Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Frozen Harbors (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93174)

nightfighter 01-02-2018 05:49 PM

Frozen Harbors

3 Attachment(s)
Couple shots from Marblehead's west side which is Salem Harbor. That is hard water all the way over to the Salem shore.

Got Stripers 01-02-2018 06:07 PM

Plymouth is frozen as is Duxury bay and there are ice flows out in front of Brown's bank.

Guppy 01-02-2018 06:11 PM

No high speed ferry service to isl.....

Sea Dangles 01-02-2018 06:42 PM

Nice shots
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raider Ronnie 01-02-2018 08:09 PM

Anyone know if the harbors around Boston froze over ?
Last time we had this type of cold the Fore & Town rivers in Quincy froze to the point the CG ice breakers were in on a regular basis so the fuel tankers could get in & out.
Most every marines docks & piling were trashed.

bobber 01-02-2018 11:16 PM

harbor here in town is locked up as well. the fire boat has bubblers around it, but the rest of the place is pretty locked in..... coupla firemen were out there chipping ice off the deck today

BigBo 01-03-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1134468)
Anyone know if the harbors around Boston froze over ?
Last time we had this type of cold the Fore & Town rivers in Quincy froze to the point the CG ice breakers were in on a regular basis so the fuel tankers could get in & out.
Most every marines docks & piling were trashed.

Ronnie, I'm not sure about the Fore & Town River marina's, but I did see on the news that Hingham was almost frozen in. The Hingham>Boston Ferry was still running, but it only had a narrow opening to use as it was breaking ice on it's passages. They said they didn't expect service to be continuing after today.

MakoMike 01-03-2018 09:46 AM

Passed over the Hudson over the weekend, Ice extends a 100 yards or so from each bank, but the middle of the river is clear.

piemma 01-03-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1134463)
Nice shots

Chris, we are in the Low Country in an ice storm. Hysterical!
Bridges are closed. 526, 26, 17, 171 highways are closed. They have no equipment to sand and salt. Just stay off the roads.

Works for me!

Raider Ronnie 01-03-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBo (Post 1134488)
Ronnie, I'm not sure about the Fore & Town River marina's, but I did see on the news that Hingham was almost frozen in. The Hingham>Boston Ferry was still running, but it only had a narrow opening to use as it was breaking ice on it's passages. They said they didn't expect service to be continuing after today.

Unfortunately the fuel tankers don’t stop because of ice and the CG ice breaker will be in the rivers if necessary.
Last time a few years ago most every marina in the Town River got trashed.

BigBo 01-03-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1134515)
Unfortunately the fuel tankers don’t stop because of ice and the CG ice breaker will be in the rivers if necessary.
Last time a few years ago most every marina in the Town River got trashed.

Looks like I heard the report wrong because today they are saying that the Hingham docks were heavily damaged.