Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Echo 330T 16" Chain Saw (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94442)

Got Stripers 11-15-2018 08:09 AM

Echo 330T 16" Chain Saw

2 Attachment(s)
I've used this saw for 7 years and have loved it, so when the clutch and bearing went, I asked my small engine guy to check to see if it was worth repairing. I cautioned him that I can pick up a new one for $300, so I didn't want to invest too much. Long story short after $150 (parts & Labor) and a couple days of running it, I just felt it wasn't running well. Brought it back to him only to learn the carb is now in need of replacing, which for me was not worth it since I was already out the parts. He was kind enough to refund the labor, but I'd like to recoup some of the parts pricing and this might be well worth it for someone to invest in the new carb, but not me.

I just bought a new Echo today and went up to an 18", so I'm putting this one up for sale. Any interested, I'm probably going to put it on Crags list for $50, it starts easy and runs but not like new? Pick up in Plymouth Ma or meet close.

piemma 11-15-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1155422)
I've used this saw for 7 years and have loved it, so when the clutch and bearing went, I asked my small engine guy to check to see if it was worth repairing. I cautioned him that I can pick up a new one for $300, so I didn't want to invest too much. Long story short after $150 (parts & Labor) and a couple days of running it, I just felt it wasn't running well. Brought it back to him only to learn the carb is now in need of replacing, which for me was not worth it since I was already out the parts. He was kind enough to refund the labor, but I'd like to recoup some of the parts pricing and this might be well worth it for someone to invest in the new carb, but not me.

I just bought a new Echo today and went up to an 18", so I'm putting this one up for sale. Any interested, I'm probably going to put it on Crags list for $50, it starts easy and runs but not like new? Pick up in Plymouth Ma or meet close.

Guys, this is an awesome price and a good saw. Got Stripers offered it to me but I have nothing but Stihls so it doesn't make since to bring in another brand. All my bars, chains, etc are interchangeable. Someone should jump on this!

Pete F. 11-15-2018 02:55 PM

Good deal, if you're handy you can likely buy an new carb on ebay for cheap.
The one for my Husky was less than $20.

Got Stripers 11-15-2018 03:45 PM

Yup I’m not looking for much, just want to recover most of my parts money, someone handy will have a nice yard or climbing saw.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Got Stripers 11-16-2018 04:56 PM

Boy I had a bidding war and cash in hand an hour after putting on the facebook marketplace, should have asked for more I guess.

piemma 11-24-2018 08:46 AM

I bet you did! It's a great price.