Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   they dont get it (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=67136)

RIJIMMY 11-03-2010 10:56 AM

they dont get it

Having survived a strong re-election challenge and seen the Democratic majority in the Senate slip to one, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he's eager to work with Republicans to craft legislation and create jobs."It's important we realize we have some work to do," Reid said on CNN's "American Morning." "... We need to stop using words like 'chastened' and I think what we have to do is recognize that all of us, all of us who are going to be in Senate, have to work together. That's the message from the American people.

"We must work together, and I am looking forward to that. ... I think this is a time we need to set aside our speeches and start rolling up our sleeves and have a little sweat on our brow."

harry, the people dont want MORE LEGISLATION! Didnt you hear that loud and clear? Did you read any of the tea party signs? See the exit polls? The solution is NOT YOU. I bet Obama echoes this 100%. They are so programmed to think they are the solution, they are not listening and never will.

likwid 11-03-2010 12:02 PM

http://www.savvydaddy.com/files/images/cryingbaby_0.jpg

Nebe 11-03-2010 12:29 PM

http://arikia.files.wordpress.com/20...mponfrank1.jpg

RIJIMMY 11-03-2010 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
actually think this is more appropriate picture although the prior two depict Democrats accurately

likwid 11-03-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 807630)
actually think this is more appropriate picture although the prior two depict Democrats accurately

While a valiant attempt, neither of us are african american, nor do we wear suits, and we're not the ones crying like a little baby and making multiple threads. :rotf2:

RIJIMMY 11-03-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 807637)
While a valiant attempt, neither of us are african american, nor do we wear suits, and we're not the ones crying like a little baby and making multiple threads. :rotf2:

thats supposed to be Obama. Why would I be crying? Did you see what happened last night?
Even better, your boys still dont have a clue why. Remember what happened after Carter Likwid. Reagan. Its coming!

spence 11-03-2010 03:50 PM

This is exactly the pickle the incoming Republicans are in. They've made promises that they can't keep...

The reality is that there's a larger cycle going on that transcends ideology and will dictate the actions of the leadership regardless of their Party. You can't solve problems through inaction, so we will get more action.

The real question is if we're at the end of the cycle, which I don't think we really are. It's going to be another decade before we really correct.

Island Girl knows exactly what I'm talking about. :smokin:

-spence

likwid 11-03-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 807639)
thats supposed to be Obama. Why would I be crying? Did you see what happened last night?
Even better, your boys still dont have a clue why. Remember what happened after Carter Likwid. Reagan. Its coming!

Keep it up, you'll get him re-elected. :rotf2:

seabuggy 11-03-2010 09:16 PM

Did anybody see Obama's speech today? He is so upset, he was almost incoherant. He wants to keep what he got during his first two years. He dosen't get it. He thinks we are recovering without jobs. He thinks Americans should be happy with Universal Healthcare and no jobs. Maybe I'm wrong, would anyone who is unemployed, choose healthcare over a job?

striperman36 11-03-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seabuggy (Post 807723)
Did anybody see Obama's speech today? He is so upset, he was almost incoherant. He wants to keep what he got during his first two years. He dosen't get it. He thinks we are recovering without jobs. He thinks Americans should be happy with Universal Healthcare and no jobs. Maybe I'm wrong, would anyone who is unemployed, choose healthcare over a job?

Anybody will take anything if you give it to them without charge. Ask Auntie Zunie, it's their right.

Nebe 11-03-2010 09:49 PM

YouTube - Girl goes crazy with her cam's special effects

spence 11-03-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 807726)

Incredible.

-spence

JohnR 11-04-2010 07:18 AM

Funny :rotf2: - Go Spark another Fatty and watch it - oh, wait, you did :buds:

Nebe 11-04-2010 07:26 AM

Everyone who buys a MacBook does that when they first buy one. It's step 1 in how apple brainwashes you. :)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 11-04-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 807782)
Everyone who buys a MacBook does that when they first buy one. It's step 1 in how apple brainwashes you. :)

Been debating on a MacBook this year - MicroCenter often has the best deal. Course I'd run both.

Or I may just build a Hackintosh.

Nebe 11-04-2010 07:37 AM

I run a 15" MacBook pro. It's an amazing machine.