Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   WTB:60 Pound Boga Grip (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=12300)

scarecrow 01-20-2004 02:51 PM

WTB:60 Pound Boga Grip

Anyone know where I can get one

Was thinking Saltwater edge. Gonna call when I get home>

Slipknot 01-20-2004 03:35 PM

I think cabelas has them
you know they are about 250 right?

fishaholic18 01-20-2004 05:06 PM

Is there anything cheaper than the Boca that is good?

leptar 01-20-2004 06:19 PM

NO! heheh...

Not really...You get what you pay for especially with one of those I had a rapala one from bennies.. lasted all but a month before it started getting stuck... i bought the el-cheapo from e-bay.. used it once and it broke....

My buddy bought the boga 60,,, It's been used hardcore... and it still works like brand new... I wanted one but couldn't afford it at the time.. i'm still saving...

Unless you really want the 60.. the the 30 will handle large fish aswell... We used the 30 last year over at Block Island to land fish on the boat... all of the fish were over 30 and it held all of them.

shore manic 01-21-2004 02:11 AM

hey sorry, if the rappala broke, send it back or bring it to your nearest tackle shop.. don't bad mouth it here, i've had no problems with mine, i love all rappala products!!!! we have many tackle shops that are sponsors here. maybe they can help you!!!!

tlapinski 01-21-2004 06:33 AM

Scarecrow, why not be realistic and just start with the 15# model! :laughs:

seriously, if you think you truly need it, the boga is the best product going. i bought the 60 right after it was re-released last summer. i beat the crap out of it, and it keeps on going. to show you the durability of the boga, i abused mine for the better part of last year, from using it as a "preist" to taking some spils in the surf with my only cushion being the boga, and it is still less than a few ounce off of a certified scale. that is one quality piece of equipment!

fishweewee 01-21-2004 11:01 AM

Definitely quality piece of equipment, and very accurate to say the least.

For a while, it was unavailable.

If you fear that you'll no longer be able to get the 60# model (b/c the company stops making them) then by all means snag one if you can afford it.

My only beef with the 60# model is that it is H-E-A-V-Y. You can clamp it to one of your waders straps but you will feel its weight.

Last thing - if you use one on a boat, get an attachment called the "Boga Saver." It's basically a safety float for a boga grip that ensures you'll have a shot at retrieving it in case it goes overboard. Otherwise, it will sink like a stone to the bottom. :crying:

scarecrow 01-21-2004 01:38 PM

Toby

Gonna need it not only for striper fishing but for School bluefin tooo

15 pounds come onnnnnnn:smash:

redlite 01-22-2004 01:25 PM

Picked up a Lip-Lock with built in 50# scale this summer. Only $70 beans. Love it. Took a beating this summer and is accurate. One step up over the Bogas is that the scale has a seperate lifting handle, so every time you use it, the fish isn't bouncing on the scale.

theSURF121 01-22-2004 02:37 PM

Goose Hummock had them on sale for 169.00 or 179.00 for the 60 lber'. Check to see if they still have them.

redlite 01-22-2004 03:10 PM

By the way, I picked the Lip-Lock up at Pamet River Bait & Tackle in Truro this past summer.

Thom 01-22-2004 10:44 PM

I got the thirty pound model it is about 5 years old never wash it off spent two weeks on the bottom of the Ct river and still works like achamp. If you cna't afford one now save for it you will have for the rest of your life. ThomT

Red_Cherokee 01-23-2004 05:47 AM

Re: WTB:60 Pound Boga Grip

Quote:

Originally posted by scarecrow
Anyone know where I can get one

Was thinking Saltwater edge. Gonna call when I get home>

Doubt you'll need one unless your gonna use it on yourself.:smash:

scarecrow 01-23-2004 10:27 AM

Doubt you'll need one unless your gonna use it on yourself

Good ONE!!!!

NOT

Red_Cherokee 01-23-2004 12:36 PM

You probably can't afford one anyway Mr. Bartender.

Nebe 01-23-2004 02:03 PM

I saw one at Quaker Lane B&T last time I was there a couple of days ago...
I dont know of its a 60# though
Quaker Lane B&T
NorthKingston RI

bassmaster 01-25-2004 12:23 PM

Berkly dig scale

Notaro 01-27-2004 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by fishweewee

My only beef with the 60# model is that it is H-E-A-V-Y. You can clamp it to one of your waders straps but you will feel its weight.

Last thing - if you use one on a boat, get an attachment called the "Boga Saver." It's basically a safety float for a boga grip that ensures you'll have a shot at retrieving it in case it goes overboard. Otherwise, it will sink like a stone to the bottom. :crying:

Boga saver, I hgave never heard of it. I have been thinking about constructing a cord attachment like the plier with a duolock for the surfcasters on my bogagrip. Where can I find those and will they fit the bogagrip's hole?

tlapinski 01-27-2004 12:03 PM

go to as dive shop and buy a retractable lanyard. they will go right on your wader belt. the one i have can hold 85#'s of dead weight when fully extended. it is the best way to go. you just clip the jaws on your belt and you don't even know it is there.

Jonny Bolt 01-31-2004 07:07 PM

I have a Berkley Lip Grip. 28 smackers at Wal-Nuts. Had it for a long time. Still works like new.

BigFish 01-31-2004 07:43 PM

Monahan Marine in Weymouth had em', not sure if they were the 60 pound model but give Russ Eastman at Monahans a call. He is off on Mondays.

barbeque 02-05-2004 05:48 PM

heres to you RED

Quote:

Originally posted by Red_Cherokee
You probably can't afford one anyway Mr. Bartender.
I dont know what your talking about. Scarecrow's got more money then he knows what to do with it. Maybe if you ask him nicely he'll loan you some money so you can get out of that dump you call New Jersey, maybe even enough money to get rid of your '84 Cherokee and get something a little more respectable. Just a word to the wise or in this case... nevermind.

bassmaster 02-05-2004 09:55 PM

what do You drive besides a keyboard?

barbeque 02-05-2004 10:14 PM

haha

1 Attachment(s)
Actually I OWN a 99 Chevy Silverado Z71. Just alittle nicer than your fine rig i see. i put in a pic for you to admire

rizzo 02-05-2004 10:55 PM

Whoooooaaaaa, so theres something wrong with BMs rig now? Since when did it matter what you chase fish in and what gear you use as long as it works for you? Everyones out to fish for different reasons. Some love to show off all the fancy gear they have and focus on that, others would rather focus on just catchin and finding fish. Its a personal choice and theres no reason to criticize a guy for what truck he drives or reel he uses if it works for him.

Mike P 02-05-2004 11:23 PM

Big chit---a rust-o-matic truck to go with the cheap-assed rust-o-matic reel in your avatar :doh:

bassmaster 02-05-2004 11:27 PM

Bud I drive My truck on the sand and fill it with fish
when it dies I will Buy another and do the same.
My truck has 271,000 thousand miles on it .
never judge a book by its cover Boy
btw how old are You ?
You sound Young in Your posts

Jonny Bolt 02-05-2004 11:51 PM

Re: heres to you RED

Quote:

Originally posted by barbeque
I dont know what your talking about. Scarecrow's got more money then he knows what to do with it. Maybe if you ask him nicely he'll loan you some money so you can get out of that dump you call New Jersey, maybe even enough money to get rid of your '84 Cherokee and get something a little more respectable. Just a word to the wise or in this case... nevermind.
That dump you call New Jersey! LMFAO

That was funny. But come on you guys, its friggin Winter, we're all waiting for the same thing......Spring. So everyone just take a deep breathe, and dont #^&#^&#^&#^& your pants over this. This WAS a thread about Boga's and Lip Grip's, but its turned into another famous, errr, infamous S-B hijack thread. Have a little respect, for peoples threads, and each other. Stay on topic, or take it PM's. Or get a play pen.

Slipknot 02-06-2004 12:01 AM

ACHTUNG!

rizzo 02-06-2004 01:39 AM

It is winter and maybe some are feeling the effects of it, but respect is key. A lot of the guys on this page have been around a long time and share information that would take years if not decades to figure out on you own. You have to appreciate that they are willing to share their experiences and opinions with you and respect them for it.