Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Muzik (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Bonamassa (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=73493)

Backbeach Jake 09-23-2011 08:48 PM

Bonamassa

Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe (2007) - YouTube

BigFish 09-23-2011 08:53 PM

Fred....get the new "Live" album he has out!!! Awesome!!!:uhuh:

Backbeach Jake 09-23-2011 09:17 PM

Is that the one at the Royal Albert Hall? I saw that on PBS and nearly dropped dead. I wanna be Joe when I grow up!

Tagger 09-24-2011 02:06 AM

Wow that was great ,,, is that his name or the name of the band ?

Tagger 09-24-2011 02:06 AM

oh Joe ... i see it now ..

Backbeach Jake 09-24-2011 06:35 AM

I don't know how he got under my radar, never heard him play until a month ago. PBS had him on. He has a ton of albums. And he just tears a guitar up...

Tagger 09-24-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake (Post 889101)
And he just tears a guitar up...

damm watched it twice so far .. fast and clean ,, very tasteful playing and great dynamics .,

BigFish 09-24-2011 09:22 AM

Listen to "Blues on Sunday" on WZLX Sunday mornings from 9-noon 100.7! You will hear folks you never knew existed!!! Great way to spend 3 hours on a Sunday morning!

Backbeach Jake 09-24-2011 07:34 PM

Thanks, Larry.

Tagger 09-24-2011 10:30 PM

Joe Bonamassa - Burning Hell (2006) Rockpalast - YouTube

Backbeach Jake 09-25-2011 07:45 AM

I don't think that I ever heard a Dobro/Resonator played like that before. Yikes!

Tagger 09-25-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake (Post 889254)
I don't think that I ever heard a Dobro/Resonator played like that before. Yikes!

I was checking his youtubes ,,, anything he does is killer .. I can't tolerate listening to a band with no dynamics.(playing at one level). You can play loud ,, but you have to bring it down too, so you have that punch and accents . It makes the music all that more interesting. (why I like FZ so much )... Not only is this guy a fantastic player he has great dynamics .. Thank You for sharing Mother ... I'm a fan ..

Tagger 09-25-2011 10:53 AM

Home : An Evening with Joe Bonamassa - November 3 -Citi Performing Arts Center Wang Theatre - Boston, MA | Citi Performing Arts Center

Coming to Wang Nov. 3 ... that's a Thursday night ...

Tagger 09-25-2011 03:32 PM

WOW !!!!!

Joe Bonamassa - You Upset Me Baby (2006) Rockpalast - YouTube

Tagger 09-25-2011 05:47 PM

Oh oh oh ... can't stop listening to this guy ..
Joe Bonamassa - Further on up the Road (Featuring Eric Clapton) - Live at the Royal Albert Hall - YouTube

Tagger 09-25-2011 05:56 PM

This kids been around a while ..

12 year old Joe Bonamassa with Danny Gatton - YouTube

Tagger 09-25-2011 05:57 PM

put on this earth to play guitar ..

"Smokin" Joe Bonamassa - 12 years old - YouTube

BigFish 09-25-2011 07:45 PM

Fishchick and I will be in attendance!!!:uhuh:

RIJIMMY 09-26-2011 03:48 PM

if you get the guitar center sessions, its on some cable network, not sure which one, he does a great set where they interview him between songs and is very informal. def a great player. a little too white boy wanky for me, but def a great player.

detbuch 09-26-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 889500)
if you get the guitar center sessions, its on some cable network, not sure which one, he does a great set where they interview him between songs and is very informal. def a great player. a little too white boy wanky for me, but def a great player.

I agree with you. The blues, as created by black musicians was understated. Much was left unsaid between the lines and between the notes. Great technique was not needed, but great feeling was expressed. Sometimes us white folks, me definitely included, say too much and almost anally need to fill in the blanks. Bonamassa fills his pieces to the brim. But there are some where he gets subtle, slow, with space. It was very interesting to see, through the videos here how he matured from the precocious little boy who had only a mature technique, to a man who has some soul (white boy wanky soul) to give his great technical mastery some meaning. Definitely good stuff.

Tagger 09-26-2011 08:03 PM

I was also suspect of the white boy wanky .. Until I saw his video's as a kid who's friends wanted him to play metal .. Another Dime Bag ? ,, Nahh ,, This kid wanted to bend notes... Yea,, he was born to play blues ,, While on the subject ,, How many white men can you name that have soul .. .

RIJIMMY 09-26-2011 08:35 PM

debtuch got what I was saying, BB King, Buddy Guy, Guitar Slim, Freddie King and countless others where brilliant players but never played a song over 3 minutes, never mind a solo that long. White guys - post clapton (and hendrix) play 20 minute solos. Its great and I love it, but its self indulgent wank. Solos dont compliment the song, they are the song. Nothing wrong with that. Im a huge jazz fan, but its different.
JB is a great player, not taking anything away from him.
White guys with soul? I dont think soul is a race thing, there are plenty
- Jeff Beck
- SRV and Jimmie
- Joe Pass
- Johnnie Smith
- Hank Williams
- Johnnie Cash
- George Jones
the freakin BeeGees had soul

I can go on and on. I think soul is expressing yourself with confidence and that confidence allows you to go outside of the "norm" without worrying about it. It sort of gives you the freedom in music.

Once again, not taking ANYTHING away from JB. Great player.
-

BigFish 09-26-2011 09:13 PM

Is he considered a "Blues" prodigy?? Or simply a "Guitar" prodigy who can play rock and blues??? For you to decide....I just think the guy kicks ass!!!:uhuh:

Sea Dangles 09-27-2011 08:37 AM

Even Richard Nixon has got soul.

Backbeach Jake 09-27-2011 05:25 PM

Joe's folks have a music shop. He got to rub elbows at birth, practically, with some great musicians. And was given a gift from God. A perfect storm of talent, tutoring and opportunity. And he's made the most of it. That my friends is soul to the "Nth" degree....the understanding, the dedication and the awareness that it all comes with a debt of responsibility. Kid's a treasure..

ProfessorM 09-27-2011 07:17 PM

always luved his cover of this Tull tune and this Zep tune. Both done extremely well. BTW both albums are great too.

Joe Bonamassa- Discography - YouTube

JOE BONAMASSA:-'TEA FOR ONE' - YouTube

Van 10-11-2011 01:01 PM

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...bonamassa.html

Lets talk more I am psyched !!!!!!!!!!:jump1::jump1::jump1: