Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Good news on jobs and wages (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94152)

Jim in CT 09-07-2018 12:40 PM

Good news on jobs and wages

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/us-n...-aug-2018.html

wdmso 09-07-2018 03:46 PM

yes it was

Nebe 09-07-2018 04:26 PM

Thanks Obama
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-07-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1150551)
Thanks Obama

Until the first piece of economic bad news, then Trump owns it, right?

Nebe 09-07-2018 04:33 PM

Sounds about right to me. When you are the wrecking ball you don’t get much credit for building things.

Jim in CT 09-07-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1150556)
Sounds about right to me. When you are the wrecking ball you don’t get much credit for building things.

He has thousands of employees who get paid, pay their bills, provide for their families. Thousands of employees. Half of the buildings on the west side highway have his name on them. He's more than a wrecking ball, a lot more. He also managed to beat, quite handily, the most inevitable candidate ever,

Raider Ronnie 09-07-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1150551)
Thanks Obama

Bull !
Anyone with $ was sitting on it waiting out the 8 years of the Obama abortion.
Keep adding more tax & regulations on them they said fu.
They have been putting that $ to work & back into the country since Trump was elected.

Nebe 09-07-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1150565)
Bull !
They have been putting that $ to work & back into the country since Trump was elected.

Can’t argue with that.

wdmso 09-08-2018 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1150565)
Bull !

that Idea may have worked its way into the system I'll give you that ..

So let me get this straight all that Obama stuff over 8 years. that you think was taken from from the country .. Trump has said he has un done... is the sole reason why the economy is were it is today ?

Walmart, for example, could boost hourly wages to more than $15 an hour with the $20 billion it was using for a buyback. A separate study from the Roosevelt Institute released in July found that companies spent nearly 60 percent of net profits on buybacks from 2015 to 2017. It estimated that with the money allocated to buybacks, companies such as Lowes, CVS, and Home Depot could give each of their workers a raise of at least $18,000 a year.

Harley-Davidson in February announced a nearly $700 million stock buyback plan just days after saying it would close a plant in Kansas City. Wells Fargo is spending $25 billion on buybacks and is at the same time laying off workers in multiple states.

again we should be happy with crumbs

Jim in CT 09-08-2018 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1150593)
that Idea may have worked its way into the system I'll give you that ..

So let me get this straight all that Obama stuff over 8 years. that you think was taken from from the country .. Trump has said he has un done... is the sole reason why the economy is were it is today ?

Walmart, for example, could boost hourly wages to more than $15 an hour with the $20 billion it was using for a buyback. A separate study from the Roosevelt Institute released in July found that companies spent nearly 60 percent of net profits on buybacks from 2015 to 2017. It estimated that with the money allocated to buybacks, companies such as Lowes, CVS, and Home Depot could give each of their workers a raise of at least $18,000 a year.

Harley-Davidson in February announced a nearly $700 million stock buyback plan just days after saying it would close a plant in Kansas City. Wells Fargo is spending $25 billion on buybacks and is at the same time laying off workers in multiple states.

again we should be happy with crumbs

"o let me get this straight all that Obama stuff over 8 years. that you think was taken from from the country .. Trump has said he has un done... is the sole reason why the economy is were it is today ?"

I don't buy that for a second, during Obama's term, the economy recovered nicely (though slowly by historic standards) from the recession, and he deserves credit for that.

As to your notion that companies should allocate buyback money to raises...WDMSO, I'm certain that some of your pension money is invested in the stock market. Do you want the companies you are invested in to be profitable, or break-even. There's a balance between seeking profits and being a good corporate citizen I guess, and we can debate where that line should be, but you're also benefiting from this...

Interestingly enough, I turned on Foxnews for the first time in a while last night, Tucker Carlson was on, and he talked for 10 minutes about how disgusting it is that the CEO of Amazon is the wealthiest person on the planet, yet some of his workers are on welfare. He's continuing the story Monday.

spence 09-09-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150594)
Interestingly enough, I turned on Foxnews for the first time in a while last night, Tucker Carlson was on, and he talked for 10 minutes about how disgusting it is that the CEO of Amazon is the wealthiest person on the planet, yet some of his workers are on welfare. He's continuing the story Monday.

I'm astounded that state TV was dissing one of Trump's biggest foes...astounded I say.

Wage growth is positive but inflation and health care costs are s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g it all up...workers are losing ground.

Nebe 09-09-2018 02:22 PM

Bernie Sanders calls Bezos the largest recipient of government welfare in the US. It’s BS that the richest man in the world can’t pay his employees a living wage.

Jim in CT 09-10-2018 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1150643)
I'm astounded that state TV was dissing one of Trump's biggest foes...astounded I say.

Wage growth is positive but inflation and health care costs are s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g it all up...workers are losing ground.

that’s because you don’t watch it, your opinions are formed by listening to what liberals have to say. there are two or three hosts on the network who will never criticize Trump, ever. there are hosts who do it regularly. maybe try watching it before you decide what it is?

spence 09-10-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150666)
that’s because you don’t watch it, your opinions are formed by listening to what liberals have to say. there are two or three hosts on the network who will never criticize Trump, ever. there are hosts who do it regularly. maybe try watching it before you decide what it is?

I used to watch fox all the time until they went crazy. As for listening to liberals, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Jim in CT 09-10-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1150670)
I used to watch fox all the time until they went crazy. As for listening to liberals, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

oh you are so right. so insightful.

i used to watch fox for the guests more than the hosts, especially krauthammer who i loved.

anyway, the flagship show spent a lot of time rallying for what is seen as a liberal cause. and there will be another segment tonight. how often does cnn or msnbc do that?

on fox, the flagship show’s host routinely pounds trump for his behavior. show me when that happened at msnbc ir cnn from 09-16, when obama bashed conservatives, and endlessly bashed the police.

Raider Ronnie 09-10-2018 07:57 PM

6 more years 👍

Nebe 09-10-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1150716)
6 more years 👍

Doubtful. More like 6 more months. :rotfl:

DZ 09-11-2018 08:00 AM

I'm a little puzzled. If the economic news is so bad... why is Obama trying to take credit for it?

scottw 09-11-2018 08:01 AM

more bad news...or is it good news that Obama can try to claim credit for?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/11/smal...hest-ever.html

Pete F. 09-11-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1150730)
more bad news...or is it good news that Obama can try to claim credit for?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/11/smal...hest-ever.html

Did you look at the inset video
WATCH: Trump's economy: Here's where he gets credit, and what could go wrong

spence 09-11-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1150729)
I'm a little puzzled. If the economic news is so bad... why is Obama trying to take credit for it?

Because he knows it will go right up Trump's *** and we'll get more desperate tweets.

scottw 09-11-2018 08:52 AM

obama makes trump look humble

Jim in CT 09-11-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1150735)

almost. but obama doesn’t tweet his narcissism, nor does he articulate it using blue collar jargon. he’s more polished and articulate about it, so it’s tolerable to elitist snobs.

scottw 09-11-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150737)

but obama doesn’t tweet his narcissism

he prefers to hear himself talk

trumps tweets are a laser pointer on the wall to watch the libs/media jump about like cats...it works every time and the cats can't figure it out

Jim in CT 09-11-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1150738)

trumps tweets are a laser pointer on the wall to watch the libs/media jump about like cats...it works every time and the cats can't figure it out

that’s a superb analogy. the cats are foaming at the mouth, and need to be tested for rabies.

Pete F. 09-11-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1150735)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150737)
almost. but obama doesn’t tweet his narcissism, nor does he articulate it using blue collar jargon. he’s more polished and articulate about it, so it’s tolerable to elitist snobs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1150738)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150745)
that’s a superb analogy. the cats are foaming at the mouth, and need to be tested for rabies.

Looks like a circle jerk to me
:love:

PaulS 09-11-2018 01:49 PM

Some people might even do a double fist pump to celebrate how good they feel today.

Jim in CT 09-11-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150752)
Looks like a circle jerk to me
:love:

What do you call it when you and your fellow liberals all agree with each other? A MENSA meeting?

wdmso 09-11-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1150729)

Trump 1st 11 monthly jobs reports, employers added 1.84 million jobs, according to the December jobs report released Friday. That compares to 2.09 million jobs added in Obama's last 11 months in office.

Trump and his people love to lie .. no one is saying he hasn't had a positive effect on the economy..

Were just Not buying.. the Dear leader effect! that himself and supporters would lead us to believe... that he and he alone are 100% responsible for the current economy

Jim in CT 09-11-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1150774)
Trump 1st 11 monthly jobs reports, employers added 1.84 million jobs, according to the December jobs report released Friday. That compares to 2.09 million jobs added in Obama's last 11 months in office.

Trump and his people love to lie .. no one is saying he hasn't had a positive effect on the economy..

Were just Not buying.. the Dear leader effect! that himself and supporters would lead us to believe... that he and he alone are 100% responsible for the current economy

lots of people are avoiding saying he’s helping the economy. cnn and msnbc will avoid saying that like the plague. even here, you had to get in that obama’s better.
every topic, every conversation, has to eventually get around to getting a dig at trump.