Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trump sides with Dems on spending cap (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92761)

Jim in CT 09-08-2017 08:33 AM

Trump sides with Dems on spending cap

Trump gave Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer exactly what they wanted regarding the debt ceiling increase. He angered conservatives in doing so.

Does he deserve credit for putting party politics aside and doing what he thinks is right?

RIROCKHOUND 09-08-2017 11:46 AM

Perhaps; I think he is so driven by optics he wanted a visible 'win' and was sick of waiting for the GOP to move on some of this.

When you have no core values or convictions you will swing with the political breeze...

Fishpart 09-08-2017 11:57 AM

Don't forget that Trump was a DemocRat who supported and was supported by DemocRats long before he was ever a republican. He certainly can't be called Conservative...

PaulS 09-08-2017 12:19 PM

He did it to put pressure on the Repubs.

As I said yesterday, he is clay who will change based on what the last person told him.

I'm always in favor of bipartisanismships

wdmso 09-08-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1127778)
Trump gave Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer exactly what they wanted regarding the debt ceiling increase. He angered conservatives in doing so.

Does he deserve credit for putting party politics aside and doing what he thinks is right?

I have to agree I think he may have put country before party politics .. He wasn't going for 18 month debt extension..

He owns this one he didn't pass the buck like he has thats certain .. and how much a victory did he really give democrats..?

Democrats should not be doing back slaps or read into this .. if they do their morons

Nebe 09-08-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpart (Post 1127792)
Don't forget that Trump was a DemocRat who supported and was supported by DemocRats long before he was ever a republican. He certainly can't be called Conservative...

That's right. He knew those dummycRats would never vote for him. Smart move
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-08-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1127794)

As I said yesterday, he is clay who will change based on what the last person told him.

As opposed to Hilary, who until recently was adamantly opposed to gay marriage, and here in this video from 2014, says that children of illegals should be sent packing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtu50I9IMys

Again, I have no problem calling Trump a flip-flopper, because that's exactly what he is. But if it's a character flaw when he does it, how come it isn't a character flaw when she does it? Because today, she is encouraging everyone to resist Trumps desire to do away with the Dream Act.

When people flip flop toward liberalism, that's called "evolving". Not flip-flopping.

PaulS 09-08-2017 04:39 PM

I'll bet you a hundred bucks I can come up with two times the amount of flip flops for Trump versus Clinton? How about it?

I have no problem people changing their mind. The difference is with Trump he denies he said something even when it is on tapte - i e he lies.

Was she talking about the Daca kids in that video?

Jim in CT 09-08-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1127822)
I'll bet you a hundred bucks I can come up with two times the amount of flip flops for Trump versus Clinton? How about it?

I have no problem people changing their mind. The difference is with Trump he denies he said something even when it is on tapte - i e he lies.

Was she talking about the Daca kids in that video?

"I'll bet you a hundred bucks I can come up with two times the amount of flip flops for Trump versus Clinton? How about it?"

I would not take that bet.

So a certain number of flip flops is acceptable. Hilary is below that number, Trump is above. Convenient.

"

scottw 09-09-2017 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

"I'll bet you a hundred bucks I can come up with two times the amount of flip flops for Trump versus Clinton? How about it?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1127832)

I would not take that bet.

So a certain number of flip flops is acceptable. Hilary is below that number, Trump is above. Convenient.

"

take it...just to make him go searching :huh::laugha:

PaulS 09-09-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1127844)
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

take it...just to make him go searching :huh::laugha:

You can have that bet too. 100 bucks to Hurricane recovery. Actually I wouldn't have to search probably can come up with 10 right off the bat

PaulS 09-09-2017 11:00 AM

This is actually a good thread to dissect. Jim has called Democrats apologists, Hypocrites and Liars. The video he attached had nothing to do with dreamers. Either he doesn't understand or is lying when he posted it. I've never said Jim is not smart so I would think it's the latter. In a thread that was about Trump he brings up Clinton to somehow defend Pres. Trump IE he's being an apologist for Trump. He spent much bandwidth talking about how Obama would bring up Bush when he would talk about the economy he inherited and Jim said he didn't like it yet here he is talking about Clinton and she's wasn't even in office. Hypocrisy.

And I have no problem for politicians saying their opinion has evolved over time. That is happened with civil rights gay marriage on and on. It's when they make a statement and claim they never made the complete opposite statement previously

scottw 09-09-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1127855)
And I have no problem for politicians saying their opinion has evolved over time.

when democrats "evolve" it's open-minded and brilliant
when republicans "evolve" it's hypocrisy

scottw 09-09-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1127854)

You can have that bet too. 100 bucks to Hurricane recovery. Actually I wouldn't have to search probably can come up with 10 right off the bat

I'm sure you could invent quite a few

Jim in CT 09-09-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1127855)
This is actually a good thread to dissect. Jim has called Democrats apologists, Hypocrites and Liars. The video he attached had nothing to do with dreamers. Either he doesn't understand or is lying when he posted it. I've never said Jim is not smart so I would think it's the latter. In a thread that was about Trump he brings up Clinton to somehow defend Pres. Trump IE he's being an apologist for Trump. He spent much bandwidth talking about how Obama would bring up Bush when he would talk about the economy he inherited and Jim said he didn't like it yet here he is talking about Clinton and she's wasn't even in office. Hypocrisy.

And I have no problem for politicians saying their opinion has evolved over time. That is happened with civil rights gay marriage on and on. It's when they make a statement and claim they never made the complete opposite statement previously

She is talking about children who came here with their parents, illegally. In all seriousness, how is that different from the people Trump is targeting?

On the flip-flopping, as you said, we all do it. I don't have a huge issue with Hilary flip-flopping on gay marriage, as she now agrees with me on the issue. But in her deplorables speech, she implied that those who disagree with her, are homophobic. Has she ever once said "hey, I was opposed to gay marriage until very recently (until the polling switched, actually), so let's not attack everyone who disagrees with us?"

Jim in CT 09-09-2017 01:40 PM

And I am not bringing up Hilary to defend Trump (you can just ask me, instead of making assumptions). I brought her up, to show the glaring hypocrisy of the left. It's not hateful when Hilary opposed gay marriage and supported deportation of little kids, nor is it problematic even when she slut-shames the victims of sexual assault on TV. But if a Republican dares to share those views, Paul, are you going to deny that they are portrayed in a more negative light, than when Hilary expresses those views?

That's what I'm getting at.

Oh, and watch what happens when Ben Shapiro (a harmless, thoughtful, not inflammatory like Ann Coulter) speaks at Berkley in 10 days or so. There may be nothing left of the town.

You almost never see conservatives throwing riots when liberals speak. Why is that?

scottw 09-09-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1127861)

You almost never see conservatives throwing riots when liberals speak. Why is that?

it's hard to riot when you are laughing or at your job......

Jim in CT 09-09-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1127862)
it's hard to riot when you are laughing or at your job......

I am sure that's part of it.

Whats what happens when Ben Shapiro shows up at Berkley soon.

I have asked many times why those politically-motivated riots are always liberals doing the rioting. Never get a good answer.

detbuch 09-09-2017 11:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-IwkgSu2O0