Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Slipknot (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94531)

Nebe 12-07-2018 05:11 PM

Slipknot

Has anyone talked to Bruce in the past few days? I heard he ran some of his fingers through his joiner...

My thoughts go out to him and I hope it’s just a nibble and not a serious injury.

PaulS 12-07-2018 05:17 PM

Hope he is ok.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy 12-07-2018 05:20 PM

Geeees, that’s terrible, hope it’s not too serious Bruce, t&p

Got Stripers 12-07-2018 05:24 PM

Good thoughts, I know what power tools can do, been there and done that with a chop saw.

numbskull 12-07-2018 06:29 PM

Ugh. A hard injury for someone who makes his living with his hands. Heal fast, Slip.

ProfessorM 12-07-2018 06:48 PM

Just talked to Bruce he did a pretty good job on a few finger tips of both hands. He says he’ll be ok but going to be a while.

Slipknot 12-07-2018 06:58 PM

Thanks I'll be alright, still have my fingers(most of them)
i'm pissed at myself but i will heal

bad accident with the tips of both middle fingers hitting my 5 hp 18" powermatic surface thickness planer. i stopped planing for a few minutes shutting down dust collector and planer then went back and only turned on the dust collector and cleared the chips out , i have a door flapper where it meets the top of planer. i had headphones on and must have forgot i turned the planer back on, went to swish away some more chips and it happened in an instance, lost both middle fingernails and broke both fingers. lucky it was not worse. the right hand is worse as it is a compound fracture and needs more surgery i imagine. going back to B I on monday to assess. the emergency room in boston called in a hand doc and he stitched what he could, we left there yesterday morning, home now

melissa is taking good care of me. i dont need pain killers, just keeping them elevated.

niko 12-07-2018 08:18 PM

Oh man that’s horrible, hope it heals quick

Ian 12-07-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1157022)
Thanks I'll be alright, still have my fingers(most of them)
i'm pissed at myself but i will heal

bad accident with the tips of both middle fingers hitting my 5 hp 18" powermatic surface thickness planer. i stopped planing for a few minutes shutting down dust collector and planer then went back and only turned on the dust collector and cleared the chips out , i have a door flapper where it meets the top of planer. i had headphones on and must have forgot i turned the planer back on, went to swish away some more chips and it happened in an instance, lost both middle fingernails and broke both fingers. lucky it was not worse. the right hand is worse as it is a compound fracture and needs more surgery i imagine. going back to B I on monday to assess. the emergency room in boston called in a hand doc and he stitched what he could, we left there yesterday morning, home now

melissa is taking good care of me. i dont need pain killers, just keeping them elevated.

I’m having a hard time imagining how that story leaves you capable to type it! Hope you feel better quickly, things that involve fingers get scary real very quickly... you start to realize how much you take them for granted

fishgolf 12-07-2018 08:54 PM

Yikes! Glad it wasn't worse. Heal fast and Happy Holidays.

Slipknot 12-07-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 1157025)
I’m having a hard time imagining how that story leaves you capable to type it! Hope you feel better quickly, things that involve fingers get scary real very quickly... you start to realize how much you take them for granted

I’m like a marine , I adapt, improvise, overcome.
Thanks

maddog2020 12-07-2018 09:10 PM

Ouch, that can't be too much fun. Hope you will be OK, Bruce. It doesn't take much for an oops for something like that to happen. It is a reminder to everyone to be extra careful regardless of how many years of experience you have.

Nebe 12-07-2018 09:18 PM

I’m thinking of you Bruce ! Heal up !

chris L 12-07-2018 09:29 PM

Bruce
Hope it they better , You know it only takes that split second!

I bet your wife is taking good care of you .

Are your fingers more even now ?

Don't worry it won't hurt your casting ability .

afterhours 12-07-2018 09:33 PM

Heal fast Slip.

Sea Dangles 12-07-2018 10:42 PM

You will be back to shooting eggs in no time Bruce

Renegade6 12-07-2018 11:58 PM

Bud- if BI is BIDMC, PM me

pbadad 12-08-2018 06:27 AM

Bruce sorry to hear . Wishing you a full recovery soon.

JohnR 12-08-2018 08:36 AM

WOW Bruce!!! This is not the way to go to take a couple weeks off around the holidays.

HOpe you heal up fast and good bud!!!

PaulS 12-08-2018 08:37 AM

Bruce, best wishes for a full recovery and hope you're not out of work long

piemma 12-08-2018 09:12 AM

Bruce, thinking about you. Take care and rest!

Pete F. 12-08-2018 10:28 AM

Get well

Rockfish9 12-08-2018 10:54 AM

You know...now..if the Pats win in Miami tomorrow you'll have to make a sacrifice each year when they play down there!

nightfighter 12-08-2018 11:06 AM

Spoke with Bruce a bit yesterday. Had to talk about other stuff as talking about it gives me the chills. It is a fear we in the trades live with daily.... So many things we take for granted. I hope this phase of healing goes well for the future repair surgeries to be minimal, Bruce. And best wishes for your bride as well.....

Same sick feeling I got when I heard about the wood chipper accident on the Cape a week ago....

spence 12-08-2018 11:12 AM

This hurts just reading about it. Two nails you must have bled out. Heal fast.

Nebe 12-08-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1157053)
Spoke with Bruce a bit yesterday. Had to talk about other stuff as talking about it gives me the chills. It is a fear we in the trades live with daily.... So many things we take for granted. I hope this phase of healing goes well for the future repair surgeries to be minimal, Bruce. And best wishes for your bride as well.....

Same sick feeling I got when I heard about the wood chipper accident on the Cape a week ago....

I know that feeling. In fact I wasn’t sure I should post this thread as it’s a sensitive subject but I was just concerned and hoped someone could give an update.

I got whacked by a table saw this spring cutting a piece of 1/2” MDF and while I didn’t get cut by the blade, the kickback felt like I got shot. Half of my belly was black and purple for weeks and I will probably have a scar for life...

spence 12-08-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1157055)
I know that feeling. In fact I wasn’t sure I should post this thread as it’s a sensitive subject but I was just concerned and hoped someone could give an update.

I got whacked by a table saw this spring cutting a piece of 1/2” MDF and while I didn’t get cut by the blade, the kickback felt like I got shot. Half of my belly was black and purple for weeks and I will probably have a scar for life...

Well, I assume you were wearing safety glasses, had the blade guard properly installed and were using push sticks :devil2:

vineyardblues 12-08-2018 12:30 PM

Ouch,
Need any brownies just ask :)

Nebe 12-08-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1157060)
Well, I assume you were wearing safety glasses, had the blade guard properly installed and were using push sticks :devil2:

I was

Clammer 12-08-2018 04:29 PM

sorry Bruce that really sucks / but in the positive . lucky that you have real big hands ><>