Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Kayak accessories (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=63025)

striperman36 03-29-2010 10:11 AM

Kayak accessories

Now that I have a kayak, wife was able to get all 3 of us leftovers from LLBean for like 80 pct off.
Where do people go for accessories?

I now own a Old Towne Dirigio 140. So I am looking for Scott, plug in Rod Holders,
Anchor and equipment to attach at the stern.
Spray or work cover for the cockpit, for flyfishing.
wheels for movement to and from the transport to the water.
Want a nice light weight paddle, as I won't be able to get the bassyak set up till next year.

Any recommended stuff? I have waterproof cell, family band radios, etc, spray jacket.

I already have the Thule setup for travel, I can carry 4 yaks. if I can lift them.

Rockport24 03-29-2010 11:49 AM

I would check out places like REI, Kittery Trading Post, New England Small Craft, or any kayak dealers down in your neck of the woods.

there are some good online stores too

fishbones 03-29-2010 11:51 AM

Check out Bass Pro. I remember seeing the anchor packages there and they have lots of paddles. They probably have the flush mount rod holders as well. You should look into a dry bag and paddle leash, too.

JohnnyD 03-29-2010 12:49 PM

I used to go to Kayakfishingstuff.com for my kayak accessories. But now, it's just a great resource of information. Head over there and do a search for anchor trolleys.

Also, building a kayak cart yourself out of PVC can be done for less than $30 if you have wheels. Retail, they start around $75 I think.

Backbeach Jake 03-29-2010 06:56 PM

After the obligatory milk crate w/rod holders and leashes I added paddle clips so I'd have a spot to put the paddle when I was using the rod. And Grab handles which a week after I installed they proved to be a real life saver when I flipped my yak. I was able to get back on with no problem. Other wise I'd still be trying to find a handhold .

striperman36 03-29-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake (Post 758230)
After the obligatory milk crate w/rod holders and leashes I added paddle clips so I'd have a spot to put the paddle when I was using the rod. And Grab handles which a week after I installed they proved to be a real life saver when I flipped my yak. I was able to get back on with no problem. Other wise I'd still be trying to find a handhold .

good choice hand holds

fishbones 03-29-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake (Post 758230)

Where did you get paddle clips, or did you make them? I'm looking for something to hold my paddle while drifting and casting.

kenny 03-29-2010 07:53 PM

Today in the mail i got a West Marine fishing cataloge and there quite a few accessories on page 107

Backbeach Jake 03-29-2010 07:56 PM

I've been buying my kayaking stuff from Hook1. They're good people have fast delivery and a nice selection of gear.
kayakfishinggear.com

Rockport24 03-30-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 758234)
Where did you get paddle clips, or did you make them? I'm looking for something to hold my paddle while drifting and casting.

hook 1 should have those too, but for the first year, I thought it was crazy to pay for them, so I just used rope and it got the job done!

fishbones 03-30-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockport24 (Post 758386)
hook 1 should have those too, but for the first year, I thought it was crazy to pay for them, so I just used rope and it got the job done!

Thanks, I'm gonna check them out.

BigFish 03-30-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenny (Post 758255)
Today in the mail i got a West Marine fishing cataloge and there quite a few accessories on page 107

Kenny??:confused: Is that really you??? Kenny is it true???? You posted??!!:rotf2::kewl::rotflmao:

kenny 03-30-2010 06:37 PM

yes Larry it's me and I have gone to the dark side I bought a kayak
and will use the Parker as the mother ship. hope all is well