Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Website Discussion - What's Broke, What's Not, and How to Do It (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Beer section (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=62022)

harritchate 10-14-2010 10:44 PM

please everyone... dont wate your money on a woodchuck pumpkin cider far too weird tasting.

Murphy's stout on the other hand... game on- great beer
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 10-15-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harritchate (Post 802321)
i have now been on a pumpkin beer kick and luckily my little lady brought home a mixed six of pumpkin brews. southern tier, dogfish head, post road, etc and the big surprise which i cant wait to taste woodchuck pumpin cider...

I enjoy many types of beers and many different styles of brewing but I just cannot get into a true belgian style beer... does not agree with me

Ooooh, pour 2/3rds of your favorite ale, and 1/3rd Woodchuck pumpkin afterward and have a pint of Spooky Snakebite ;)

JackK 10-18-2010 02:22 PM

Southern Tier Gemini... <3. Favorite IPA kicking around.

Piscator 10-18-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harritchate (Post 802321)
i have now been on a pumpkin beer kick and luckily my little lady brought home a mixed six of pumpkin brews. southern tier, dogfish head, post road, etc and the big surprise which i cant wait to taste woodchuck pumpin cider...

I enjoy many types of beers and many different styles of brewing but I just cannot get into a true belgian style beer... does not agree with me

Shipyard Pumpkin Ale (When you can find it). Most places are sold out until next year.

Jenn 10-19-2010 06:37 PM

I think we would get along just fine! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 801022)
Dogfish pumpkin is one of my favs. Most of their beers are excellent, if a bit on the malty side.

I've been a Unibroue fan for a long time, even have some of their glasses with the decal completely worn off. I know...that's pretty profound :hihi:

Perhaps the only North American brewery who can consistently brew a Belgian inspired product.

-spence

Jenn 10-19-2010 06:39 PM

oh and I recently discovered Goose Island......the Honkers ale is quite nice! IPA is good too but I kind of burnt myself out on IPAs (dont ask its a long story!)

harritchate 10-19-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 803274)
Shipyard Pumpkin Ale (When you can find it). Most places are sold out until next year.

Of you are ever in the area Cardosa's in Fall River and in New Bedford both have 6-packs... (spot burn, I know)

Im now into a Fisherman's Imperial Pumpkin Stout - Cape Ann Brewing Co.... all I can say is wow

JackK 10-20-2010 08:03 PM

Are you guys talking about the Shipyard Pumpkinhead? I just cracked a 22 of the Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin, and all I can say is wow...

basswipe 10-23-2010 12:58 PM

Another great place to find a great variety of beers is Allen's in Portsmouth.If Glen doesn't have it he will order it for you.

spence 10-23-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 804817)
Another great place to find a great variety of beers is Allen's in Portsmouth.If Glen doesn't have it he will order it for you.

Yep, and decent prices as well.

-spence

luds 10-23-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 803274)

Shipyard is the easiest pumpkin beer to come by. Definitely the most popular. I'm surprised you can't find it. If you have a Stop and Shop with a beer section in it they will have it. Shipyard has been showing up in more and more resteraunts and bars. It's significantly better on draft. I'll pass on the rim job. It's good stuff. I'm loving the pumpkin beers this year. None of them hold a candle to Dogfish but I've also really renoyed Fisherman's Brew Pumpkin Stout. Definitely worth a try.

I stockpiled a bunch of Pumpkin beer and Octoberfests for Turkey Day. Wish you could get that stuff later into fall.

basswipe 11-13-2010 03:50 PM

Foster's Premium Ale.Not to bad at all except the caramel coloring to give it that "ale" color.

Can give you heartburn too.

JohnnySaxatilis 11-21-2010 07:15 PM

Red Racer India Pale Ale. Won 08' 09' best beer in british columbia. try it yourself if you can find it. comes in can 6'ers too. really enjoyed it

basswipe 11-23-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis (Post 812495)
Red Racer India Pale Ale. Won 08' 09' best beer in british columbia. try it yourself if you can find it. comes in can 6'ers too. really enjoyed it

Gotta a rack chilling in the fridge as I type!

Jenn 11-27-2010 09:20 AM

a couple that I just tried recently that deserve an honorable mention....
Gearys winter & Goose Island Winter

striperman36 11-27-2010 09:26 AM

Sierra Nevada Torpedo

beamie 12-01-2010 07:30 PM

I really like the Asahi Black "munich sytle", tend to like it much more than Guinness...

O.D. Mike 12-21-2010 08:31 PM

So, how close are we to a Beer Forum?

Try Blue Hills Larger John, a dam good beer!!!!

JohnR 12-22-2010 10:53 PM

Do we really want a beer forum?

I get 5 "yes" votes and I'll do it (unless someone can talk me out of it).

Guess I'll go crack the cold Winter Warmer I just picked up :buds:

johnny ducketts 12-23-2010 01:14 PM

well here is a "yes", that way I can convince all of you that Genesee is the best beer in the world... muhahahaha :)

fishbones 12-23-2010 01:24 PM

I'm in (Yes).

I had a few Bud Heavies last night and they were pretty good. Going back to the Sam Winter tonight, though.

O.D. Mike 12-23-2010 06:41 PM

Yes

spence 12-23-2010 06:48 PM

I'm in.

Give me a few more hours and I might even vote again ;)

Backbeach Jake 12-23-2010 06:58 PM

Yes!

2na 12-23-2010 06:58 PM

and 'yes' makes five

btw, I'm a Ballantine/Newcastle man.

nice lobby job O.D.

PRBuzz 12-23-2010 07:18 PM

Yes, someone always changes their mind so I'm the alternate.

Guinness! :gu:

Or other stouts/porters in a pinch.

Surf Caster 12-23-2010 07:35 PM

yes
love me some whales tale pale ale

blondterror 12-23-2010 08:20 PM

Yes

chefchris401 12-23-2010 08:41 PM

Yes please!

I just took the executive chef position at a restaurant in providence that has a very lengthy and awesome beer menu, some truly great stuff and good looking waitstaff that actually knows the products.

Don't want to say the name here as that would be spam.

If you want to know pm me.

We will be putting on beer dinners soon too!!!! 5 beers and 5 courses

Backbeach Jake 12-24-2010 07:32 AM

On Broadway, Chefchris?