out on it, don't pretend you don't remember, it wasn't long ago.

As for Omar, do you think she's bigoted against Jews, based on past comments?

Sea Dangles 09-08-2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1173757)
Then you might wonder why the Trumplicans cut the money to be vigilant about it.

I was responding to the clever story about the concerned citizen but nice attempt to paint the greatest president of our lifetime as somebody who would not ensure our safety. America first!

Pete F. 09-09-2019 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1173760)
Oh, you're a selective memory guy. Someone posted a pic of some less-than-beautiful women, you claimed they were his kids. That was classy. I called you out on it, don't pretend you don't remember, it wasn't long ago.

As for Omar, do you think she's bigoted against Jews, based on past comments?

He posted a picture of someone’s kids with the obvious intent to make fun of their appearance, pretty classy. I jabbed him and you, had a hissy fit.
I assume when the JUNIOR Representative from Minnesota comes up for election, her constituents will have the opportunity to make that decision.
She recognizes that ghettoizing Palestine is not a good thing and says so. How dare she criticize Israel. That doesn’t make her anti-semetic.

Pete F. 09-09-2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1173763)
I was responding to the clever story about the concerned citizen but nice attempt to paint the greatest president of our lifetime as somebody who would not ensure our safety. America first!

There’s always a tweet
While @BarackObama is slashing the military, he is also negotiating with our sworn enemy the Taliban--who facilitated 9/11.

scottw 09-09-2019 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1173766)

That doesn’t make her anti-semetic.

no it does not.....google "semetic"...just for fun

Sea Dangles 09-09-2019 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1173769)

Let him go with it, he’s on a roll again.

Jim in CT 09-09-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1173766)
He posted a picture of someone’s kids with the obvious intent to make fun of their appearance, pretty classy. I jabbed him and you, had a hissy fit.
I assume when the JUNIOR Representative from Minnesota comes up for election, her constituents will have the opportunity to make that decision.
She recognizes that ghettoizing Palestine is not a good thing and says so. How dare she criticize Israel. That doesn’t make her anti-semetic.

she also said Allah needs to
wake the world
up to what israel is doing, and that its all about the benjamins, baby. because that’s not tapping into any bigoted stereotypes.

PaulS 09-09-2019 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1173773)
she also said Allah needs to
wake the world
up to what israel is doing, and that its all about the benjamins, baby. because that’s not tapping into any bigoted stereotypes.

And when Trump said Jews were great negotiators and said they were loyal to Israel did you come on here and say they were bigoted stereotypes bc if you didn't this just shows more hypocrisy.

Pete F. 09-09-2019 06:37 AM

I also think the world needs to look closely at what Israel is doing in Palestine.
She apologized for her tweet.

Pete F. 09-09-2019 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1173769)

While most Israelis are Jewish, 20% are Arabs.

Pete F. 09-09-2019 06:50 AM

"But WHY would you invite the Taliban to Camp David, of all places."

"We ran a credit check on them, and it seemed unlikely they could contribute usefully to the revenue stream at the Trump hotel."

scottw 09-09-2019 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1173774)
And when Trump said Jews were great negotiators and said they were loyal to Israel did you come on here and say they were bigoted stereotypes bc if you didn't this just shows more hypocrisy.

those were compliments...you know the difference right?