Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Obama Trifecta (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=61785)

Fly Rod 01-25-2010 05:29 PM

Obama Trifecta

President Obama just completed the UNHOLY and ANTI-AMERICAN TRIFECTA:

1st president in 110 years to miss the annual Army-Navy Football Game.
1st president to not attend any Christmas religious observance.
1st president to stay on vacation after a terrorist attack.

The Dad Fisherman 01-25-2010 05:51 PM

Do you guys ever take a few seconds to fact Check......or are you as bad as the Liberal media putting this crap out there.....you're S-B's own Dan Rather.

snopes.com: The Obama Trifecta

JohnnyD 01-25-2010 05:52 PM

1) Does anyone actually care about the Army-Navy Football Game?
2) In a secular government, this shouldn't even been discussed
3) *Failed* terrorist attack.

You pull this one from Rush this morning or something?

JohnnyD 01-25-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 742183)
Do you guys ever take a few seconds to fact Check......or are you as bad as the Liberal media putting this crap out there.....you're S-B's own Dan Rather.

snopes.com: The Obama Trifecta

:rotf2::rotf2:

Thanks TDF. There's nothing like completely plagiarizing something. It's even better when the ripped off material is bulls#$t.

Thanks for the laugh Fly Rod. At least next time post that you're ripping it off and the post won't be *as* bad. How many of your other posts are complete rip offs that you've represented as your own?

Nebe 01-25-2010 06:05 PM

FAIL..... (facepalm)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

buckman 01-25-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 742184)
1) Does anyone actually care about the Army-Navy Football Game?
2) In a secular government, this shouldn't even been discussed
3) *Failed* terrorist attack.

1) tradition means nothing to Obama or JD

2) He played the part while stumping for his job.He'll be back in the front pew in 2012.

3) at least you admit the guy was a terrorist:rotf2:

PaulS 01-25-2010 07:40 PM

I do get a laugh out of threads like this.

scottw 01-25-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 742184)
1) Does anyone actually care about the Army-Navy Football Game? Obama clearly does not, but the previous however many thought it was a nice gesture
2) In a secular government, this shouldn't even been discussed better get rid of that White House Christmas tree then...secular governement and all
3) *Failed* terrorist attack. barely

Rush was out today

Nebe 01-25-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 742233)
I do get a laugh out of threads like this.

The sad thing is that many people read crap like this and don't know it's false. Kinda sad if you ask me.

scottw 01-25-2010 07:53 PM

so you are saying he did go to the game
did go to Christmas mass
did respond quickly to the underwear bomber's attempt?

everyone has been wondering where Rham Emmanuel has been...I think he's running snopes...

JohnnyD 01-25-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 742237)
The sad thing is that many people read crap like this and don't know it's false. Kinda sad if you ask me.

This is like people that didn't vote for Brown because of Coakley's inaccurate tv ads. One person said to me, "How could you vote for Brown? He doesn't want rape victims to get the morning after pill." People see/hear/read something from one of their "trusted sources" (read: people that complain about the same folks I do) and they accept it as gospel.

People should carry over "Just because you see it on tv, doesn't mean it's true" to the internet and radio.

scottw 01-25-2010 08:01 PM

you guys should be this tough on Obama when he lies and makes stuff up...:uhuh:

buckman 01-25-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 742247)

Never happened...just a little "backtracking" thats all.

The Dad Fisherman 01-25-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 742247)

You guys aren't politicians.....show me one that doesn't lie and make stuff up.

RIJIMMY 01-26-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 742237)

coming from the king of the wacky anti-bush, halliburton, 9/11 was planned gang?

Raven 01-26-2010 03:18 PM

i am not allowed to comment.

like i care :rotf2:

Fly Rod 01-26-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 742239)
This is like people that didn't vote for Brown because of Coakley's inaccurate tv ads. One person said to me, "How could you vote for Brown? He doesn't want rape victims to get the morning after pill." People see/hear/read something from one of their "trusted sources" (read: people that complain about the same folks I do) and they accept it as gospel.

People should carry over "Just because you see it on tv, doesn't mean it's true" to the internet and radio.

Come on JD, you mean to tell me that because I seen Santa on TV that there is no Santa, no Tinker Bell, Casper the Ghost and no Popeye. I am shocked!

buckman 01-26-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 742456)
Come on JD, you mean to tell me that because I seen Santa on TV that there is no Santa, no Tinker Bell, Casper the Ghost and no Popeye. I am shocked!

You forgot Obama's "Change"

JohnnyD 01-26-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 742456)

I'm sure you are. I'd figure you of all people would be surprised that not everything you see on tv or hear on the radio is true.:smash:

The Dad Fisherman 01-27-2010 11:38 AM

I guess this one is OK....

A “Trifecta” of Nonsense | FactCheck.org

PaulS 01-27-2010 12:44 PM

The Army/Navy game hasn't been good for a # of years. The Navy coach did cry at the end though.

The Dad Fisherman 01-27-2010 01:27 PM

I've been enjoying them...

PaulS 01-27-2010 01:39 PM

Yhea, I still watch them but for the most part they aren't good games. The pagentry is pretty good. We went down to Baltimore for the weekend for a Navy game a few years ago which was fun. If you haven't, you should go to West Point for a game, pretty neat, it overlooks the Hudson. I went once when there wasn't a game and walked around and went in the museum. All the plebes (?) would salute every time they walk by you. The grounds were spotless.

The Dad Fisherman 01-27-2010 02:43 PM

We actually went to a Boy Scout Camporee there a few years ago.....completely run by the cadets. 4000+ scouts gathered there. Awesome time