Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Boat Fishing & Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Screamed at (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93658)

Guppy 04-30-2018 04:19 PM

Screamed at

Wayne and I are up on the NWC in th fog, not a real heavy fog but fog
We can hear the engines of draggers and when I'd see one I'd do my best to get out of the way, I'd move..
A couple of them where scallopers...
I see one coming out of the fog , through her in gear to mosey out of the way, he turns for me, I move over again, he turns for me again,, f him I stay put!
He gets up close opens wheel house window yells out, " you got the hole ocean" WTF does that mean, he doesn't?
I point up to my T top thinking he'll notice no radar, he yells something back about my not having radar....

The drag must have gone right under the boat, I reeled like hell and got my jig back in,,, Wayne wasn't so lucky...

Couple of the draggers went by and waved,,,

Feel bad about not screaming back at him,,, I had a couple real good come backs... :-)

Takes all kinds I guess...

numbskull 05-01-2018 06:59 AM

It is sad how a brief ugly encounter with a stranger can overwhelm an entire day of otherwise pleasant fishing.

OLD GOAT 05-01-2018 03:53 PM

Crossing pleasant bay years ago in a duck sneak boat with a three hp motor and had a cabin cruiser up on plan with a giant wake crossing my path about to sink me. I had to touch off a twelve gage shot off his bow to get his attention.

Guppy 05-01-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull (Post 1141898)
It is sad how a brief ugly encounter with a stranger can overwhelm an entire day of otherwise pleasant fishing.

George we laughed it off and never gave it another thought... Actually had a good laugh... "You got the whole ocean" dah

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD GOAT (Post 1141926)
Crossing pleasant bay years ago in a duck sneak boat with a three hp motor and had a cabin cruiser up on plan with a giant wake crossing my path about to sink me. I had to touch off a twelve gage shot off his bow to get his attention.

Luv this,,, been thinking about a vacuum pack 45 onboard

wdmso 05-02-2018 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1141932)
George we laughed it off and never gave it another thought... Actually had a good laugh... "You got the whole ocean" dah

Luv this,,, been thinking about a vacuum pack 45 onboard

events like the other day , make me re consider getting my conceal & carry permit , because even the Idea of being recorded on a cell phone didn't stop theses guys from acting recklessly . sad i dont feel the need to carry on dry land but on the water thats another story

niko 05-02-2018 07:21 AM

Just to offer you guys a different perspective- this guy is out there dragging back and forth in an area and you two yahoos show up in the fog with no radar. You proceed to drop lines, where there is no haddock just cod btw, and start fish. He prob been working that spot for multiple days working a grid pattern or a contour line. Checking the scallopers for fish is a good idea but maybe give them a wider berth. I fish around them sometimes. Now I’m not saying he’s right for what he did but you guys have to be smarter too. No offense gents
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy 05-02-2018 03:06 PM

Thanks, I get it, no offense taken,,,
So now I need to buy freaken radar.... $$$$

Raider Ronnie 05-02-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1141983)

Yes
And the only rule that applies out on the ocean is “the bigger boat wins”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rockfish9 05-03-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1141983)

just say your getting it for your BMW ( big money waster).. I just put on my boat $1300..

piemma 05-04-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1141950)
events like the other day , make me re consider getting my conceal & carry permit , because even the Idea of being recorded on a cell phone didn't stop theses guys from acting recklessly . sad i dont feel the need to carry on dry land but on the water thats another story

Interesting. I've had my Concealed carry Permit since 2014. Never carry but I started to on the boat last year. Glock 21 Gen 4