Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trump to meet with Putin (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93893)

scottw 07-14-2018 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1146677]
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1146666)
European news didn’t see it as a joke
https://youtu.be/8EZFBB-MntE
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

who cares what "european news" thinks about anything?

wdmso 07-15-2018 07:37 AM

[QUOTE=scottw;1146666]
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1146665)

so you are saying Trump made a joke and Russian officials took him seriously?

What makes you think it was a Joke ..... it appears they did release them after he asked....

If he was a comedian it would have been a good joke ....

wdmso 07-15-2018 07:46 AM

Trump declared as "fake news" his criticism of May in an early Friday interview in The Sun, even though the tabloid released a recording of the session.

Whats he going to tell the American people after his meeting with Just him and Putin and 2 translators ... seeing he is so Truthful even with a full recording ..

Got Stripers 07-15-2018 06:29 PM

This week is unreal, one in which even with 12 new indictments, our POTUS states the Russian witch hunt is hurting our relationship with Russia. Putin is I’m sure overly prepared for this meeting and our president prepares by playing golf. Our country is attacked by Russian hackers certainly at the direction of Putin and Trump instead of focusing on that, attacks our allies in NATO. Even if NATO needed to be held financially accountable, they our our foes and yet Russia is only to some extent our foe. It is hard for me to believe the Trump supporters can’t see the dangerous road we seem to be traveling down globally.

spence 07-15-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1146726)
This week is unreal, one in which even with 12 new indictments, our POTUS states the Russian witch hunt is hurting our relationship with Russia. Putin is I’m sure overly prepared for this meeting and our president prepares by playing golf. Our country is attacked by Russian hackers certainly at the direction of Putin and Trump instead of focusing on that, attacks our allies in NATO. Even if NATO needed to be held financially accountable, they our our foes and yet Russia is only to some extent our foe. It is hard for me to believe the Trump supporters can’t see the dangerous road we seem to be traveling down globally.

They really don’t because they’re just staring into the light. I never imagined John would be part of it but...

PaulS 07-15-2018 07:02 PM

Asked during the CBS interview whom he considered to be his biggest foe globally, Mr. Trump named the European Union, citing “what they do to us on trade.” He added: “Now you wouldn’t think of the European Union, but they’re a foe. Russia is a foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly a foe.”

wdmso 07-16-2018 06:45 AM

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!

2:05 AM - Jul 16, 2018

Talk about setting the table

Got Stripers 07-16-2018 06:48 AM

Like your ten year old with cookie crumbs all over his face, melted chocolate chips on his finger tips, yet insisting over and over again he didn't take the last cookie.

Pete F. 07-16-2018 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1146735)
Like your ten year old with cookie crumbs all over his face, melted chocolate chips on his finger tips, yet insisting over and over again he didn't take the last cookie.

You missed him insisting his older brother did it.

spence 07-16-2018 10:37 AM

Watching the Trump/Putin press conference now. This is an embarrassment to our country.

Nebe 07-16-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1146755)
Watching the Trump/Putin press conference now. This is an embarrassment to our country.

Understatement.

JohnR 07-16-2018 12:00 PM

Have not seen it yet - will watch and review tonight. From what I am hearing, not good and unacceptable.

Best to start a new thread with specifics, post conference

spence 07-16-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1146761)
Have not seen it yet - will watch and review tonight. From what I am hearing, not good and unacceptable.

Only thing redeeming was the press did their job.

The Dad Fisherman 07-16-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1146761)

Didn't watch it, but read the transcript....only thing missing was a reach around

scottw 07-16-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1146762)
Only thing redeeming was the press did their job.

and he got a soccer ball....:D

spence 07-16-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1146765)
and he got a soccer ball....:D

Finally, if it were me, I’d check the soccer ball for listening devices and never allow it in the White House. - Lindsey Graham

scottw 07-16-2018 01:09 PM

better than that stupid reset button ;)

PaulS 07-16-2018 01:13 PM

Imagine the uproar if Obama ever said the things Trump did about the US vs Russia.

The Dad Fisherman 07-16-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1146769)
Imagine the uproar if Obama ever said the things Trump did about the US vs Russia.

A) Give it time
B) There's been uproar

RIROCKHOUND 07-16-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1146764)
Didn't watch it, but read the transcript....only thing missing was a reach around

Hard to do a reach around when he was on his knees already...

Got Stripers 07-16-2018 02:15 PM

Can you imagine the frustration in the intelligence community, when they have concrete evidence and proof of Russian meddling, yet even after it's all laid out for our POTUS and Putin to see with 12 new indictments; our president says he believes Putin's denial. It just blows my mind that Trump is either that stupid or something else (money, pee tapes, Putin envy) has him playing right into Putin's hand.

I hope Mueller has the goods on him, I really do. Much as I thought we could live with this clown for four years and hopefully someone would rise to the top and prove to be a worthy opposition candidate; I just can stand what this idiot is doing to our position on the global stage. Are you Trump supporters on board with this BS? Please tell me you aren't all drunk on the same cool aid this idiot is drinking.

Obama already let Russia gain far too much ground in Europe and in the Middle East and now was have a president willing to green light Putin on anything he wants to do. Crap, Trump will even tell Russia to continue it's cyber efforts if it helps his next campaign.

Unbelievable, I am so embarrassed for our country at this point, what an absolute idiot.

PaulS 07-16-2018 02:16 PM

A few have made strong statements- McCain, Sasse, Flake

scottw 07-16-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1146775)

the usual suspects....Hillary? :fury:

The Dad Fisherman 07-16-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1146772)
Hard to do a reach around when he was on his knees already...

:kewl::bshake:

scottw 07-16-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1146770)

A) Give it time

problem is they've been screeching impeachment since before he was sworn in....lunatics crying wolf effect....gone so bat nutty it's just white noise at this point...not offering anything but outrage and indignation...wish I was in a car listening to NPR right now....by this time tomorrow the left will sound and appear worse than trump..again....

The Dad Fisherman 07-16-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1146778)
problem is they've been screeching impeachment since before he was sworn in....lunatics crying wolf effect....gone so bat nutty it's just white noise at this point...not offering anything but outrage and indignation...wish I was in a car listening to NPR right now....by this time tomorrow the left will sound and appear worse than trump..again....

Oh I know, my Facebook newsfeed has already started to explode with my usual cast of characters.

I should have put their names in an envelope and done my impression of the Great Carnac

spence 07-16-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1146775)

I've heard a lot more than that. This is an issue that transcends political parties. I've never heard of a US President trashing the USA standing side by side with an adversary on foreign soil like this ever happening...

Curious how anyone can explain this behavior other than being on a very short leash.

Jim, still winning?

scottw 07-16-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1146783)

I've never heard of a US President trashing the USA

ummmm...Obama?

oh, that's right...when Obama did it, it was brilliant, courageous and forward thinking:D

spence 07-16-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1146784)
ummmm...Obama?

oh, that's right...when Obama did it, it was brilliant, courageous and forward thinking:D

Obama never went anywhere close to this...to even suggest is beyond the pale, or just ignorant.

Got Stripers 07-16-2018 04:13 PM

John McCain said all I’d need to type; spot on.