Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Proud Daddy moment... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=83414)

Rockfish9 08-27-2013 11:47 AM

Proud Daddy moment...

as many here know,my son is a US Navy seal.. that alone, to me is a lifes accomplishment.. last night as i prepared to untie from the dock , my phone rang... it was my son... his job keeps us appart and him away from his family.. his dedication to his job and our country cost him his marriage and a great deal of his youth.. he went into the Navy fresh out of high school..it's the only job he has ever known.. from the time he was a little boy all I ever heard from him is how he wanted to be a Navy seal.. I do not hear from him often... he asked me if I would be having any time off in the near future... I replied I still have 2 weeks of vation left... he then said... Dad.. is there any way to make it to Andrews A.F.Base next month.. I replied, yea I guess.. fearing something bad....Imagine my surprise when he said he'd like me there when he gets pinned for his promotion to chief...I was stunned.. I know how hard he has worked for this. and the many, many sacrafices he has made to get there.. I told him I'd be there even if I had to walk... as a father of a 3rd Generation soldier... I couldn't be prouder... my only regret is his Grandfather who was a korean war vet in the CB's is not alive to see what a fine young man he has become...so I have to be proud enough for both of us...

tysdad115 08-27-2013 11:55 AM

Congratulations Joe, awesome.

Slipknot 08-27-2013 11:57 AM

That is AWESOME Joe :btu:
Congratulations to him and you
we want to see pictures
and ya, you absolutely have to go to that
I'm very happy for you

WESTPORTMAFIA 08-27-2013 11:58 AM

Awesome!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rockfish9 08-27-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1011333)
That is AWESOME Joe :btu:
Congratulations to him and you
we want to see pictures
and ya, you absolutely have to go to that
I'm very happy for you

you bet..Ill take pictures..

nightfighter 08-27-2013 12:12 PM

First off, a huge thank you to both your son, and his family (you). Without their sacrifice, supporting these operators just doesn't get done. Couldn't be happier to hear this Joe. I know it is a BIG pin for those in that small crew of elite warriors. It speaks volumes of a man within the Teams. I also know how the family can do nothing but pray, trust, and worry when you don't hear and don't know....but that not hearing means you do know...

angler229 08-27-2013 12:12 PM

Congrats! That's great!

BigBo 08-27-2013 12:14 PM

Awesome Joe!!!!!!!!
My nephew is also a SEAL.
When you see him at Andrews, please thank him from us for his dedicated service. :uhuh:

Bronko 08-27-2013 12:25 PM

That's fantastic Joe. You must be beaming. I hope I am as successful raising my boys as you were with yours. Congratulations.

Jackbass 08-27-2013 12:47 PM

Wow that is awesome congrats to you and your son

Rockfish9 08-27-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1011338)
First off, a huge thank you to both your son, and his family (you). Without their sacrifice, supporting these operators just doesn't get done. Couldn't be happier to hear this Joe. I know it is a BIG pin for those in that small crew of elite warriors. It speaks volumes of a man within the Teams. I also know how the family can do nothing but pray, trust, and worry when you don't hear and don't know....but that not hearing means you do know...

Thanks everyone... I consider this group of fine human beings an extension of my family..there isnt a one of you I wouldn't do anything for...I'll post pictures in this thread when I go to the ceremony ..

Ross.. you hit it on the head... it's huge for him.. he told me 3 or 4 years ago it was a goal of his... when he asked me if I could make it to Andrews...my first thought in that instant was he was injured and I was going to have to bring him home to live with me for awhile when he got out of the hospital... the relief i felt was over whelming... to the point where I didn't even go fishing.. I was shaking uncontrolably... my neck and back muscles tightened into a knot... I've competed several Iron man competitions... my heart never beat that hard ... I called my wife.. told her the news and that I would be home in 30 minutes...

Rockport24 08-27-2013 01:14 PM

That is freakin awesome! A big congarts to him and you and a big thank you for his service

The Dad Fisherman 08-27-2013 01:46 PM

That's awesome Joe, Congrats to your son...that is a hell of an accomplishment....and as mentioned before, don't forget to thank him for us

buckman 08-27-2013 02:11 PM

Congratulations to both of you and thank you very much!!
It must be amazing be the father to one of the best of the best this nation has! You and the Mrs are blessed

Fishpart 08-27-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1011338)

Congratulations, no way I can add to what Ross said!! Thank him for his service.

Sea Dangles 08-27-2013 03:03 PM

Congrats,it is a great accomplishment.

ProfessorM 08-27-2013 03:30 PM

Congrats to your son Joe. You done well. Enjoy your trip and look forward to the pics.

Swimmer 08-27-2013 03:50 PM

Double up on what Ross said, I don't know if a simple thank you for his service to his nation, and to you, suffices Joe, but thank you.

Raven 08-27-2013 04:38 PM

hail to the new Chief

thanks for sharing that....

you must be "beaming" with pride

flyvice11787 08-27-2013 05:16 PM

Congrats!!

spence 08-27-2013 06:19 PM

Congrats, that's a huge achievement.

striperman36 08-27-2013 06:20 PM

Ready to Lead, Ready to Follow, Never Quit!

Only the few make it, awesome.

Enter quietly, leave even quieter, never leave a trace, we all come home

Slingah 08-27-2013 07:36 PM

Congrats to you and your family and thank you to all

O.D. Mike 08-27-2013 08:02 PM

Congrats Joe!!!

JohnR 08-27-2013 08:26 PM

That is truly awesome Joe. One tough accomplishment in a small & tough community! Please shake his hand for all of us.

I'm not sure on his (or your stance) on Adult Beverages but I would not mind pitching in towards a few rounds on the wetting down party (or whatever the Chief's equivalent is called these days)

Saltheart 08-27-2013 08:28 PM

A great accomplishment. You both deserve to be proud!

justplugit 08-27-2013 08:28 PM

My congratulations and respect to you both.
May the Good Lord bless you both.

fishbones 08-27-2013 09:05 PM

Congrats to your son for his promotion and to you and you wife for raising such an accomplished young man.

zacs 08-27-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1011382)
That is truly awesome Joe. One tough accomplishment in a small & tough community! Please shake his hand for all of us.

I'm not sure on his (or your stance) on Adult Beverages but I would not mind pitching in towards a few rounds on the wetting down party (or whatever the Chief's equivalent is called these days)

I'd throw in!

How awesome. As a father of a young boy, I could only hope for something so great. Congrats to you both!!!

iamskippy 08-28-2013 02:05 AM

Everyone above summed it up! Pure Awesomeness!