Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   ocasio-cortez, the mensa candidate from queens (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94039)

Jim in CT 08-11-2018 07:07 AM

ocasio-cortez, the mensa candidate from queens

so ben shapiro, who is absolutely harmless, asked her to debate him, and offered to do it to raise money for charity. she couldn’t just politely decline like a normal person, because she’s not a normal person. she had to demean him, comparing his request to catcalling. right, right, he’s a sexist who was objectifying her.

they never get tired of demonizing the other side, or of playing the victim card. if she’s the future of the party, as the DNC has said, i can retire from political advocacy and take up stamp collecting, because that party is done.

she’s an absolute moron, as dumb as a sack of rocks, and on top of that, she’s a jerk who had to attack someone who by all accounts, appears to be a decent fellow, just happens to be a conservative.

Jim in CT 08-11-2018 08:08 AM

"Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs".

Soon, the person who proudly uttered that nonsense, will be writing federal laws.

JohnR 08-11-2018 08:32 AM

I dunno.

She Guevara is pretty hot :walk: so if we are going to slowly republicide into the depths of communism let's have a hot barista from Queens do it.

zimmy 08-11-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1148666)
she’s an absolute moron, as dumb as a sack of rocks

You seem to spend way too much time thinking about her. You haven't read your Bible lately, either.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence 08-11-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1148674)
You seem to spend way too much time thinking about her. You haven't read your Bible lately, either.

Jim is terrified by strong women obviously. The cat call retort was perfect by the way.

JohnR 08-11-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1148676)
Jim is terrified by strong women obviously. The cat call retort was perfect by the way.

Yes - he is terrified, smart, honest wimin won't get the job

Condoleezza 2020

spence 08-11-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1148678)
Condoleezza 2020

Not sure she wants the job.

JohnR 08-11-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1148680)
Not sure she wants the job.

Yes - we won't get the leader we need, we'll get the one we deserve

scottw 08-11-2018 09:02 AM

I hope She Guevara runs for president, wins..and then does the topless walk out of the water at the beach like Obama....should send the approval ratings through the roof!

zimmy 08-11-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1148684)
I hope She Guevara runs for president, wins..and then does the topless walk out of the water at the beach like Obama....should send the approval ratings through the roof!

Hey! We agree on something!

scottw 08-11-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1148695)
Hey! We agree on something!

heh..heh...I knew I liked you! :buds:

Jim in CT 08-11-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1148676)

asking someone to explain their beliefs, is harassment?

Jim in CT 08-11-2018 06:56 PM

and it’s possible to mock someone, without being afraid of them. condaleeza rice has no interest in the job unfortunately. maybe nikki haley, not afraid of her i don’t think.

Jim in CT 08-31-2018 11:18 AM

So this genius is going on and on and on about how evil Uber is. Then someone checked, and she has spent thousands of campaign dollars on...wait for it...Uber.

DZ 08-31-2018 12:03 PM

Her idol growing up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV4N2dk0cMk

Pete F. 08-31-2018 02:15 PM

Kind of like saying you’re bringing back coal and then using fuel oil

Jim in CT 08-31-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150022)
Kind of like saying you’re bringing back coal and then using fuel oil

That went over my head...is she a hypocrite, yes or no?

She blamed Uber for cabbie suicides. But she uses it?

wdmso 08-31-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150024)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...shaken-n879281

she didn't blame them she complained about there business model

financial ruin due to the unregulated expansion of Uber..

her campaign spent around $4,000 on 160 Uber rides in California

conservatives used to call that supporting local small business or freedom of choice

But they spend more time calling her out while the POTUS lie lie lie and more lies and they remain silent

Jim in CT 08-31-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1150026)
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...shaken-n879281

she didn't blame them she complained about there business model

her campaign spent around $4,000 on 160 Uber rides in California

conservatives used to call that supporting local small business or freedom of choice

But they spend more time calling her out while the POTUS lie lie lie and more lies and they remain silent

"she didn't blame them "

From the below link...

"NYC’s fourth driver suicide. Yellow cab drivers are in financial ruin due to the unregulated expansion of Uber"

http://americanlookout.com/ocasio-co...sands-on-uber/

"her campaign spent around $4,000 on 160 Uber rides in California

conservatives used to call that supporting local small business or freedom of choice "

They are only calling her out, because she is going out of her way to say how bad Uber is. If it's so unethical, why does she give them so much money? You missed the entire point. Nothing wrong with riding uber, but if she's such a regular customer, why attack them publicly?

It's a lot like Al Gore lecturing us t reduce our environmental footprint, while he has mansions and private jets. That's liberalism, it's never about what they should do, always about what we should do.

If uber came out with a better way of doing business than cab companies, are they supposed to sit on their idea? Progress is supposed to stop, unless it does no harm to people who vote for democrats?

"But they spend more time calling her out while the POTUS lie lie lie and more lies and they remain silent"

Who is the "they" that is silent? I can make a long list of very influential conservatives who despise Trump's style. You keep claiming that Trump gets a pass, the facts don't seem to support that.

Pete F. 08-31-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150024)

She’s a politician
Do they have medallion cabs on the west coast where this occurred, I assume none of the cab drivers out there were her constituents
Maybe she’ll tweet something and distract the dialogue

detbuch 08-31-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150039)
She’s a politician

But you and wdmso woudn't criticize her tweet. Maybe because for you guys her chit don't stink.

Jim in CT 08-31-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150039)
She’s a politician
Do they have medallion cabs on the west coast where this occurred, I assume none of the cab drivers out there were her constituents

Ah, I see. So when Republicans behave like reptiles, you call them out on it. When democrats do it, you dismiss it as politicians just being politicians. Do i have that about right?

Do most politicians believe unemployment only gets low because we all work multiple jobs?

Jim in CT 08-31-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1150015)

Great flick. Me thinks she took it seriously, no one told her it was a comedy. Maybe someone read her the pop-up book version of the movie.

Pete F. 09-01-2018 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150048)
Ah, I see. So when Republicans behave like reptiles, you call them out on it. When democrats do it, you dismiss it as politicians just being politicians. Do i have that about right?

Do most politicians believe unemployment only gets low because we all work multiple jobs?

Want to pick stupid statements politicians make
“Now, the audience was the biggest ever. But this crowd was massive. Look how far back it goes. This crowd was massive.”
“We got 306 because people came out and voted like they've never seen before so that's the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan.”
“No, I don't benefit. I don't benefit. In fact, very very strongly, as you see, I think there's very little benefit for people of wealth.”

Pete F. 09-01-2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150048)

I don’t think her speech is reptilian incorrect yes
This is reptilian
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

scottw 09-01-2018 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150054)
This is reptilian
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

you know he was quoting from the Clinton/Kennedy GUIDE TO PICKING UP CHICKS... right?

Pete F. 09-01-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1150056)
you know he was quoting from the Clinton/Kennedy GUIDE TO PICKING UP CHICKS... right?

You’re wrong, Trump actually got his pickup training from the Butabi brothers

detbuch 09-01-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150060)
You’re wrong, Trump actually got his pickup training from the Butabi brothers

I agree. Clinton was too reptilian to be a model to emulate. The Butabi brothers were sort of likeable amateur pick up bumblers who learned that success and wealth, rather than brutal political power, were the nicer more mutually agreeable ticket to getting chicks.

scottw 09-01-2018 10:31 AM

I can't say for sure but I don't think any of Trump's women were killed or needed ice packs.....

some may have gotten a pile of money though....