Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   The essence of TDS (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96966)

detbuch 10-12-2020 10:21 AM

The essence of TDS

Keith Olbermann said "“He [Trump], and his enablers, and his supporters, and his collaborators, and the Mike Lees and the William Barrs ... and the Mike Pences, and the Rudy Giulianis and the Kyle Rittenhouses and the Amy Coney Barretts must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society while we try to rebuild it and to rebuild the world Trump has destroyed by turning it over to a virus,” Olbermann said.

Pete F might not go quite that far but pretty close.

The Dad Fisherman 10-12-2020 10:42 AM

"Removed from our society" Nothing Nazi-esque about that statement :rolleyes:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PaulS 10-12-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1202788)

sort of like Trump calling the press "enemy of the people"

Jim in CT 10-12-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

from the party of tolerance and inclusivity, mind you...

Jim in CT 10-12-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1202789)

When the press keeps repeating the lie that Trump didn't disavow white supremacists at Charlotesville? Were the press allies to Ferguson officer Wilson? The Duke lacrosse players? Nick Sandman?

Heck, throw much of Foxnews in there, many of whom won't criticize Trump for anything.

Did Trump call for them to be prosecuted and convicted? Unless he said that, no, it's not like what Obermann said.

Again, you are literally incapable of just saying it's a disgusting statement. Because a democrat said it. You pivot immediately to Trump. In the era of Trump, there can be no valid criticism of a democrat.

spence 10-12-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1202790)
from the party of tolerance and inclusivity, mind you...

Yes, and he is the defacto party spokesperson right? I didn't even know he still had a job.

Jim in CT 10-12-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1202795)
Yes, and he is the defacto party spokesperson right? I didn't even know he still had a job.

obviously he’s not a powerhouse in the party. but i see that the liberals
here can’t bring themselves to condemn what he said. even though he’s a nobody, you still can’t just say that was a terrible statement.

because of tds. because of tds, democrats can’t criticize other democrats.

Pete F. 10-12-2020 12:28 PM

Well, at least he’s not the candidate
Tweety tweets while in a roid rage.......
“Obama, Biden, Crooked Hillary and many others got caught in a Treasonous Act of Spying and Government Overthrow, a Criminal Act. How is Biden now allowed to run for President?“

Jim in CT 10-12-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1202798)
“Obama, Biden, Crooked Hillary and many others got caught in a Treasonous Act of Spying and Government Overthrow, a Criminal Act. How is Biden now allowed to run for President?“

Every single time someone points out something a democrat does, you respond by pointing out Trump. Every. Single. Time.

But you don't have TDS. Nope.

detbuch 10-12-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1202798)

He didn't say that the supporters of Biden or Hillary needed to be prosecuted and removed from society. And, yes, many have been caught in a treasonous act of spying and government overthrow. And there is documented evidence that Hillary and Biden and Obama were part of that. But fake news press pays little attention to that so for you it doesn't exist.

spence 10-12-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1202797)
obviously he’s not a powerhouse in the party. but i see that the liberals
here can’t bring themselves to condemn what he said. even though he’s a nobody, you still can’t just say that was a terrible statement.

I don't think it's necessary to condemn pretty much a nobody for saying something hyperbolic. He does it to get attention, just like Trump.

The Dad Fisherman 10-12-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1202789)

Well you can thank Olberman, who said that Americans should be "Removed from our Society", for giving that statement some validity.

Jim in CT 10-12-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1202803)
Well you can thank Olberman, who said that Americans should be "Removed from our Society", for giving that statement some validity.

And for what they did to the Duke lacrosse players, Nick Sandman, Darren Wilson, etc...

PaulS 10-12-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1202803)

Who is Olberman again?

Pete F. 10-12-2020 01:08 PM

Poor victims, just like Tweety.
Now, who's up for some court packing

Jim in CT 10-12-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1202809)
Poor victims, just like Tweety.
Now, who's up for some court packing

if detbuch is a victim for starting this one thread, what does that make you?

Pete F. 10-12-2020 01:23 PM

I'm finding it hard to care about the Barrett hearings because (1) the only meaningful option Democrats had was to try to stop them from happening, and they let them happen, (2) Barrett can and will make her own recusal decisions, (3) credentials are immaterial in the Trump era.

The Dad Fisherman 10-12-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1202807)
Who is Olberman again?

An Enemy of the State

Jim in CT 10-12-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1202811)
(3) credentials are immaterial in the Trump era.

So graduating #1 from her law school class from Notre Dame, and having the ABA say she is "well qualified" for SCOTUS. Those aren't good credentials?

Also, does she have a history of having her decisions get overturned because she was wrong on the law?

PLease elaborate, Pete. Or better yet be quiet.

detbuch 10-12-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1202802)
I don't think it's necessary to condemn pretty much a nobody for saying something hyperbolic. He does it to get attention, just like Trump.

And Trump gets condemned for it. So . . . .

wdmso 10-12-2020 04:26 PM

TDS is posting the comments of a Sports commentator that the majority of Americans have to google to find out who he is..

like i had to do ...

once again the Right loves their needles in a haystack stories

wdmso 10-12-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

not really

must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society

its called Jail or to use a conservatives Mantra Lock them up

Mar 29, 2019 — President Donald Trump's supporters chanted 'Lock them up' as he listed his enemies at a campaign rally in Grand Rapids, Mich., Thursday ...

funny you never commented that was Nazi-esque :huh:

detbuch 10-12-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1202821)
TDS is posting the comments of a Sports commentator that the majority of Americans have to google to find out who he is..

like i had to do ...

once again the Right loves their needles in a haystack stories

Once again you have something against finding a needle that you're looking for in a haystack. Finding something you're looking for is a good thing, no?

And if you don't know who Keith Olbermann is, you must have just awoken from a very long coma. And that doesn't matter anyway since the thread is not about him. It's what he said that, to me, captures the essential emotional reaction to Trump. No matter who might have said it.

Pete F. 10-12-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1202786)
Keith Olbermann said "“He [Trump], and his enablers, and his supporters, and his collaborators, and the Mike Lees and the William Barrs ... and the Mike Pences, and the Rudy Giulianis and the Kyle Rittenhouses and the Amy Coney Barretts must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society while we try to rebuild it and to rebuild the world Trump has destroyed by turning it over to a virus,” Olbermann said.

Pete F might not go quite that far but pretty close.

Tweety and his supporters, Flynn, Giuliani, Jr, etc all lead chants of Lock them up.
Pot meet kettle
All on a far bigger stage than this bird
But the victims cry foul when the tables are turned

scottw 10-12-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F.;1202811

I'm finding it hard to care about the Barrett hearings because .

[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]

so that's the last you'll have to say on them?...hopefully :)

Jim in CT 10-12-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1202836)
so that's the last you'll have to say on them?...hopefully :)

maybe they’ll cancel the whole thing if pete doesn’t care.

Pete F. 10-12-2020 07:54 PM

That wouldn’t be any fun

I can’t return to the bat cave till November

detbuch 10-12-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1202834)
Tweety and his supporters, Flynn, Giuliani, Jr, etc all lead chants of Lock them up.
Pot meet kettle
All on a far bigger stage than this bird
But the victims cry foul when the tables are turned

I haven't heard Flynn and Giuliani "leading" such chants. And I've heard chants of lock HER up, but not chants to lock up her supporters. And the crowd chants are more sarcastic and even humorous, not shouted with the malicious wide net venom and conviction that Olbermann displayed. And at least she allegedly did things for which she should be locked up.

But, again, the thread is not about Olbermann or crying foul. It's only an example, a very good one, that shows the essential emotion that drives TDS, the scorched earth bitter hate for Trump and many of those associated with or supportive of him.

And you constantly display a similar venom against Trump and those such as Barr, or Giuliani, and Jr., etc. So if any tables are turned (which is not the intention of the thread) they have been turned on your hate. Do you consider yourself to be some kind of "bird" or feel victimized by this thread?

PaulS 10-13-2020 06:49 AM

The essense of TDS is defending the most vile scummy petty foul mouthed President that we have ever had.

scottw 10-13-2020 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1202871)

the most vile scummy petty foul mouthed

:confused: because name calling is wrong:hee: