Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Is wine talk accepted here? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=70906)

Jenn 05-06-2011 06:51 PM

Is wine talk accepted here?

I have to share this with someone!!!! have not made wine in a while but "discovered" one remaining bottle of the pink grapefruit/grape wine made 4 years ago and I drank it down like there was no tomorrow......holy crap was it goooooooooooodddddddddd! DAMN!

Piscator 05-06-2011 11:18 PM

wine is fine. My neighbor is a wine salesman so even though I love beer and other adult drinks, I've taken a liken to wine lately (beggers can't be choosers)

Raven 05-07-2011 06:43 AM

it's a very healthy alcoholic beverage.... goes great with fish
so why the hell not?

PRBuzz 05-07-2011 06:48 AM

OK as long as there are no wine whiners! This family drinks a fair share of the stuff. We like driving over to the Finger Lakes (NY) and picking up a variety of bottles but the favorite winery and wines are from Dr. Franks.

spence 05-07-2011 07:15 AM

We need a another forum.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman 05-07-2011 08:26 AM

This forum is Beer and Beverage...wine is fine....as well as Scotch, Vodka, Tequila, Rum, Gin, Bourbon, Rye, Absynthe, Nyquil and other Spirits.

Strike_King 05-07-2011 08:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I've been known to make a few bottles..My preference is hearty full bodied red wines such as red zinfandel or sangiovese. Seven Deadly Zins is one of favorite wines..

JohnR 05-07-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 857014)
We need a another forum.

Like ties and ascots?

Saltheart 05-07-2011 10:08 AM

I agree , its a beer and beverages forum , no need for a seperate one for wine .

I like wine with food. I also sometimes have a wine instead of a beer at dinner meetings , etc.

i was a big fan of white wines and knew a lot about them. I am partial to rieslings , especially johannesburg reislings. I also like most german white wines. i also like fruity reds. I used to buy a lot of chateau neuf du pape which was very inexpensive back in the mid 80"s but has become very expensive now. i remember when a Beaujalais was like $8 and a Chateau neauf du pape was like $6. Now the beaujalais is still about $8 but the chateau neuf du pape is like $20 for a good one.

I also like ports but a good port can be very expensive.

I will also admit to drinking may share of wine that comes in the 5 liter boxes. those things are great. They fit in the fridge and 5 liters lasts a long time if you just have a glass or two a day. very economical too.

The Dad Fisherman 05-07-2011 12:59 PM

I love a good Port....:drool:

When we go out to dinner usually as my wife is eye-ing something chocolate for dessert...I'm looking for either a port or Scotch for my dessert

striperman36 05-07-2011 01:02 PM

Anything in a box is good with me

spence 05-07-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 857040)
Like ties and ascots?

I've actually got a lot of really, really nice ties and rarely wear them for work anymore...people just don't do it like they used to.

I remember RIROCKHOUND giving me some flack for fishing in a polo shirt...perhaps I'm going to have to start elevating the level of style on the rocks.

(INSERT LAME FISHBONES JOKE ABOUT ME NOT FISHING HERE ETC...)

-spence

O.D. Mike 05-09-2011 05:46 AM

Ports

If you like Ports, try Benjamin Australian Tawny port. It rates 91 points and costs under $15 bucks!

My other favorite is a local port called Winterwine 2008, its from Sakonnet Winery in Little compton RI. I would take my friends there after getting skunked fishing. $8 bucks for a sampler and they would forget about the fishing trip....

Sakonnet Vineyards | Little Compton, Rhode Island Coastal Wine Growers of Southeastern New England

Raven 05-09-2011 05:51 AM

no

git that wine OUTTA HERE !!!!

heh heh heh ..............:rotf2:

Just funnin Jenn :gh:

fishbones 05-09-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 857082)
(INSERT LAME FISHBONES JOKE ABOUT ME NOT FISHING HERE ETC...)

-spence

I'm past the "Spence doesn't fish jokes". You have an open invitation to join me whenever you want to get out.

Last spring I fished with RIJimmy after work one night. I packed everything to go, except a change of clothes. I would have welcomed a polo shirt.

Piscator 05-09-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 857082)
I've actually got a lot of really, really nice ties and rarely wear them for work anymore...people just don't do it like they used to.

-spence

I agree, I’m fairly young (35) but can’t believe how the dress code has changed over the past 5-10 years. I was at a business conference last week and the dress code was nonexistent. It’s much more comfortable that way but I honestly don’t know how to pack for business trips anymore. At least in the “old” days I knew what to expect. Now I have to pack double to make sure I fit the crowd………

PRBuzz 05-09-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 857371)
I agree, I’m fairly young (35) but can’t believe how the dress code has changed over the past 5-10 years. I was at a business conference last week and the dress code was nonexistent. It’s much more comfortable that way but I honestly don’t know how to pack for business trips anymore. At least in the “old” days I knew what to expect. Now I have to pack double to make sure I fit the crowd………

This is a "Beer & Beverage" thread NOT FASHION!

Piscator 05-09-2011 10:08 AM

yea, just like this is a Striped Bass site.............

fishsmith 05-09-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 857066)
Anything in a box is good with me

ayup, can't go wrong, a box = 6 1/2 bottles and for $15, that works for me.

MarshCappa 05-09-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 857014)
We need a another forum.

I totally agree!:uhuh: