Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Will Slip turn them in (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93672)

Sea Dangles 05-03-2018 02:51 PM

Will Slip turn them in

Just wondering if our very own plans on volunteering to turn in all semi automatic assault style weapons as suggested by D California - Eric Swalwell. And no, Spence is right, "they are not coming for your guns."

Slipknot 05-03-2018 03:02 PM

What assault style weapon? :huh:

Slipknot 05-03-2018 03:07 PM

how about giving back some of our rights that have been taken away instead of proposing to take more?

I will defend the second amendment from tyrants like him

Nebe 05-03-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1142052)
how about giving back some of our rights that have been taken away instead of proposing to take more?

I will defend the second amendment from tyrants like him

Translation - “from my cold dead hands”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter 05-03-2018 06:22 PM

I like my wood furniture....Its not so scary looking!

tysdad115 05-03-2018 06:22 PM

Yeah..that Slip guy is surely "questionable".

Sea Dangles 05-03-2018 07:25 PM

Bitter clinger

spence 05-03-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1142050)
Just wondering if our very own plans on volunteering to turn in all semi automatic assault style weapons as suggested by D California - Eric Swalwell. And no, Spence is right, "they are not coming for your guns."

Having man issues today? Dude...BFH.

Sea Dangles 05-03-2018 09:12 PM

Just a little swamp ass. Why,you hungry?

spence 05-03-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1142074)
Just a little swamp ass. Why,you hungry?

Haha...touché.

JohnR 05-04-2018 07:32 AM

Maybe we should break up as a country. What if it can't be fixed. Maybe it is time.

The Constitution is my Hill - as well as that for many, many others - to die on, particularly WRT 1A/2A.

Jim in CT 05-04-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1142092)
Maybe we should break up as a country. What if it can't be fixed. Maybe it is time.

The Constitution is my Hill - as well as that for many, many others - to die on, particularly WRT 1A/2A.

I have absolutely no clue what unites us anymore. When a Republican President is criticized by the left for how many times he says "America" at the state of the union, and a guy like Mitt Romney is called a sexist Neanderthal because he keeps a notebook of resumes of promising female employees, I don't know what meaning the word "united" has anymore, as it pertains to the USA. Half the country spends almost no time discussing policy or ideas, and 99% of their time telling you how evil the other side is.

It wasn't all that long ago, when the notion that people who have a wee wee should go to the men's room, wasn't a controversial thing to say. What's next? Too scary to think about.

Pete F. 05-04-2018 08:27 AM

They ought to make black guns green.
Conservatives would want nothing to do with them and liberals would want them.

PaulS 05-04-2018 09:23 AM

I know look at the vitrial constantly coming out the right. They hate Blacks. They have a Pres. whole lies multiple times a day with no recourse from his base.

How would the moocher states fix their roads w/o the $ from the left leaning donor states?

:)

Jim in CT 05-04-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1142105)
I know look at the vitrial constantly coming out the right. They hate Blacks. They have a Pres. whole lies multiple times a day with no recourse from his base.

How would the moocher states fix their roads w/o the $ from the left leaning donor states?

"I know look at the vitrial constantly coming out the right. They hate Blacks"

Yeah, there's ALL KINDS of evidence and facts to support that. Paul, I look at what has happened to blacks in Hartford and Bridgeport over the last 40 years, and I say that these people deserve better, so we need to try something, anything, that's different. Liberals look at Hartford and Bridgeport, and propose to continue the same exact policies that brought those cities to where they are.

"They have a Pres. whole lies multiple times a day"

You got me there. But the 2016 election was a choice between two pathological liars, not one.

"with no recourse from his base. "

Oh please. There are 3-4 people at Fox who will never stop cheerleading for him (Sean Hannity leads the pack, he is embarassing). There are others at Fox who criticize him, Megyn Kelly hated him, the National Review hates him. Trump gets recourse from republicans. You just don't hear about it on MSNBC and Al Jazeera and when you read The Daily Worker. George Will and Charles Krauthammer are both very influential, and both hated him.

Jim in CT 05-04-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1142105)
I know look at the vitrial constantly coming out the right. They hate Blacks.

If you're interested, that's why Trump won and why your candidate is wandering in the woods alone, babbling like an idiot.

PaulS 05-04-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1142110)
If you're interested, that's why Trump won and why your candidate is wandering in the woods alone, babbling like an idiot.

always classy

Trump won by appealing to the latent racism in people and the fear in whites that they are losing out to blacks in some way.

MAGA.

Jim in CT 05-04-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1142111)
always classy

Trump won by appealing to the latent racism in people and the fear in whites that they are losing out to blacks in some way.

MAGA.

"always classy"

She called me deplorable and irredeemable, sorry if I don't feel the need to be respectful to Hilary.

As to the racism issue. Can you answer a question? During the latest state of the union, when Trump announced that black unemployment was at historic lows, one side of the aisle erupted in celebration of that fact, the other side sat on their hands, miserable, with scowls on their faces.

Here is the question...why did each side respond the way they did?

"Trump won by appealing to the latent racism in people and the fear in whites that they are losing out to blacks in some way"

And that asinine assumption is based on what, exactly?

PaulS 05-04-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1142114)
"Trump won by appealing to the latent racism in people and the fear in whites that they are losing out to blacks in some way"

And that asinine assumption is based on what, exactly?

:rollem:

Jim in CT 05-04-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1142115)
:rollem:

well that's not exactly a direct answer Paul, but it's what I was expecting. .

Jim in CT 05-04-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

always classy

MAGA.

Trump at the state of the union...."something I'm very proud of...African-American unemployment stands at the lowest level ever recorded".

Obviously the man is a white supremacist, I mean obviously...

The Dad Fisherman 05-04-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

always classy

MAGA.

https://cf.girlsaskguys.com/q1449230...24c0b79c62.jpg

JohnR 05-04-2018 01:39 PM

Wait - I thought Democrats were calling everyone Racists might have had something to do with it. Ohhhhh, I get it. All Republicans are racists.

spence 05-04-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1142133)
Wait - I thought Democrats were calling everyone Racists might have had something to do with it. Ohhhhh, I get it. All Republicans are racists.

Come on, Trump stroking fear with immigrants was a big part of this election and continues to be a big part of his message.

JohnR 05-04-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1142134)
Come on, Trump stroking fear with immigrants was a big part of this election and continues to be a big part of his message.

You mean how Trump is singling out immigrants that are not here legally and have circumvented all legal means of being here? Getting in front of people doing the process correctly? Those immigrants?

Jim in CT 05-04-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1142137)
You mean how Trump is singling out immigrants that are not here legally and have circumvented all legal means of being here? Getting in front of people doing the process correctly? Those immigrants?

Liberals hate it when people make a distinction between legal and illegal immigration.

Spence, do you teach your kids, that if they are tired of waiting in line for something, they should cut to the front? Or sneak in the back? Or otherwise cheat the people waiting patiently and following the rules? Or am I taking it all out of context?

Pete F. 05-04-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1142139)
Liberals hate it when people make a distinction between legal and illegal immigration.

Spence, do you teach your kids, that if they are tired of waiting in line for something, they should cut to the front? Or sneak in the back? Or otherwise cheat the people waiting patiently and following the rules? Or am I taking it all out of context?

So does Trump, or maybe he didn't know?
https://www.motherjones.com/politics...gration/#testb
http://time.com/5039109/donald-trump...bonwit-teller/
https://www.cpisandiego.org/trumps-c...hat-hire-them/
https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/...t-good-enough/

spence 05-04-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1142137)

Come on John...

detbuch 05-04-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1142149)
Come on John...

That's even more persuasive than "Sigh..."

Jim in CT 05-04-2018 04:48 PM

You cannot answer every possible question, by pointing out that trump isn’t a good person. I agree he’s not, but that had absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.