Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   RM Smith Lures (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Update (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=48521)

Labrador1 04-17-2008 09:38 PM

Update

Just thought I'd let folks know that I have been doing some renovations here and have not really put out very many plugs over the past few weeks. I decided it was time to make my shop a little more comfortable to work in - and a little less "dungeon like". It is now officially a little less "dungeon like" but not much :). I'm away for a week starting tomorrow and after that I'll be back at it and slightly more efficient. My little business is small - but I hope to be able to get more out in the coming weeks.

Ryan

Gunpowder 04-17-2008 11:33 PM

if you need help building some plugs... i only work for a few plugs an hour. i guess you really can't screw up throwing some split rings and hooks on can you :hihi:

got any new pics of the renovated dungeon? must look like a palace :)

eastendlu 04-18-2008 08:55 AM

I bet all you did was hang a curtain over a window.:rotf2:

jim sylvester 04-18-2008 11:06 AM

or rearange the dead scotch soldiers on the shelves:buds:

cow tamer 04-18-2008 12:07 PM

Eagles show up yet??

Labrador1 04-22-2008 10:55 PM

I just realized we have computer access at this house - so I'm sitting here in North Carolina looking at dead scotch soldiers on the table :). Actually was just out on the deck chunking a mullet (casting from the deck). Didn't hook a fish - but just thought it would make a good story if I had. Vacations always make me realize the important things in life - mainly that I wish I could spend more of my life on vacation :).

GattaFish 04-22-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labrador1 (Post 584610)
I just realized we have computer access at this house - so I'm sitting here in North Carolina looking at dead scotch soldiers on the table :). Actually was just out on the deck chunking a mullet (casting from the deck). Didn't hook a fish - but just thought it would make a good story if I had. Vacations always make me realize the important things in life - mainly that I wish I could spend more of my life on vacation :).

My hats off to all you commercial builders,,, I could never do what you guys do,,,, It just takes all the fun out of a great hobby and turns it into a job,,,

Sometimes it is ok to enjoy life a little more and take extra vacations,,,, Doing the things you enjoy for fun is very important for your own personal health in the long run,,,,,

My grandfather used to say,,, Enjoy life today because tomorrow may never come.

eastendlu 04-23-2008 08:25 AM

A wise man once said "Do what you love for a living and you will never work a day in your life"

Raven 04-26-2008 01:23 AM

sure LU , you betcha

your funny Ryan :gu:

tattoobob 04-26-2008 03:20 PM

Raven what are you doing up at 2:23am?

Nebe 04-26-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastendlu (Post 584655)
A wise man once said "Do what you love for a living and you will never work a day in your life"

I beg to disagree. I dont care what it is that you love to do, but If your financial future, or your children's future depends on your 'passion' you can bet your bottom dollar that you will never love your craft or trade in the same way as you did before there were dollar signs attached to it..