Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   I may be joining the Yak Pack!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=77365)

MarshCappa 05-02-2012 08:52 AM

I may be joining the Yak Pack!!

If all goes well I may be making a purchase on Friday night!! Pics will follow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The Dad Fisherman 05-02-2012 09:17 AM

Make/Model...inquiring minds want to know. :hee:

MarshCappa 05-02-2012 09:33 AM

Inflatable Kayaks | Kayaks made for recreational, high performance, sit-on-top self bailing and multi-use.

fishsmith 05-02-2012 12:45 PM

:eek: inflatable and fishing seem like a high risk maneuver.

The Dad Fisherman 05-02-2012 12:53 PM

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing.

MarshCappa 05-02-2012 12:57 PM

I fished from an inflatable sea eagle for years. I like the portablility and ease of storage plus I don't need a car top hauler or trailor. I miss taking it in the surf and rapids as well and this one seems like it will be good in both. They are very versitle. Throw it in your trunk and it takes minutes to set it up. I'm getting a great deal on a new one.

Nebe 05-02-2012 05:14 PM

Name it "Blow up Doll" :hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

MarshCappa 05-02-2012 09:22 PM

It's a done deal and in my possesion! Screw you all!!:rotf2::rotf2: Best $200 I've spent in awhile and it will be perfect for the local rivers and back bay areas I like to fish plus I can take it to the beach and ride the waves! I'm looking forward to having fun with it.

The Dad Fisherman 05-03-2012 04:57 AM

$200....thats a pretty sweet deal....they are a grand on their website.

Congrats on the Purchase and the Deal

MarshCappa 05-03-2012 06:06 AM

Does anyone have a footpump I can use?? It didn't come with one!!!:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

Yea, it was a good deal. I saw it a #^&#^&#^&#^&s when we were getting baseball gear. I had never heard of the company and I thought it was to good to be true so I left the store and did some research. This is a great company with a solid reputation in the outdoors community. I saw what they were going for on Ebay and other online markets and couldn't believe #^&#^&#^&#^&s was selling this for $199. I ended up getting the 1 person version. I thought they had the 2 person in the store but I was mistaken. Good thing I have thick skin and broad shoulders for all the ribbing I'll be taking from you hard shell folks!! Oh well, I've always taken the road less traveled in my life!!:uhuh: Bring it!! :grins:

BigFish 05-03-2012 08:53 AM

Fish from an inner tube don't count! Just sayin'! :)

BigFish 05-03-2012 08:54 AM

Seriously congrats and hope to see you out with us soon!!! :uhuh:

MarshCappa 05-03-2012 09:50 AM

Love it Larry! Inner tube:rotf2:!! I can't wait to meet up with you and others here in the future. The reports in Dux Bay from last week and this week are making me sick!! I need to get out ASAP!!:fishin::fishin:

The Dad Fisherman 05-03-2012 10:02 AM

If he comes out with the Yak Rats and starts outfishing us and Talking Smack.....We can bring along the great "Equalizer" :hihi:

http://www.sampa.com/wp-content/uplo...lawn-darts.jpg

BigFish 05-03-2012 10:59 AM

Bring thick skin, a sense of humor and a patch kit for your floatie!!! Worse comes to worse TDF we can toss a 10 pound blue in there with him if he gets all uppity!!!! :uhuh:

MarshCappa 05-03-2012 11:42 AM

You guys clearly haven't fished with me before. Safe bet I won't be outfishng you guys and upity is the last thing that I would call myself! I'll be sure to stay far away from you guys!!

Jersey_Jim 05-04-2012 04:02 PM

Hey Marsh Vegas Man, talk to me. i have been looking at the Sea Eagle 285 for a 1 man fishing rig. Have you seen it? Any comments on fishing out of a blow up doll?:-)

Inflatable Boats and inflatable kayaks from SeaEagle.com

BigFish 05-04-2012 04:06 PM

Hope you know Cappa just pokin' fun at ya! Looking forward to seeing you there in the am!!:uhuh:

Rockport24 05-04-2012 04:06 PM

I think for freshwater applications, it could be a good choice, I would NOT go out anywhere where there is a chance of some surf kicking up....

MarshCappa 05-04-2012 05:29 PM

Hey Larry, of course I know you're joking around and I love it! Pay back baby!! As far as this pontoon fishing boat I also think in rougher conditions it won't be good but in lakes or back bay areas or rivers it would be great. Sea eagle is a great company to work with. I had 330 and that thing took a beating. I used to ride it in the waves at the beach and it was fun!

hq2 05-28-2012 07:23 PM

Actually, with regard to pulling in big blues and stripers with an inflatable yak, I'd check it pretty carefully to see how thick it is. I had a cheap one a few years ago, and no way would I have gone bluefishing in it; one good bite and I would have been "Sittin' on the (bottom) of the bay". Striper back fins could puncture 'em too. Be sure yours is really up to a good bite before you try going out
in serious water.