Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Nazi Tourettes (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=65234)

MotoXcowboy 07-25-2010 03:52 PM

Nazi Tourettes

Spence, I thought you would enjoy this...

YouTube - Black on Beck - does Beck have Nazi Tourettes?

spence 07-25-2010 05:23 PM

Dude, I posted that a month ago!

It is freaking hillarious though, deserving of a re-post :cheers:

-spence

MotoXcowboy 07-25-2010 05:51 PM

ahh...I never saw your post, :grins:

spence 07-25-2010 06:23 PM

Don't sweat it. I do appreciate the effort.

Hope the little one is doing well.

-spence

MotoXcowboy 07-26-2010 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks, we're doing great. I took the lil hil bil scouting for deer again today we jumped another doe. He's gonna be quite the hunter after all this time in the woods.

MotoXcowboy 07-26-2010 11:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Check out the suit

MotoXcowboy 07-26-2010 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

spence 07-27-2010 09:01 AM

Nice, give the kid a cue hell make you a fortune!

Love the last pic.

-spence

JohnR 07-27-2010 02:01 PM

Missed that the first time - hilarious :rotf2:

The Dad Fisherman 07-27-2010 03:17 PM

With that outfit you may not want to reprimand him to stiffly....he may have you Whacked

MotoXcowboy 08-28-2010 07:17 AM

hes at it again...

Glenn Beck compares ABC report to Nazi propaganda

Glenn Beck compares ABC report to Nazi propaganda - Yahoo! News

spence 08-28-2010 07:56 AM

I can't wait for the rally. It's a non-partisan salute to the troops, but even Beck confides that God might start speaking through him during his time slot.

-spence

detbuch 08-28-2010 09:45 AM

Glen Beck should back off from holding his rally at this place and time. He has a constitutional right to do what he is doing, but he is being insensitive to black people. He must understand the symbolic objections and pick another place and time.

And he must also back off from using the Nazi references so often. True, again, that he has the constitutional right to do so, but an occasional Nazi comparison would suffice. It's the numbers that offend. 200 or 300 or the infinite amount of times, that's the problem. It's just so many that one would find it impossible to even begin to actually analyze whether there is any validity in his analogies. And it certainly is offensive to those who may even be using Nazi methods, wittingly or unwittingly, for good ends. Surely, being so successful in turning Weimar Germany into the Nazi state, the methods must have had some things to recommend them. Like Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. Its the method, not necessarily the end . . . right? The NEA, and everybody else can benefit by using radical methods. Why not Nazi methods? But, of course, Beck can't help it. He has a tourettes. There is no cure for that. Gee . . . I wonder if such labeling is offensive to those who actually suffer from the disease?

Joe 08-28-2010 10:26 AM

It is highly offensive to those who have tourettes. They've been blurting out their displeasure all along - its just that what they've said has been completely non-sensible so nobody has noticed.

detbuch 08-28-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 790814)
It is highly offensive to those who have tourettes. They've been blurting out their displeasure all along - its just that what they've said has been completely non-sensible so nobody has noticed.

It's true that one of the manifestations of tourettes is sometimes "blurting out" incoherent nonsense. On the other hand, there are several famous people that have or have had tourettes syndrome. Amazingly, several professional athletes battled against their tics to become stars of their game. As far as a tourettes sufferer being able to communicate effectively, one can look to such as Mozart and Dr. Samuel Johnson. They certainly have been heard and listened to. Though tourettes was not known of in their day, studies of their biographies have surmised they had tourettes.

I know that you were being humorous, and the Beck tourettes thing is funny, but, knowing someone close who has been through the symptons, I wouldn't go too far with the jokes. Beck is a big boy and can take it. Then, again, maybe tourettes sufferers can appreciate the humor.

Joe 08-28-2010 11:32 AM

I won't go too far - that would not be funny.

spence 08-28-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 790810)
Glen Beck should back off from holding his rally at this place and time. He has a constitutional right to do what he is doing, but he is being insensitive to black people. He must understand the symbolic objections and pick another place and time.

I don't have a problem with Beck holding his rally today. I do have a problem with him asserting the date is random. Then again, I think he's completely full of %$%$%$%$, so it doesn't surprise me at all that he would lie about it. Perhaps God gave him a special pass.

People with verbal ticks often say things that make perfect sense, they often just can't filter the content as a non-tourettes person might.

There's a fascinating chapter in one of Oliver Sacks books on people with tourettes.

Karl F 08-29-2010 09:23 AM

YouTube - 1957 Face in the Crowd /message in movie

watched this movie recently?
if not, do it...
"A Face in the Crowd"...
update it by half a century, and it becomes the Glenn Beck story.
Scary how parralel it is to Beck.

I just hope some sound engineer leaves him with an open mike at some point, when he thinks he is off air...

Swimmer 08-29-2010 10:05 AM

I'D like to know why the date belongs solely to black america when so many white americans had tremendous love and respect for the "I have a dream speech".

And why did so many black americans speak at Becks podium/rally?

RIJIMMY 08-30-2010 11:38 AM

I used to enjoy Beck's commentaries on CNN. He seemed pretty moderate at the time. Dont know what happened and how he got all religious. Anyone preaching religion in politics pushese me far, far away. I think this stuff along with Palin only appeals to the right wing and alienates the middle. The elections belong to the independents, period. None of the people at the rally voted for Obama, so whats the point?

Joe 08-30-2010 12:51 PM

The fiscal conservatives are in the back of the bus and the social conservatives are at the wheel.

RIJIMMY 08-30-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 791150)
The fiscal conservatives are in the back of the bus and the social conservatives are at the wheel.

thats a dumb move, fiscal is the hot button right now, just check out the polls.

Joe 08-30-2010 01:22 PM

You're one of those guys who have read the conservative theorists, you probably liked Buckley and Goldwater - you're in the back of the bus.

RIJIMMY 08-30-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 791162)
You're one of those guys who have read the conservative theorists, you probably liked Buckley and Goldwater - you're in the back of the bus.

Im one of the guys that works his butt off, will pay for his kids college education and own retirement. I want a govt that leaves me alone and doenst tax my ass off.

Joe 08-30-2010 02:39 PM

That part was never in question. I thought you had both sides - I try to not underestimate people.

MotoXcowboy 10-03-2010 07:25 PM

:) hahah

YouTube - Jon Stewart spoofs Glenn Beck's WACKO conspiracies. LOL!!! - Countdown