Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Vintage Lures (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Plastic (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=33479)

Tagger 08-02-2006 07:43 PM

Plastic

This is a vintage forum .. not collector savy .. Would you consider plastic vintage ? no secret I collect plastic ,,you wood horders

capesams 08-02-2006 08:09 PM

:uhuh: 50+ years old..u bet ya......ahh! that put's a few of us here in the vintage era:hidin:

Skitterpop 08-02-2006 08:31 PM

me likey old plastic baits :uhuh:

Tagger.....did you ever get a Cordell Seahag Darter?

Tagger 08-02-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skitterpop
me likey old plastic baits :uhuh:

Tagger.....did you ever get a Cordell Seahag Darter?

:hs: hagless

Skitterpop 08-02-2006 09:09 PM

I`ll bring one and some other goodies to the Plug fest :hee:

Flaptail 08-08-2006 08:43 AM

Atoms, Rhinehart Jinx, Sea Pearls, even some old Rebel plugs when they used to come in boxes ( cardboard top and bottom) and others I cannot remember right now (got crs most mornings now and I ain't good till the afternoon)

Surfsters 08-08-2006 06:37 PM

Tagger nothing wrong with plastics; as a matter of fact I was going to dig out some plastic and do a page for my site this winter......

When the Yo-zuri Crystal Minnows came out; I was going to start a collection of them for my youngest son; never did; wish I had; there are so many discontinued colors now!!!

Who ever thought Bagleys; Big-O's; etc. would be collectable; I have seen some Bagleys sell for a few hundred dollars. People tend to collect what they grew up with and can afford.

Tagger 08-08-2006 06:55 PM

thanks for info ,, great stuff .. ok ,, I'll let you get back to wood ,, I got the plastic covered .. ;) ..My little nephew slayed bass (fresh water)on the little Big-O pearl minus 1 type lip this past spring. I had none ...I just watched him catch,,, he's collecting them .. I tried other makers of the same type lure .. and color ,,,no dice ,, they wanted the big-o

vineyardblues 08-09-2006 07:17 AM

Eddy....wtf is a ? "little Big-O pearl minus 1 type lip "

LOL............................................... .......:bl2:

VB

Skitterpop 08-09-2006 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineyardblues
Eddy....wtf is a ? "little Big-O pearl minus 1 type lip "

LOL............................................... .......:bl2:

VB

yeah what VB said? :hidin:

Tagger 08-09-2006 09:14 PM

well its the small big-o,,, like 1 1/2" long .... Minus 1 is a very short lip ,,swims 1 foot under water .. or minus 1 ... crank bait term ... -5,,,-10 ,,-25 would have a huge lip ... had a manns -25
I think largest Big-o is 6"... thats the largest I have anyway .. sorry Cordell makes the Big-O