Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Wood Stove (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97767)

Got Stripers 11-12-2021 08:29 AM

Wood Stove
 
Well the Vermont Castings Encore has finally reached it's last season. Ten years of burning has warped and eroded the cast iron the slow burn damper closes against, such that ever fire burns to quick and two hot. On a chance we could get repair, we popped into where we bought in 2010 and they no longer deal with the company and we were lucky that one of the two Jotul F500 stoves they ordered in April and just came in last week was still available, so we locked it in. Not looking forward to shelling out the money, but it we love our wood stove fires and it will be nice to get a new more efficient and 2020 code compliant stove installed.

piemma 11-12-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1217661)
Well the Vermont Castings Encore has finally reached it's last season. Ten years of burning has warped and eroded the cast iron the slow burn damper closes against, such that ever fire burns to quick and two hot. On a chance we could get repair, we popped into where we bought in 2010 and they no longer deal with the company and we were lucky that one of the two Jotul F500 stoves they ordered in April and just came in last week was still available, so we locked it in. Not looking forward tcfl[kplesgfvo shelling out the money, but it we love our wood stove fires and it will be nice to get a new more efficient and 2020 code compliant stove installed.

Interesting. We have the same stove with the same amount of years. No issues....yet.

Got Stripers 11-12-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1217692)
Interesting. We have the same stove with the same amount of years. No issues....yet.

Could be that we might burn hotter and don't usually bank it up to burn slow overnight, but decided I didn't want to burn through wood at that pace, much better to load it up and shut it down without having to feed it all night while you enjoy it.

piemma 11-13-2021 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1217693)
Could be that we might burn hotter and don't usually bank it up to burn slow overnight, but decided I didn't want to burn through wood at that pace, much better to load it up and shut it down without having to feed it all night while you enjoy it.

Agreed. Franklin Fireplace still sells Vermont Castings Encore stoves.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com