Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Boat Fishing & Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Blow up (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96632)

Guppy 06-26-2020 06:41 AM

Blow up

So we’re haddock fishin and brought the tuna gear just in case some truth to BFT rumors...
Within casting distance a refrigerator falls out of the sky,,, then a whole bunch,,, blow up,,, Chinese fire drill trying to get a shot off, Wayne gets one good shot just as it died...

Couple more but too quick to get to them,,, we didn’t kill it on the haddock but had a super outing......

Dumb ass me has the rod onboard with no lure attached...... that won’t happen again.... LOL

Sea Dangles 06-26-2020 06:52 AM

Ooh baby!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 06-26-2020 08:07 AM

Was definitely exciting.. a Tuna ambush but they ambushed us :btu:

PS Chris just want to say thanks for the Invite. I was disappointed that I couldn't make it .again thanks for Asking Wayne

Sea Dangles 06-26-2020 08:14 AM

����

SolOmoN 06-26-2020 08:15 AM

:whackin:

At least you saw them.... better than anything I have done
sol...

nightfighter 06-26-2020 09:22 AM

That is a hell of a much better report than I had been expecting.... Thought you might have blown up your powerplant.

Guppy 06-26-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1195863)
That is a hell of a much better report than I had been expecting.... Thought you might have blown up your powerplant.

Bight your tongue,,,,

piemma 06-27-2020 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1195853)
So we’re haddock fishin and brought the tuna gear just in case some truth to BFT rumors...
Within casting distance a refrigerator falls out of the sky,,, then a whole bunch,,, blow up,,, Chinese fire drill trying to get a shot off, Wayne gets one good shot just as it died...

Couple more but too quick to get to them,,, we didn’t kill it on the haddock but had a super outing......

Dumb ass me has the rod onboard with no lure attached...... that won’t happen again.... LOL

Scared the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of me when I saw the title.

Rockfish9 06-28-2020 07:18 AM

They definitely can make your blood pressure rise... I was anchored in 30 feet of water flounder fishing yesterday floating a pogie chunk.for bass...they came through smashing pogies, 200' off the beach,my Penn lever drag with 50lb braid was empty before I could blink..

Guppy 06-28-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockfish9 (Post 1195941)
They definitely can make your blood pressure rise... I was anchored in 30 feet of water flounder fishing yesterday floating a pogie chunk.for bass...they came through smashing pogies, 200' off the beach,my Penn lever drag with 50lb braid was empty before I could blink..

Wow

beamie 06-29-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

I can't think of a more exciting way to loose all the line off a spool........better than a sailboat keel cutting behind you while trolling

Rockfish9 06-30-2020 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamie (Post 1195976)
I can't think of a more exciting way to loose all the line off a spool........better than a sailboat keel cutting behind you while trolling

Agree..when I used to fish the inshore ledges for bass it used to happen fairly often,that was a first that close to the beach, we e got massive schools of pogies and sand eels tight to the beach, alot of different predators patrolling the shore line.

nightfighter 06-30-2020 05:46 AM

Quote:

It has been many moons since I experienced a similar exciting, if expensive, thirty seconds....

Rockfish9 07-04-2020 08:21 PM

I was hauling pots this morning,as I was rebaitng, a massive school of pogies came under the boat, just meandering just under the surface, as I stood there just watching them go bye, all hell broke loose, pogies came shooting out of the water, tuna smashed the frightened bait, before I could gather my nerves, the water erupted again as a huge school of medium bass drove the bait airborne, the attack lasted all of five minutes, when it was over there were enough stuned, dead and dyeing pogies on the surface to give me bug bait for a month..pretty cool sight..

Sea Dangles 07-04-2020 09:58 PM

Awesome

Guppy 07-05-2020 02:41 AM

Wow,,,, gl with the bugs, headed there right now.....