Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Stunned silence (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96200)

Sea Dangles 02-26-2020 07:22 AM

Stunned silence

I was just wondering what anybody else’s impression of the Democratic debate was.

Jim in CT 02-26-2020 07:53 AM

bernie at times looked like Sonny Corleone at the toll booth. Bloomberg came across awful again. we’ll soon k ow what the impact was.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 02-26-2020 08:51 AM

until it's down to 2 I'll watch the highlight reel , the only one not being outlandish is Mayor Pete , but being normal seems not to do well in elections

Sea Dangles 02-26-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1186838)
until it's down to 2 I'll watch the highlight reel , the only one not being outlandish is Mayor Pete , but being normal seems not to do well in elections

This is where you typically blame the base for tolerating the foolishness. Apparently that is not the case here. Good take.

The Dad Fisherman 02-26-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1186838)
I'll watch the highlight reel

That shouldn’t take to long

Raider Ronnie 02-26-2020 12:01 PM

I’m wonder who’s going down for the dirt nap 1st, Bernie or Biden.
Both look like they are older than dirt.
Bernie just had a heart attack and Biden is 3/4 the way to senile

wdmso 02-26-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1186851)
I’m wonder who’s going down for the dirt nap 1st, Bernie or Biden.
Both look like they are older than dirt.
Bernie just had a heart attack and Biden is 3/4 the way to senile

And Trumps what like 73

Raider Ronnie 02-26-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1186854)
And Trumps what like 73

Ya he’s 73 and can run circles around all of them.

Got Stripers 02-26-2020 04:30 PM

When it comes to breaking or ignoring laws, norms, civility you are correct; Trump is king. He also fits right into the republican mold. I know you guys love whataboutism, what about Hunter, Joe, Obama and of course the Clintons.

What about the democratic vs republican record of law breaking? Let’s go back to 1965, since beyond that most of us were either in diapers or in the case of SD eating his siblings to gain strength. Dems have 25 years of control, 3 indictments and 1 prison term. The republicans are the New England Patriots of law breakers, 120 indictments, 89 convictions and 34 prison terms.

Things usually balance out, yet here there seems to be a major imbalance here. To be the best republican president of our lifetime I guess, you just need to avoid being convicted and Trump has proven throughout his life and business failures, he is very good at avoiding jail time.

Jim in CT 02-26-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1186867)
When it comes to breaking or ignoring laws, norms, civility you are correct; Trump is king. He also fits right into the republican mold. I know you guys love whataboutism, what about Hunter, Joe, Obama and of course the Clintons.

What about the democratic vs republican record of law breaking? Let’s go back to 1965, since beyond that most of us were either in diapers or in the case of SD eating his siblings to gain strength. Dems have 25 years of control, 3 indictments and 1 prison term. The republicans are the New England Patriots of law breakers, 120 indictments, 89 convictions and 34 prison terms.

Things usually balance out, yet here there seems to be a major imbalance here. To be the best republican president of our lifetime I guess, you just need to avoid being convicted and Trump has proven throughout his life and business failures, he is very good at avoiding jail time.

so both parties are defined by the actions of their presidents, not by the policies they endorse and the results of those policies?

Sea Dangles 02-26-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Wow,more gotcha! You had a great day.👍🏿

scottw 02-27-2020 05:24 AM

Quote:

Trump has proven throughout his life and business failures, he is very good at avoiding jail time.

and good at getting elected apparently :bl::happy:

Got Stripers 02-27-2020 04:20 PM

For years Trump has pointed to the market as his indicator of the economy, now what? I guess he might actually have to sit down and educate himself on the many other indicators, not all in his favor. If this turns out to be a deep correction and on par with those in the past, his economy argument might go out the window.

scottw 02-27-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1186915)

For years Trump has pointed to the market as his indicator of the economy, now what? .

I worry about your comprehension...

Jim in CT 02-27-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1186915)
For years Trump has pointed to the market as his indicator of the economy, now what? I guess he might actually have to sit down and educate himself on the many other indicators, not all in his favor. If this turns out to be a deep correction and on par with those in the past, his economy argument might go out the window.

if you want to go just by the market ( which i wouldn’t), it’s still
way up since he took over, and it was high when he came in.

no sane person blames him for the last three days.

spence 02-27-2020 06:36 PM

Not outright blame but when you gut government medical science, downplay the threat because you’re terrified it will impact your electoral chances and then gag the doctors who are speaking honestly to the American people you now own it. Trump is like a deer in the headlights here and Pence is precisely the wrong person to lead.

spence 02-27-2020 06:44 PM

Even USA Today is blasting Fox News and right wing sites for their conspiracy riddled drivel. Maybe they should team up with the anti-vaxers.

scottw 02-27-2020 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
relax...

Got Stripers 02-27-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1186921)
Not outright blame but when you gut government medical science, downplay the threat because you’re terrified it will impact your electoral chances and then gag the doctors who are speaking honestly to the American people you now own it. Trump is like a deer in the headlights here and Pence is precisely the wrong person to lead.

Pence is on the record stating he doesn’t believe smoking kills people, he seems to be the logical choice for Trump, just look at the appointments to date.