Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Boat Fishing & Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Looking for someone to join me no my boat ? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=89996)

fish raptor 02-11-2016 03:28 PM

Looking for someone to join me no my boat ?

I'll keep it short. As you know I Lost my better half this past november and she was my co-pilot co-fisherman. I don't like the idea of heading out on the ocean alone in my 212 Mako and would like to find someone who would like to spend time on the boat fishing with me. I really would like to fish this year but unless I find a fishing partner I doubt I will. I usually fish on Saturdays and Sundays from early 7 or 8 till 3ish. I have all the gear needed (both trolling and spinning) for two so you don't even need your own gear. If anyone knows anyone please pass on this offer. If I don't find someone my only option will be to head back to the Canal with the 11' Century and Stella. Sometimes when it was too rough on the sea that's what we did anyway.

probably would start in May thru oct. Maybe every 3 weeks or so for the weekend.

What a dummy I am. I did not even mention the area where I intended to fish. Why is it that everyone assumes that where you fish is where they fish....

I would be fishing both sides of the cape. Launching at Childs landing in Falmouth and launching at Sesuit. I have never fished Buzzards bay and might like to give that a try for the first time so launch at Taylors in Bourne or Childs and go thru Woods hole and stay at southern end of B. Bay. I only have one 200hp merc on the Mako so no more that 10 ... 12 miles out unless water is like glass.

tysdad115 02-11-2016 05:44 PM

Well I certainly can't guarantee a regular basis but my son and I are available either by boat or surf.
We'd be happy to wet a line and have some laughs.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

fish raptor 02-11-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 1093132)
Well I certainly can't guarantee a regular basis but my son and I are available either by boat or surf.

I would be fishing both sides of the cape. Launching at Childs landing in Falmouth and launching at Sesuit on bay side. I have never fished Buzzards bay and might like to give that a try so probably launch at Taylors in Bourne or Childs and go thru Woods hole and stay at southern end of B. Bay. I only have one 200hp merc on the Mako so no more that 10 ... 12 miles out unless water is like glass. I would like to try to come out about every 3 weeks or so to get in as much fishing as possible. fishing both sat & sun if weather permits. It it's to rough for taking out the boat fish the ditch. I will send you a p.m. so we can talk. Thanks....

Guppy 02-11-2016 08:29 PM

Quote:

Ho

tysdad115 02-11-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1093151)
Ho

My spots already picked on your boat too..

piemma 02-16-2016 09:12 AM

I don't know. I love fishing alone on my boat in the middle of the night in dense fog with no radar. Then again I've always been F..in ' nuts.

PRBuzz 02-16-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Very good, you are learning to spot opportunities! :) HO, HO, HO

Clammer 02-19-2016 07:09 PM

PI I also love that you fish the middle of the night w/ no radar / that way were safe when we finally go out :::AFTER BREAKFAST } LOL:kewl:

spence 02-19-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1093551)
I don't know. I love fishing alone on my boat in the middle of the night in dense fog with no radar. Then again I've always been F..in ' nuts.

Nuts? What's the antonym of hyperbole???

bassballer 02-24-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1093551)

same here Paul. Some people meditate. I go fishing. solo on the water is my happy place.

piemma 03-02-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassballer (Post 1094329)
same here Paul. Some people meditate. I go fishing. solo on the water is my happy place.

:agree:

fishbones 03-02-2016 08:19 PM

If you want to fish the canal some night, message me. I fish alone a lot, but that's because most people can't stand being around me. And if you're really good navigating around rocks, you might be able to get me on the boat some early morning or afternoon.

fish raptor 03-03-2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 1095140)
If you want to fish the canal some night, message me. I fish alone a lot, but that's because most people can't stand being around me. And if you're really good navigating around rocks, you might be able to get me on the boat some early morning or afternoon.

I will take you up on both of your offers.... fishing the canal w/you at night and boating early morning/afternoon. Do you have any specific areas in mind to go to on the boat at you mentioned "around rocks"..

and as far as asking me if I am really good navigating around rocks....I do my best to try not to use the "bump and run" technique....

let me know...

fishbones 03-03-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish raptor (Post 1095173)
I will take you up on both of your offers.... fishing the canal w/you at night and boating early morning/afternoon. Do you have any specific areas in mind to go to on the boat at you mentioned "around rocks"..

and as far as asking me if I am really good navigating around rocks....I do my best to try not to use the "bump and run" technique....

let me know...

Most of the places I boat fish on the cape are around rocks. Nothing too tough to get around though.