Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Kayak Buying Advice (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=57410)

BigFish 05-28-2009 05:32 PM

Kayak Buying Advice

Curious....I am about to buy a new kayak and was wondering if a dealer has room to move on price?? Much like buying a car??? Got a price of $2,400.00 on a new Hobie Pro Angler and was told $400.00 was shipping fees???? Should I see if I can get them to drop the price??? Advice appreciated!

eastendlu 05-28-2009 06:29 PM

I think you can get them cheaper Larry.Their is a guy on the other forum that sells kayaks his nick is Barrell talk to him he will give you the best advice he is a real good guy no bs.

leo33 05-28-2009 07:01 PM

there is a shop in Weymouth that sells Hobie's.check them out.

BigFish 05-28-2009 07:59 PM

Thats where I went. They want a wee bit too much dough I think?

Rockport24 05-28-2009 09:29 PM

I have no idea about the prices of hobies (I just know they are the most expensive fishing yaks)

BUT in this economy, I can't imagine a lot of guys are willing to drop $2K on a yak, so tell them you'll walk unless they take off the 400 and see what happens.... it's allllll a buyers market at this point.

I've heard good things about the pro angler, you should be able to do just about anything with that thing, as long as you can lift it into the truck! although knowing your size, you should be ok.

we gotta get an S-B yak get together happening, especially if BIGFISH is in on it!

BigBo 05-28-2009 10:33 PM

Give New England Small Craft in Rowley a call. See what they can give you for a price.
http://www.nesmallcraft.com/
I checked KFS and their listed price is $2199.00 with $158 shipping fees.
I wanna yak with Larry. :uhuh: Wait. Somehow that doesn't sound right. :hidin:

BigFish 05-29-2009 07:14 AM

Was online last night...best price I see is as you said Bob...$2,199.00 plus $79.00 shipping. I will present the price to the m and see if they bite...if not....I will have one shipped!:kewl: I am looking forward to Yakking with others!

Rockport24 06-01-2009 12:40 PM

did you pull the trigger yet Larry?

I was up at NE small craft this weekend, nice guys in there and they had a few of the pro anglers ready to roll

BigFish 06-02-2009 08:21 AM

Almost...waiting on some money to show up....but shortly!:bgi:

reelecstasy 06-02-2009 12:12 PM

Let me know when you are set to go BF, I figure I wont even have to paddle I can just surf your wake in my yak:hidin:

BigFish 06-02-2009 12:16 PM

I can tow you with the Mirage Drive!:rotflmao:

surfflyfish 06-05-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 690718)
Curious....I am about to buy a new kayak and was wondering if a dealer has room to move on price?? Much like buying a car??? Got a price of $2,400.00 on a new Hobie Pro Angler and was told $400.00 was shipping fees???? Should I see if I can get them to drop the price??? Advice appreciated!

who did you get it from? where are you from.
i bought an outback and i love it. was going to buy the angler first but i know it'll be a hasstle to deal with.138lbs to move around everytime i go fishing.i had a very bad experience with a Hobie dealer.
The kayak had a bad razor blade cut about 4 ft long and i went thru hell to get my money back.Inspect the boat front to back and don't hessitate to tell them I'M NOT TAKING IT if there's any flaws because once you take it out of the gate is on you.
i went to Collinsville Canoe and kayak in Collinsville CT.and the service there is incredible.and they have all the accesories and they have every hobie model in stock in every color.
let me know if you need some help in finding it and i'll bring you there.
Dave