Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   NHL.com Bracket Challenge (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=85649)

tlapinski 04-14-2014 07:37 AM

NHL.com Bracket Challenge

Kind of last minute but how about we do a little competition? I just set up a private league at http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/play...gues?locale=en called "S-B.com". You need to sign up, pick your teams and join the league. The password is stripedbass. To make it interesting let's put up two brand new plugs for each entry. Half of the plugs will go to the winner and the other half will go to the 3rd Annual Block Island trip for the troops auction http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...ad.php?t=84907.

So, who is in?

nightfighter 04-15-2014 02:43 PM

In

tlapinski 04-15-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1039126)
In

Good luck! I have already changed my picks three times. The east was easy but I don't feel good about any of my picks out west.

Clammer 04-15-2014 09:09 PM

I,m in but I can,t get it to save , so I can,t get past round 1 .................... && I,ve tried a few times & it ends tonight so fu ck it

iamskippy 04-16-2014 07:33 AM

Clammer i did the same thing, you need to get round one and how many games each series is going to go, that is the numbers on the left. After that go all the way to the cup, pick the winner and then put in how many goals you think will be scored in the final.

MikeD 04-16-2014 09:44 AM

This still open? I tried to get in this morning and it just said my bracket was locked in the middle of the teams so I deleted my entry. I've got a bunch of brandy new plugs from the show season. I'll hop in if its still possible.

tlapinski 04-16-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeD (Post 1039214)
This still open? I tried to get in this morning and it just said my bracket was locked in the middle of the teams so I deleted my entry. I've got a bunch of brandy new plugs from the show season. I'll hop in if its still possible.

It should be open until this evening when the games start.

MikeD 04-16-2014 10:21 AM

OK, don't know what happened the first time, but I'm all set. I'm in there as Eely McSeaLice becase Mike D was already taken. I'm surprised Eely McSeaLice was available.

I can pop a Mack North Bar bottle darter or a Herring super strike little neck swimmer in the mail for the Trip for the Troops whenever, just let me know who's collecting and I'll send it along.

tlapinski 04-16-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeD (Post 1039223)
OK, don't know what happened the first time, but I'm all set. I'm in there as Eely McSeaLice becase Mike D was already taken. I'm surprised Eely McSeaLice was available.

I can pop a Mack North Bar bottle darter or a Herring super strike little neck swimmer in the mail for the Trip for the Troops whenever, just let me know who's collecting and I'll send it along.

I'll collect the donation lures for the benefit at a later date and will deliver to the winner when I get out there in June.

Clammer 04-16-2014 03:47 PM

I did everything right down to th etie breaker / but it won,t save round one so I can pick the numer of games fro 2 & the finals :smash:

nightfighter 04-20-2014 07:38 AM

Chicago is going to hurt a lot of you....

nightfighter 04-20-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clammer (Post 1039252)
I did everything right down to th etie breaker / but it won,t save round one so I can pick the numer of games fro 2 & the finals :smash:

You look like you got it done..... we aren't picking number of games beyond first round.

Clammer 04-20-2014 09:16 AM

do the L/N,s have to be alive ????:fury:

nightfighter 04-20-2014 10:02 AM

:rotf2: Took me a minute to figure out what the hell you were saying.

Clammer 04-20-2014 10:17 AM

WTf that was english :smash:

iamskippy 04-22-2014 09:23 PM

I knew i was going to sacrifice that series, i didnt take the habs out hatred for them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tlapinski 04-23-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 1040024)
I knew i was going to sacrifice that series, i didnt take the habs out hatred for them.

It pained me to pick the Habs over the Lightning, but with the uncertainty of their goaltending coming into the playoffs I had to go with Montreal. Not to get ahead of myself just yet but Montreal could be a test for the B's come round 2. They just have a way about them that upsets their game play.

MikeD 04-23-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 1040024)

X2! My thoughts exactly on that pick. The B's looked great last night. Dougie's goal was a thing of beauty. Still a long way to go in this series, but feeling a lot better about it. That Blues/Blackhawks series is going to make or break our little pool. Lets go Blues!

nightfighter 04-27-2014 04:50 PM

I'm screwed with the Blues out.....

iamskippy 04-27-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1040521)

Blues suck..... i am in the same boat

tlapinski 04-28-2014 06:51 AM

I was rooting for the blues to win and was all bummed that the Hawks took the series until I just double-checked my picks to see I had Chicago all along. :smash:

iamskippy 04-29-2014 06:04 AM

SJ and Colorado just dont want to win.... there goes my bonus points Fers

Mike P 04-29-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1040521)

Rent-a-Miller's fail was so predictable. Should have seen that coming. If I was Hitchcock, I would have gone with Elliot. He had a great regular season.

Mike P 04-29-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 1040683)
SJ and Colorado just dont want to win.... there goes my bonus points Fers

SJ's goaltending is in turmoil. They way overworked Niemi during the season, plus, he went to Sochi. Even though he didn't play a single minute, the travel must have affected him, and Finland played a full set of games, so he couldn't leave early. Then, there was the huge celebration they threw for the team in Helsinki the day after the closing ceremonies. I think he started 61 games during the season. Claude was smart to go with Chad for the first two games after the break, and give Tuukka a rest.

Colorado had a great run, but by all rights they should have been eliminated last night. They got gifted game 5 by the horrible officiating at the end. They're a young team, and experience matters in the playoffs. And Roy has made some questionable coaching decisions along the way.

iamskippy 04-30-2014 04:57 PM

Philly Colorado SJ tonight!

nightfighter 04-30-2014 06:41 PM

Three seventh games tonight!

I need the Flyers, Avalanche and Kings.... It would be great to see the win the West too.... The only thing I know is I'm getting six points tonight for game 7 picks. Beyond that, I need a lot of help

iamskippy 04-30-2014 07:43 PM

This philly game is horrible. ...... both teams should be in the playoffs

tlapinski 05-01-2014 06:56 AM

I went 3 for 3 last night. Of course I got all three games WRONG. :smash:

iamskippy 05-01-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlapinski (Post 1040911)
I went 3 for 3 last night. Of course I got all three games WRONG. :smash:

yup , i am going back to doing things i know better.........:smash:

GregW 05-01-2014 07:19 AM

7/8 series correctly. I had originally picked the Wild too, and talked myself out of it.

However, all I care about is correctly predicting the Bruins to win the cup. :buds: