Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   DIY - Forum (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Throwing snow (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95848)

spence 11-26-2019 08:56 AM

Throwing snow

Just paved the driveway. It’s a decent amount of asphalt. Need to buy a big snow blower. Any brands stand out? I think I asked about this a few years ago.

redlite 11-26-2019 12:21 PM

Break out your check book and just pay someone to plow it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

zimmy 11-26-2019 12:39 PM

Gravely snow cannon https://vimeo.com/84328966
mostly kidding but they are badbutt

I went through this a few years ago. I think all the big brands are comparable. Whichever one you can get the best deal on or whichever one your small local power shop sells and services. Problem with paying someone to do it is that you are at the mercy of their schedule.

spence 11-26-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlite (Post 1180424)
Break out your check book and just pay someone to plow it

I've considered that option. Trying to be self sufficient...

That being said, plowable snow around here is so inconsistent.

Sea Dangles 11-26-2019 02:20 PM

Ariens
Super size it.

spence 11-26-2019 02:37 PM

Last winter we didn't have a single plowable snow. I don't know if I even broke out a shovel.

The winter before one morning I woke up to 80 feet of my driveway under 3-4 feet. Thankfully the neighbor has a bucket loader.

nightfighter 11-26-2019 04:11 PM

Where are you located?
Sent you a listing for a machine located in Chepachet that might fit the bill

ProfessorM 11-26-2019 07:48 PM

Ariens

piemma 11-27-2019 04:54 AM

I have a Husqvarna Model 924HV. Lots of power 24" path and electric start. Has never let me down and you know the snow we get in Burrillville.

Rmarsh 11-27-2019 06:27 AM

Been clearing my 250' of driveway of snow for 42 years....including blizzard of '78. Had a Toro... forgot which model...a beast...that thing threw snow further and faster than anything.....should have fixed it when it needed repairs. Got a newer one.. different brand...no comparison.

bloocrab 11-27-2019 10:13 AM

Don't get a Craftsman, mine don't throw for chit.... never did, even when brand new. Thought it was a beast when I first bought it...... until I saw my neighbor's Arien throwing Rainbows of snow everywhere.

I had a wide driveway...even when I started in the middle, it wouldn't reach the grass..it would pile up on the edge, leaving me to circle back again...except by then, it was much heavier, more compact and wet.

Thank God for ear-buds and hard liquor. :love:

trevier 11-27-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rmarsh (Post 1180476)
Been clearing my 250' of driveway of snow for 42 years....including blizzard of '78. Had a Toro... forgot which model...a beast...that thing threw snow further and faster than anything.....should have fixed it when it needed repairs. Got a newer one.. different brand...no comparison.

they don't make em like they used to that's for sure.

nightfighter 11-27-2019 08:26 PM

definite candidate

https://providence.craigslist.org/gr...024629420.html

zimmy 11-27-2019 10:11 PM

That older ariens would be a good machine. Those motors are solid. I have a newer ariens and it got a new head in a year. Probably a fluke, but in many ways they don't make them like they used to. New ones have more features and better handling.

redlite 11-28-2019 01:20 AM

That is a GREAT machine and a good price. I sold mine like that 3 yrs ago and upgraded to a more modern Ariens. The old machine r made better and beefier esp with the cast iron gear boxes as opposed to the alloy ones but I will say my current machine ( which I have only used a few times-plow on truck / no snow). The newer machine Does throw snow better and easier to operate than older models even tho it has a smaller cc engine than old one.
My driveway is a private drive that is a car and a half wide, 365 ft long with a circle and 2 car garage. With 6+ inches still took me an exhausting 3 hrs of struggling with machine to clear. I still prefer a blownjob over a plow job as U can throw the snow in your neighbors yard and not worry about your driveway getting narrower and narrower from plowing if we get a snowy winter
At Westport ace today I saw ariens 30" 15 hrsp deluxe model for $1600.
To have someone plow your driveway while U stood in your window in your man thong drinkin a hot coffee would cost u a lot less in time and money than buyin the right machine and doin it yourself
No matter what get as big a machine as u r willing to afford

redlite 12-03-2019 11:53 AM

Hope u got a snowblower

spence 12-03-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlite (Post 1180950)
Hope u got a snowblower

Ha, I did and it's big. Supposed to be delivered this Thursday :fishslap: