Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Christmas Lights Still/Lazy Neighbor!!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=41702)

BigFish 06-19-2007 07:19 AM

Christmas Lights Still/Lazy Neighbor!!!

My neighbor is a nice guy...always very polite. However he has to be the laziest SOB on the planet! He had one of those plastic, build it yourself sheds in a box next to his house for over a year before he had his daughter and her boyfriend put it together! Then they had a beautiful new walkway put in the front of the house......he let his grass grow to about a foot high before he finally hired a landscaper to come cut it!?!? Why spend the dough on a beautiful brick walkway when you let the grass grow too high to see the darn thing??? They also left their Christmas tree in the front window till almost the middle of February before they took it down!!!! Alright.......this is the part that really peeves me.......its friggin mid-June.....they took down all their Christmas lights a few months ago......except the damn icicle string that is dangling from the front gutter.........I am damn sick of looking at it!!!!!!:mad:

striperman36 06-19-2007 07:34 AM

Let your dog crap on his front lawn

spence 06-19-2007 07:40 AM

Sorry, but my neighbor is the most lazy person on the planet...please don't get me started :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:

-spence

RIJIMMY 06-19-2007 09:45 AM

Seriously Larry....is he a fisherman? My lawn is always higher than my neighbors, fall leaves pile up until late Nov. etc. Im not a slob but my yard is the last thing on my list since my weekends are in the suds

BigFish 06-19-2007 01:15 PM

No! He is home all the time....just does nothing?!?!:rollem:

reelecstasy 06-19-2007 01:23 PM

Christmas in July!

kevin d 06-26-2007 03:10 PM

As a Rhode Islander living in the south, it just burns me up to see Christmas lights up all year long. It doesn't even phase most people here unless they are actually turned on too.

DaveSimpson 06-30-2007 09:16 AM

Hehehe, BigFish, I empathize with you entirely on the lawn, but maybe on the Christmas lights your neighbor is just a very big lover of Christmas.:) But then again I would say that given I look like the patriarch of Christmas himself. (Not Jesus, the other one) Lol :)

Dave

johnny ducketts 06-30-2007 05:51 PM

No, he's not lazy, he's just early for next x-mas :)

Duke41 06-30-2007 06:15 PM

is he sick or depressed or has A.D.D... Don't be a hater.:splat:

MikeTLive 07-09-2007 10:56 PM

my icicle lights came down two days ago due to heat fatique on the gutter clips. I like having the white lights around the porch. this winter I will be using icicle lights inside the porch - so the wife and inlaws and nosy neighbors dont complain - which can then come down whenever I feel like it (if ever) and straight lines along the gutters that will stay up all winter long.

they arent christmas lights in my mind anyway.
they are night-scape lights

I have been thinking of running the icicle lights across the back side of the house to use as lighting for summer parties and barbecueus.

I havent seen StripedBass party lights yet...
but I do have a couple strings of red chili peppers.

BigFish 07-16-2008 11:24 AM

Bulletin!!

On a good note....my neighbor finally got around to taking his Christmas lights down! Its only July 16th! Shame is he is gonna have to put them back up in 5 months??:laugha:

Backbeach Jake 07-16-2008 11:49 AM

I am the lazy neighbor, but I mind my own business.

The Dad Fisherman 07-16-2008 12:00 PM

Who Cares :huh:.....if the guys wants to have Pink Flamingos and a Statue of the Madonna in a half bathtub on his front lawn means nothing to me.

Just as long as he leaves my Tractor Tire Planter and Garden Gnomes alone I'm OK with him.

Saltheart 07-16-2008 12:21 PM

Maybe they were 4 th of July lights that he put up early?

likwid 07-16-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 501275)
No! He is home all the time....just does nothing?!?!:rollem:

So my neighbor after he got foreclosed on moved to your neighborhood?

SWEET!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 605336)
Who Cares :huh:.....if the guys wants to have Pink Flamingos and a Statue of the Madonna in a half bathtub on his front lawn means nothing to me.

Those are portugese people. :hihi:

Quote:

Just as long as he leaves my Tractor Tire Planter and Garden Gnomes alone I'm OK with him.
Order more garden gnomes.
One by one make them face his yard and house.
Make sure to do this at night when he doesn't notice it.

The Dad Fisherman 07-16-2008 02:10 PM

We use to do this fund-raiser with the scouts where if you donated, say $25 to the troop we would sneak into someones yard and "Flamingo" them...they'd wake up in the morning and there would be a dozen or so pink flamingos on there front lawn.

Adam_777 07-16-2008 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently came across a sasquatch garden statue in one of those airmall books on airplanes.A bunch of them in the front yard would be fun.

Attachment 28262

Grapenuts 07-16-2008 04:44 PM

Sounds like someone needs to get laid.....get a coffee pot for home and cut his puter line for a few months cause he's sounding like that cs fella.

Jenn 07-16-2008 05:42 PM

I admit I still have a wooden frosty the snowman in the flower bed....he was there till April as a joke and so many people busted me about it I then said he would stay there all year!

striperman36 07-16-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 605357)
We use to do this fund-raiser with the scouts where if you donated, say $25 to the troop we would sneak into someones yard and "Flamingo" them...they'd wake up in the morning and there would be a dozen or so pink flamingos on there front lawn.

A private school in Mansfield curently does that.
They've stolen 6 flamingos from yard, or maybe my wife donated them I haven't gotten the straight answer yet.

Flaptail 07-17-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 501152)
My neighbor is a nice guy...always very polite. However he has to be the laziest SOB on the planet! He had one of those plastic, build it yourself sheds in a box next to his house for over a year before he had his daughter and her boyfriend put it together! Then they had a beautiful new walkway put in the front of the house......he let his grass grow to about a foot high before he finally hired a landscaper to come cut it!?!? Why spend the dough on a beautiful brick walkway when you let the grass grow too high to see the darn thing??? They also left their Christmas tree in the front window till almost the middle of February before they took it down!!!! Alright.......this is the part that really peeves me.......its friggin mid-June.....they took down all their Christmas lights a few months ago......except the damn icicle string that is dangling from the front gutter.........I am damn sick of looking at it!!!!!!:mad:

LARRY, IF YOU DON'T CALM DOWN ONE OF THESE DAYS THESE LITTLE PEEVES ARE GOING CAUSE YOU TO DROP UNEXPECTEDLY LIKE A STONE!!!!

Chill out Bro!

Crafty Angler 07-19-2008 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaptail (Post 605501)
LARRY, IF YOU DON'T CALM DOWN ONE OF THESE DAYS THESE LITTLE PEEVES ARE GOING CAUSE YOU TO DROP UNEXPECTEDLY LIKE A STONE!!!!

Chill out Bro!

Hey, BF - I've got one thing to say.

Decaf.

BigFish 07-19-2008 07:03 AM

I venture to guess if one of you had a neighbor directly across the street who left his Christmas decorations up all year long, or had 2 broken down jalopies on the lawn, or let his lawn and shrubs grow rampant without cutting them ever.....you might also get a little tired of looking at them......in fact I can guarantee it! I was not stressed about it or anything....just damn sick and tired of looking out my living room window across the street and seeing these icicle lights dangling off his gutter in mid freakin July for the past 2 years! They are gone now, I am happy! He is a very good neighbor though, nice folks, so of course I never said anything or would I! I had thought of a covert zero dark thirty mission to cross the street and take them down myself once or twice!:gu: High octane for me always!

ProfessorM 07-19-2008 09:43 AM

Take him fishin Lawrence

BigFish 07-19-2008 09:53 AM

See Karl...here is the thing! I am most considerate of my neighbors! I keep my yard clean, I am quiet, try to help them out when ever I can with anything they may need....I have even snow blowed their driveways out for them before they get home from work so they do not have to park in the street while they clean it themselves! I am just good like that......and I know I have great neighbors and I am thankful for that! The lights were not a HUGE problem....just an irritation that I found amusing and would make a good thread......which it has. I am however, not a neighbor you want on your bad side........I can be the biggest prick on the planet if nudged in that direction!:tooth:

By the way....their daughter takes care of our cats when we are away. Just real good people. Just thought it was funny how someone goes to all the trouble of taking down all of their decorations 2 Christmas' in a row......and just leaves the dang lights up there for 2 dang summers?:huh:

The Dad Fisherman 07-19-2008 10:18 AM

I live directly across the street from a delapidated junk yard......adds character to the nieghborhood :D

MikeTLive 07-21-2008 08:39 PM

turns out my kid went crazy with the lights and me being the great dad I am climbed out on the porch roof to add even more! they stayed up till sometime after valentines day. - might have even been march or april :)

MikeTLive 07-21-2008 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here they are in all their glory:

gone fishin 07-22-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl F (Post 606028)
Larry... you have it made... Trust Me.. I know of which I speak...

if he was my nieghbor, I'd cut his grass, clip his hedges.. and throw him a BBQ.. and give him plugs.....

"He is a Nice Guy"....

that is all you need to know... and be gratefull for.....

Karl - you haven't run that guy out of town yet??:devil2::wall:

MTL are those penguins in the windows??:confused: