Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Computers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Downloading DVD's to Ipod (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=56284)

pmueller 03-31-2009 09:45 PM

Downloading DVD's to Ipod

How do I do it?

pmueller 04-05-2009 07:46 AM

Darn , I was hoping for some luck here.

ProfessorM 04-06-2009 10:58 AM

I would think it would go the same as a cd, which i just posted how to do thinking you said CD's not DVD's then i noticed, being a pea brain that I am, and deleted it. File, add to library, import DVD, I would think. Paul

eskimo 04-06-2009 12:54 PM

They need to be in Mpeg4 format to be viewable on a ipod, otherwise they will just store as data.

search for a converter, I think I use Isquint but if you have a PC you might have to find something compatible.

fid 04-06-2009 01:20 PM

Or just use handbrake. Just do a google search for "ipod handbrake".

Cool Beans 04-06-2009 03:16 PM

These guys have several converters that format video to MPEG4 IPOD.
http://www.alloksoft.com/

I haven't used them to convert straight from dvd before, but works well with taking full size mpegs and formatting to IPOD screen size, takes a 1 gig movie and makes it a 115k movie, to allow several to fit on the IPOD. I checked their site and it looks like they have dvd type converters also. Good Luck...

JohnnyD 04-06-2009 03:58 PM

I've dabbled with this a bit - wanted to get one of my seasons of House on my my ipod for cardio days at the gym. One of the problems I'm having difficulty overcoming is losing sync of the audio to video as the movie progresses. Anywhere from 5-15 minutes, there is a noticeable lack of sync in the audio tracks. Has been driving me insane trying to resolve it.

My understanding though is that to reliably create a file, you need two programs. One to rip the file off the DVD with the audio/video tracks, and then another to convert those into a working mpeg4 file.

pmueller 04-06-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 679802)
I've dabbled with this a bit - wanted to get one of my seasons of House on my my ipod for cardio days at the gym. One of the problems I'm having difficulty overcoming is losing sync of the audio to video as the movie progresses. Anywhere from 5-15 minutes, there is a noticeable lack of sync in the audio tracks. Has been driving me insane trying to resolve it.

My understanding though is that to reliably create a file, you need two programs. One to rip the file off the DVD with the audio/video tracks, and then another to convert those into a working mpeg4 file.

Thanks for the responses.
This would make sense. I was given the suggestion to use a free download called "handbrake". Nothing really seems to happen. idk.

GattaFish 04-06-2009 04:50 PM

oops,,,, thought you meant cd,,,

HighTide 04-08-2009 09:11 AM

Handbrake

crash 04-08-2009 03:56 PM

I use 1CLICK DVDTOIPOD for my ipod video.

Nate 05-31-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmueller (Post 678311)
How do I do it?

PMueller, I think that if you wanted to Download a video of some sort onto your iPod you would upload it just like you would a CD. Then once this uploads, go into your Library. While there, find the movie, click and drag it onto your iPod.

I think this'll work.

"Go Sox!"

pmueller 11-14-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 691153)
PMueller, I think that if you wanted to Download a video of some sort onto your iPod you would upload it just like you would a CD. Then once this uploads, go into your Library. While there, find the movie, click and drag it onto your iPod.

I think this'll work.

"Go Sox!"

So, I would need to go to itunes, down load the cd and that should be it?