Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ghost peppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=83303)

keeperreaper 08-16-2013 04:53 AM

Ghost peppers

Anyone ever eat one? I grew a few plants this year and tried one with my neighbor. They definitely lived up to their reputation as one of the worlds hottest peppers. I couldn't feel my tongue lips and throat for over an hour. The heat and pain was unreal. I won't do it again that's for sure.

iamskippy 08-16-2013 05:09 AM

My girl loves em on her gen tao chicken, i would love to get my hands on some but they are $$, where did you get the seeds?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

keeperreaper 08-16-2013 06:48 AM

Pepperjoes

fishbones 08-16-2013 10:04 AM

Westportmafia crushes them up and makes a balm out of them to rub on his hemorrhoids.

Higgie 08-16-2013 10:08 AM

Stick a few in some Espelon tequila and let it soak for a good month. A good friend of mine does this and although intense it is delicious

Rockport24 08-16-2013 11:06 AM

I like spicy food but I had a ghost pepper hot sauce once and it's like you described.... just painful!! Wouldn't do that again!

Swimmer 08-16-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 1010075)
Westportmafia crushes them up and makes a balm out of them to rub on his hemorrhoids.

tOO gd FUNNY:nopics:

JohnnySaxatilis 08-16-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

LOL

Jackbass 08-16-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

That is intense.

striperman36 08-16-2013 08:34 PM

they use them on my takeout from Chen Du, the also send along extra in soy, if I ain't sweatin it's no good.
I actually went in to meet them and eat Kung Pao there because they didn't believe I actually eat what they send us, except for the one time someone on Fruit St got my order

Jenn 08-16-2013 08:54 PM

Actually believe it or not a lot of good reads out there on hot peppers and digestive health. Which include eating cayenne to help heal hemerrhoids among other issues. Pretty interesting.

ghost peppers though....good lord. Just recently had some salsa made with them and I swear my entire face was on fire. Bad, bad, bad.....

striperman36 08-16-2013 08:57 PM

ah, just liberally wash your hands after eating. Don't touch anything if you've touched them the oil will be there when you get back. Just sayin

Raven 08-17-2013 04:49 AM

jalapeno's were hot enough for me.....
Cayenne pepper powder is the absolute best
way to improve your circulation period.

Saltheart 08-17-2013 09:15 PM

Slice the pepper then slice the meat with the same knife then slice the pepper then sluice the meat , etc. Then throw away the sliced pepper and cook the meat. Plenty of heat in the meat just from what hot gets transferred to the blade and then from the blade to the meat. :)

WESTPORTMAFIA 08-17-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltheart (Post 1010237)
Slice the pepper then slice the meat with the same knife then slice the pepper then sluice the meat , etc. Then throw away the sliced pepper and cook the meat. Plenty of heat in the meat just from what hot gets transferred to the blade and then from the blade to the meat. :)

You said meat way too many times!

Redsoxticket 08-17-2013 10:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZstObB4RVsQ&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYF9bImkOL4&sns=em

Raven 08-18-2013 05:53 AM

i prefer using Mongolian fire oil....

especially good when making butterflied jumbo shrimp

with a hearty sprinkle of black pepper

this is my go to remedy
when i feel the flu starting... that "I'm radio active sensation"
before you loose your appetite it'll cut your symptoms in HALF
by the next morning

basswipe 08-18-2013 08:07 AM

Yes.

I unfortunately have an obsession with hurting myself with peppers/sauces.Trust me when I say this:it hurts much more coming out as it did going in.

I can't even feel sauces like Tabasco.Melinda's Naga Jolokia or Red Savina sauces are my everyday hot sauce,they have no seeds so are do-able.And they actually are quite tasty if you can deal with the burn.

If you're looking for true pain try Blair's Ultra Death.I did once.

HighTide 08-20-2013 01:21 PM

Has anyone been to Hell Night at the East Coast Grille? Their Pasta from Hell is made with the ghost pepper and you have to get a plate of it for everyone at the table to enjoy.