Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Meet & Greet Forum (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Chatham striper fisherman (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=45950)

CaptMike 01-02-2008 04:15 PM

Chatham striper fisherman

Hi all,

I have been fishing for stripers, blues, fluke and tuna for many years on th efly and light tackle and just joined s - b. I've been doing a lot of trout fishing on the cape the last couple weeks trying to keep myself from going (more) insane but I don't think it's working. I look forward to talking to you all

tight lines
Mike

fishsmith 01-02-2008 04:31 PM

Welcome aboard Mike, I love fishing in your area, I don't care how crowded it gets in small areas, lots of hot spots down that way.

Hooper 01-02-2008 05:32 PM

Welcome Mike, I fish out of Bass River around Monomoy, Nantucket, MV and east of Chatham for sbft, see you on the water!

Adam_777 01-02-2008 06:48 PM

Welcome ! Hows the trout thing working out for ya ?

keeperreaper 01-02-2008 08:34 PM

Welcome Captain. I fish out of Chatham also for all the species you mentioned specifically tuna and bass. East and south to the islands, Monomoy and the rips. On the fluke thing you'd be better served running south for better, larger, more consistnent fluke fishing.

CaptMike 01-02-2008 09:11 PM

Hey guys,
Yeah I'm keeping the boat in oyster river this year. I've had her in ryder's cove for years but the inlet has been getting worse and taking fishing days away so I decided to make the move to the south side. Trout fishing has been ok. In the beginning of december I was consistently getting 14-15 inch 'bows and one 18 inch brown, with crawlers on the bottom and under floats. No substitute to fly rodding bass in my book but it gets me through the winter.

Sluggoslinger 01-02-2008 09:13 PM

Welcome mike! What kind of boat do you fish off?

I've been fishing that area for about 15 years and love it. We had a great spring last year in stage and a great year all in all. Now i'll be lucky to fish there twice a year since i am in socal.

CaptMike 01-02-2008 10:15 PM

Hey,
Thanks for th welcome everyone!
I have a 22 foot seawolf (seacraft) walkaround. I'm excited to have the opportunity to go after fluke as well as stripers blues and tuna that I usually fish for.

Moses 01-02-2008 10:18 PM

Welcome aboard Capt Mike

Like the other guys, I often fish this area. My cousin lives in Chatham and we usually launch at Barn Hill/Oyster River ramp and mostly head to south tip of Monomoy and Bearse's. Hope to make the trip "east" a little more this upcoming season.

CaptMike 01-03-2008 08:49 AM

That's right next to where I'm keeping the boat this year. I'll see ya out there

MarshCappa 01-03-2008 09:32 AM

Welcome aboard Capt Mike. Last May my wife and I fished Stage Harbor for the first time and had a blast. Beautiful area. I'm going to pitch another anniversary trip there this spring. It was perfect for my skiff. Hope you enjoy the S-B board, it's pretty cool here with plenty of knowledgable and friendly people.

Bronko 01-03-2008 11:32 AM

Welcome aboard Capt. Mike. I am a surf guy and stalk that area at night with eels all season long :ss:..... unless Keepereaper takes me along on his boat. :hidin: