Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   So?, what did you get yesterday? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=69344)

Slipknot 02-20-2011 09:35 AM

So?, what did you get yesterday?

2 Attachment(s)
what did you guys get in trade or winnings or given or ho'd?

I finally had some time to make some plugs to bring this year to trade with people, it was a lot of fun. and some were very generous:uhuh: thank you all

here is what I got

the second picture I can't identify who made these as my brain is fried, can someone help me out? nevermind, got it figured out now

I know the other makers.

striperman36 02-20-2011 09:37 AM

One of the best pulled pork sandwiches

WoodyCT 02-20-2011 09:53 AM

A sweet spook from Ted.

A nice Musso clone from Chris.

And a dry but tasty blondie from the dessert table.

My boy did better- A neat little Danny from Glenn, a sweet little surfster from Rockfish, and a tasty little Danny from Ted. Thanks to all!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

texican 02-20-2011 10:13 AM

Bruce,

Mac pencil is from "Town" and little weasel is from "StiperCrazy", Yellow pencil looks like Ronnies from Maine but not 100% on that one.

Mokes 02-20-2011 10:30 AM

Looks like that swimmer is one of Teds?

Slipknot 02-20-2011 10:33 AM

Yep, thanks
same epoxy and color as a skinny swimmer I got also, I should have known

PRBuzz 02-20-2011 11:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Photos of what I started with (ODM made plugs in bags) and what I finished the day with.

Easiest trade of the day: 2 bottles of Sam Adams Winter Lager to Saltydog!:cheers2:

Rockfish9 02-20-2011 12:06 PM

I'll have to take a few pictures, I gave away more than I traded for,.. which for me is the norm.. and recieved a few very special ones as well.. Thanks Slip, Salty dog and Professor for my treasurs... Paul.. you know I'll copy and tinker with those two darters.. I love the size of those little work horses and the history of the masters that created the originals...Bruce... I simply adore that plug... as soon as I go off line I have to go down to re-assemble my shop and place that plug on the wall of fame... Rick, same goes for that awsome bananna pluy.. thats IF. I can bribe Nancy into letting me have it... she is going to make me promise NOT to fish it.... also Felicia.. who has traded with me every plugfest I have been at.... she is single handly resposnible for my suypply of canal pencils.. a plug I do NOT build.. there are a few others, I just need to unpack to figure them out....Thanks again to every one that stopped by and said hello and looked at my "science" project...

Slipknot 02-20-2011 12:09 PM

hey your very welcome Joe
and I am gonna fish my saltydog banana /spook/slider whatever it is plug. gotta be 10" long

Biteme 02-20-2011 02:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got a bunch from Grumpy, Slip, Lower, Numbskull and even stinky. I might even fish that darter, George :biglaugh: Thanks to everybody who put this together!

tysdad115 02-20-2011 03:09 PM

We won four raffle plugs, I swear Tyler had to rig it somehow. Also got some great stuff from Saltydog, blondterror, swimmer, numbskull, cc tackle, eskimo, skippy, slipknot and many more. Thanks to all.

gone fishin 02-20-2011 04:00 PM

Man all I got yesterday is a case of jealous !!! :fury: I couldn't get there and really miss this event.

nightfighter 02-20-2011 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was not worthy, but managed some from Numby, BB, Stripermainiac, Rockfish, Iamskippy, and another I did not make note of...:smash: along with a lot of tied hooks, tails and trasers from Bob! I neglected to pour over Paul's book of detailed measurements and weightings:smash::smash: But I did manage to record a number of Numby's xray file!!! Thanks again to all!

blondterror 02-20-2011 04:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I traded for some very sweet plugs from Woody CT, Numbskull, Big D, Chef Chris, Salty Dog, Mike OD (2), Slipknot, unknown beautiful large pencil, Lower, and Backbeach

can't wait to fish all of them this season

Thanks for these awesome plugs...

blondterror 02-20-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 838451)
I was not worthy, but managed some from Numby, BB, Stripermainiac, Rockfish, Iamskippy, and another I did not make note of...:smash: along with a lot of tied hooks, tails and trasers from Bob! I neglected to pour over Paul's book of detailed measurements and weightings:smash::smash: But I did manage to record a number of Numby's xray file!!! Thanks again to all!

What is the top plug in the Xray Picture... is it a Musso Darter? The 2nd one looks like a Cuttyhunk Popper

Diggin Jiggin 02-20-2011 04:53 PM

I got some neat stuff but better than the stuff is just gleaning ideas and inspiration from talking to guys and looking at all the pluggage in that room. Happens every year. I'll be in the middle of something (in this case needles), I go to plugfest & now I have no interest in the working on those needles and want to get started on trying something else...

A lot of great builders, and a lot of great fisherman in that room yesterday. Next year I need to have more stuff ready to bring to swap...

blondterror 02-20-2011 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oops.... I forgot about the gorgeous large BM needle that Tysdad traded for one of my plugs.... his son is fun to trade with.... This is my first real BM plug that I own... now I can clone it...
:biglaugh:

the greek 02-20-2011 05:06 PM

Had a great day seeing people I haven't in a while and got to swap for a bunch of great stuff again this year. Again I didn't make it around the room as much as I wanted to but I do that every year. Everyone's stuff just keeps getting better and better every year. I have usually had enough of building for the winter by now but I actually turned a few things this morning. I always see something that makes me want to try something new when I get home. Thanks everyone who swapped stuff with me. I made out like a bandit.

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/fst11015.jpg

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/fst11017.jpg

numbskull 02-20-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondterror (Post 838456)
What is the top plug in the Xray Picture... is it a Musso Darter? The 2nd one looks like a Cuttyhunk Popper

Creek chub surf darter

numbskull 02-20-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondterror (Post 838461)
. This is my first real BM plug that I own... now I can clone it...
:biglaugh:

Got that xray as well

JohnR 02-20-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 838439)
We won four raffle plugs, I swear Tyler had to rig it somehow. Also got some great stuff from Saltydog, blondterror, swimmer, numbskull, cc tackle, eskimo, skippy, slipknot and many more. Thanks to all.

Remember - you owe your son $4

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull (Post 838479)
Got that xray as well

:rotf2:

I got a bunch of cool stuff, just showed my wife the Pat's BB plug. She kept saying REALLY? REALLY? :rotf2:

Slipknot 02-20-2011 06:40 PM

tell her YES really!
then explain to her I do many cabinet jobs for him and his ex.

oh ya, bring that to TFCTFN and I'll bring mine so we can get a picture of them, I forgot

Backbeach Jake 02-20-2011 06:41 PM

Came home with a Patriot Pikie and a Bill Couch Popper, Swimmer. And inspiration...priceless!! Not to mention the tutorial in surf bag building. Always a pleasure and education, George. Thanks, all!

PRBuzz 02-20-2011 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull (Post 838479)
Got that xray as well

When I went down deep in your stack of X-rays, found this one too.:)

Slipknot 02-20-2011 06:43 PM

Ted the greek, you DID make out well :eek: you got like 40 plugs there :btu: good going.
you don't get around the room much because people seek you out :D and come to you:uhuh:

Biteme, how'd ya get so many grumpy plugs? I never even saw his:wall:

numbskull 02-20-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake (Post 838484)
Always a pleasure and education, George. Thanks, all!

Crap, Fred. I meant to give you a plug but got talking and forgot. :smash:

Slipknot 02-20-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBuzz (Post 838485)
When I went down deep in your stack of X-rays, found this one too.:)

LOL
is that what OD Mike used as a reference for his barbie plug?

BigFish 02-20-2011 06:53 PM

Unfortunately I am hearing someone went home with something that they had no right to take with them???:fury: There is one in every crowd!

Hookedagain 02-20-2011 08:47 PM

If you're talking about the bag of plugs that was taken from that little boy, that is aweful. He'd been collecting all day and storing them like a squrel hiding nuts for the winter, and at the end someone just walks away the kids bag!?!? NOT COOL!!!

Correction, bag was misplaced

Hookedagain 02-20-2011 08:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My son won a raffle plug, got some stuff that was owed to me and Jake manage to sweet talk a few nice plugs out of a couple different guys. Overall we ended up with a Professor M, Slipknot, Chefchris, ODMike, Texican, Rockfish, Happy as a clam, and the raffle plug was a BidD needle. Thanks everyone. I will not be at TFCTFN, have a blast.