Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trump is assembling the richest administration (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=91606)

scottw 12-22-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1114038)

I think that was right after his 2 kids where caught trying to sell access to him for up to $1,000,000.

Edit - I should make it clear the $ was for a charity.

pretty sure none of the Lincoln Bedroom money went to charity

PaulS 12-22-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1114051)
pretty sure none of the Lincoln Bedroom money went to charity

Well who got it?

The Clinton's didn't keep it.

PaulS 12-22-2016 11:08 AM

I wonder if everyone knows there is a difference bt a charter school and the voucher program Choo is in favor of.

Jim in CT 12-22-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1114056)
I wonder if everyone knows there is a difference bt a charter school and the voucher program Choo is in favor of.

That's a great point.

I still don't see why (unless you are a public schoolteacher, and also very self-centered and very greedy), why you'd oppose school choice in any form - charter schools, vouchers for private schools, whatever...almost anything, is necessarily better than sending a well-meaning kid, to a failing urban school.

I grew up in a crappy city that had a very, very rough public high school. My parents broke their backs to send me and my 4 brothers, to a Catholic high school. It was an awesome school. I cannot imagine how much easier life would have been for us, if we were allowed to use vouchers to offset some of the cost. Today, there are a lot of families out there like we were.

PaulS 12-22-2016 11:31 AM

I don't mind the public charter schools but disagree with vouchers. I think some of the success w/charter schools (and I have read articles saying they have success and some saying they don't) is they can accept the people who are more involved w/their children's education. As everyone prob. agrees, the more involved the parent is, the more likely the child will be successful. Some parents either don't care or don't have the where with all to raise their kids where they can succeed.

Jim in CT 12-22-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1114058)
I don't mind the public charter schools but disagree with vouchers. I think some of the success w/charter schools (and I have read articles saying they have success and some saying they don't) is they can accept the people who are more involved w/their children's education. As everyone prob. agrees, the more involved the parent is, the more likely the child will be successful. Some parents either don't care or don't have the where with all to raise their kids where they can succeed.

"the more involved the parent is, the more likely the child will be successful"

Exactly correct. Well said.

"disagree with vouchers"

How come?

In the city of Hartford, they spend almost 20k per year, per pupil, and the schools are war zones. If instead, the town pays 12k to send a few promising students to a quality private school, that means the town saves money, and the kid gets a much better education.

You have me curious as to your opposition.

detbuch 12-23-2016 01:39 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7pQdqPzozc

wdmso 12-23-2016 05:50 AM

Mythologies .. I would say so... . he did make some valid points

then just played to his like minded audience .. not so special .

detbuch 12-23-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1114115)
Mythologies .. I would say so... . he did make some valid points

then just played to his like minded audience .. not so special .

I like the valid points part.