Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Boat Fishing & Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   North wind (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96598)

wdmso 06-14-2020 02:34 PM

North wind

2 Attachment(s)
went out not expecting much with a North wind.. i got a lights out morning instead breaking bass all around me .lost a monster managed 1 keeper and 3 in 38 in range.. out at 5 am back in the driveway 730am

Had one smash a bone spook and nearly pulled to rod out of the boat that i had laid down while moving something..else:jester:

Had plenty of boats in the same area not sure how they missed seeing what i was in the middle of .. had one guy watching me while they were breaking on his port side . He just waved and left.. ?? PS are ray and I the only people fishing?

Guppy 06-15-2020 05:04 AM

Geeesh ! You’re killing it,,, nice work Wayne

Sea Dangles 06-15-2020 08:03 AM

I set out early yesterday to go down to the dump and troll up some tunas. I gets below the islands and the wind had just enough E mixed in to make it squishy. Pulled the plug about 25 miles out as I made a vow years ago to not fish down there with any East wind while it’s blowing pretty good. I must be wicked smart now because I listened to myself.
Back to the dock by 630. Switched gear for a day of fluking. The beer was still cold.

Ian 06-15-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1195228)
I set out early yesterday to go down to the dump and troll up some tunas. I gets below the islands and the wind had just enough E mixed in to make it squishy. Pulled the plug about 25 miles out as I made a vow years ago to not fish down there with any East wind while it’s blowing pretty good. I must be wicked smart now because I listened to myself.
Back to the dock by 630. Switched gear for a day of fluking. The beer was still cold.

Got the same surprise when I got to the dock yesterday. It was more than “some” East in Stonington, put a bit of a damper on an otherwise gorgeous day
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 06-18-2020 06:28 AM

Went out last night wasn't the North wind was Sw forecast was for 5 Knts was all of a solid 12 to 15 .. the bay was full of sail boats. Seems I need their forecasts they knew.

JFigliuolo 06-18-2020 06:51 AM

1. Sailflow is GENERALLY pretty accurate (I find Quonset Airport location the best for the overall bay (and oceanfront actually).
2. When the prevailing wind is S, SW, and it's a nice sunny day, the SW is going to be honking in the late afternoon and evening. I've been burned more than a few times afterwork when the forecast was 5-10 S/SW. So much so, that I PLAN on it being 15+ and choose my areas appropriately.