Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Ipswich middle school cancels "Honors Night" (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=81570)

Jim in CT 03-21-2013 10:51 AM

Ipswich middle school cancels "Honors Night"

More liberal, cowardly, politically correct bullsh*t. God forbid we give recognition to those that succeed because of hard work. Let's just give everyone an A+, call everyone the valedictorian, allow everyone guaranteed acceptance to Harvard Medical School, and call it a day.

While we're at it, let's pass a law that states that barbells have to be hollowed out, so that everyone can be able to bench press 300 pounds. That's no less stupid than what we are doing here.

People who work hard and make all of the responsible choices, are constantly being asked to make concessions to those who, in many cases, want the rewards without having to break a sweat.

We are removing incentives to excel. The results are inevitable.

Massachusetts principal calls off Honors Night because it could be 'devastating' to students who missed mark | Fox News

RIJIMMY 03-21-2013 11:18 AM

I cant even reply

Nebe 03-21-2013 12:08 PM

WTF is wrong with people??

Sea Dangles 03-21-2013 12:23 PM

Tonight I will be attending my daughters National Junior Honor Society induction. If this were cancelled it would not diminish her accomplishments but I would be disappointed. Democrats suck.

The Dad Fisherman 03-21-2013 12:25 PM

We'll have to see if he still has a job come the new school year....its not exactly touchy-feely central up here.....Now if this was Cambridge?

Jim in CT 03-21-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 990504)
Tonight I will be attending my daughters National Junior Honor Society induction. If this were cancelled it would not diminish her accomplishments but I would be disappointed. Democrats suck.

Congratulations to you and to your daughter!

Jackbass 03-21-2013 02:28 PM

Someone in that town Needs to Honor those kids. That is such a BS move It's ridiculous.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIJIMMY 03-21-2013 02:39 PM

my daughter is in 5th grade. For all kids that have all As, they have a celebration breakfast, a party at a local arcade and give out bumper stickers. I bet lots of 10 yr olds feel left out but hopefully they learn the lesson that they will be left out in life if they dont perform.

The Dad Fisherman 03-21-2013 02:49 PM

They do that at My Daughters High School for everybody that makes honor roll, names go in the paper and then at the end of the School year they have a Breakfast and awards presentation for all the kids that made it during the year. Not everybody gets to go.

When my son made National honor society and Tri-M they had ceremonies for that as well at the school.

JohnnyD 03-22-2013 09:47 AM

We are turning into a country that won't allow the celebration of accomplishments because it makes those who underachieve "feel bad".

It's upsetting, depressing and every day I question more and more if I really want to bring a child into this eroding society. This country is getting more and more $(*&ed up every day.

Typhoon 03-22-2013 12:01 PM

When I was kid my parents rubbed my nose in it.

"why are your friends on the honor roll"

RIJIMMY 03-22-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typhoon (Post 990665)

that was because they love you and wanted you to succeed. today, many parents believe love is demonstated by bringing others down to their kids level

Bronko 03-22-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typhoon (Post 990665)

Exactly Typhoon. Worst part is, when I finally made the honor role they said I was capable of it all along, and that I should be on it from there forward!:smash:

CTSurfrat 03-22-2013 04:18 PM

Unbelievable, I guess he is going to stop letting the sports teams get trophies because it would hurt the feeling of the students who tried hard but didn't win or didn't make the team in the first place. We are descending into mediocrity.

The Dad Fisherman 03-24-2013 06:03 PM

Carlin always puts things in perspective....WARNING Language.....

George Carlin -Child Worship - YouTube

FishermanTim 03-27-2013 04:58 PM

When a Liberal Democrap makes these kinds of decrees, they should be put into that same category.
Now, when a school, city or town decides to do something as moronic and asinine as this, they should have to be JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE and get PAID the same as everyone else in that school, city or town.
Since no one is special, no one gets honors, then they are not "entitled" (liberal justification cry) to their salary, their raises or their perks and kickbacks.

When they are treated, as adults (using the term loosely)the same way they are treating accomplished children, maybe they'll get their collective heads out of their a$$es and see what the "real" world is supposed to be like.

But we are talking about liberal Democraps, so taking thier heads out of their a$$es just means that when they open their mouths crap will be coming out from both ends!

Swimmer 04-08-2013 05:06 PM

Query the local rag via the wickedlocalnews.com and type your thoughts down, I did. You wont believe what one of the school committee member (name is Traverso) wrote in the Ipswich news about how less affluent children are "dumber" (code word for minorities)than the rich kids. You wont believe what this idiots actually put in print.