Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   101 years old today! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97230)

Rmarsh 01-29-2021 07:37 AM

101 years old today!

Going to visit my MIL today on her 101st birthday! Visit will be limited to seeing her from through a window at the nursing home. She lived with my wife and I for as long as we could adequately care for her. Im not the perfect son-in law but it is touching when I see her eyes light up when she sees me.
Born in Texas..... one of twelve children......most of her brothers were cowboys.

Guppy 01-29-2021 07:57 AM

Happy Birthday 🎉

Although no hugs I’m sure it will make her day to see you and yours...

piemma 02-10-2021 04:27 AM

Great seeing someone that old and still in good health.

Hookedagain 02-10-2021 07:46 AM

HBD! Its nice to have her light up when she sees you. I'd love to hear the stories she could tell. 101 is incredible for sure.

PaulS 02-10-2021 08:06 AM

Nice, HBD. Think of the changes she has seen in her lifetime.

Rmarsh 02-10-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookedagain (Post 1209181)
HBD! Its nice to have her light up when she sees you. I'd love to hear the stories she could tell. 101 is incredible for sure.

Both of my wifes parents moved in with us when they were mid eighties.....father in laws health was declining and mother was wheelchair bound. I know she appreciates all times I answered her calls in the middle of the night....meals I prepared for her...and how I have treated her daughter over the last fifty tears.

True about the stories.......there's one in particular about my father-in law trying to meet up with her in Salt lake city before being shipped out to fight in the pacific....27 bombing missions!

Hookedagain 02-10-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rmarsh (Post 1209185)
Both of my wifes parents moved in with us when they were mid eighties.....father in laws health was declining and mother was wheelchair bound. I know she appreciates all times I answered her calls in the middle of the night....meals I prepared for her...and how I have treated her daughter over the last fifty tears.

True about the stories.......there's one in particular about my father-in law trying to meet up with her in Salt lake city before being shipped out to fight in the pacific....27 bombing missions!

Remarkable stuff right there. Good memories. It takes a special person to take on the task of taking care of an elderly parent. My mom os with my sister but doesn't get the best care and my mother can't stand my brother in law. He doesn't lift a finger for her. I was I could take her here with us.

Rmarsh 02-10-2021 03:18 PM

I didn't do that much...just nighttime watch....im a light sleeper....I would welcome her back....her room here in my house hasn't changed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Mike P 02-10-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1209184)
Nice, HBD. Think of the changes she has seen in her lifetime.

I think I'm old because I was born when Eisenhower was President. This woman was born during Woodrow Wilson's last year in office.

Rmarsh 07-08-2021 05:56 AM

Sadly...my mother in law passed away recently at 101 years of age.......we stayed by her bedside with her in the hospital until her last breath.
Incredibly strong woman. Happy for her that she never had dementia....and that she was able to have a personal relationship with all of her grandchildren. What she loved...talking with each of them and encouraging all of them to do whats right.
Rest in Peace my dear Francis.

Guppy 07-08-2021 04:25 PM

Sorry for your family's loss Bob…
Sounds like she deserved all the great care given by your family….

Rmarsh 07-11-2021 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1212045)
Sorry for your family's loss Bob…
Sounds like she deserved all the great care given by your family….

It was an honor to be one of her caregivers.

No sign of senility at all...very aware of everything.....she knew what nights I went fishing....and would always ask if I caught anything.....disappointed when I said "yes but they all went back"

Nebe 07-11-2021 07:09 AM

So sorry for your loss. 101 is a gooood run !

Rmarsh 07-11-2021 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1212093)
So sorry for your loss. 101 is a gooood run !

Thank you.....I also lost my own Mom this past year......93 years old. Couldnt visit during covid except for knocking on her window at the nursing home....wife says we're both orphans now.

Nebe 07-11-2021 07:50 AM

You are the elder now, not an orphan. There’s a huge difference.

Rmarsh 07-11-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1212096)
You are the elder now, not an orphan. There’s a huge difference.

🥲

wdmso 07-11-2021 09:09 AM

sorry for your loss , But I want to thank you for posting Your story,

it has reminded me of my grandmother who I haven't thought of in a while Who I was lucky enough to experience Her Live thru her stories of growing up and How She witness all the technology changes. in Her Life She also sharp as a knife up to the end She was 106

JohnR 07-11-2021 09:17 AM

101 is a great run, sounds like you and the bride did great supporting her as long as you did.

Godspeed for your mother in law.

Slipknot 07-12-2021 09:19 AM

Very sorry to hear that Bob, condolences to you and your families.