Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Sunrise from the 5th floor (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=85411)

Swimmer 03-21-2014 06:12 AM

Sunrise from the 5th floor

This is the start of my second full day in South Shore Hospital. Looking east this morning out the window in anticipation of sunrise, which did not disappoint, I couldn't help but think of the first false dawn of this coming seaon on the canal. Hopefully today I'l be able to take the nuclear stress test, and then go home. It seems I inherited Afib from my mother. Only showed started showing a couple of weeks ago. Chalked up the dizzy stuff to dehydration, but drinking gallons more fluid than normal only made me pee more. New blood pressure meds and a couple of other things and hopefully wont have to shocked back into the correct sinus rythym. Anyway, with my current roomate sleep is highly overrated, but a much coveted need, which maybe I'll get more of layer.

BigFish 03-21-2014 07:10 AM

Hey Frank hope you are feeling better buddy! Had no idea! Get out of there....Spring is supposedly here and the fish can't be far behind! ;)

Sea Dangles 03-21-2014 08:10 AM

Get well and get out of there.

BigBo 03-21-2014 08:29 AM

Hope you're home and feeling better soon Frank.

Jackbass 03-21-2014 10:16 AM

I also deal wit A Fib. Started for me at 24. I had my first Cath lab at 25. Unfortunately no ability to repair just medicate for me. I understand that feeling. I have not had the dizziness but the stars and shortness of breath and anxiety feeling not fun. Get plenty of rest. Sleeplessness makes the condition worse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Higgie 03-21-2014 02:39 PM

Feel better frank.

Swimmer 03-21-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackbass (Post 1036140)
I also deal wit A Fib. Started for me at 24. I had my first Cath lab at 25. Unfortunately no ability to repair just medicate for me. I understand that feeling. I have not had the dizziness but the stars and shortness of breath and anxiety feeling not fun. Get plenty of rest. Sleeplessness makes the condition worse.

I didn't have it until recently, two weeks that I can identify, but a nurse alluded to the fact that I had it a little longer. At least one more day Meghan, my buddy, the nurse says.

I have to tell you that service at SSH is A1. These people cannot do enough for you. The food is awesome, and plenty of it.

tysdad115 03-21-2014 04:10 PM

Hope you feel better soon Frank.

Swimmer 03-24-2014 06:55 PM

The cardiologists at SSH zapped me this morning hopefully curing my Afib. They couldn't control my heart rate with drugs, so they stuck an utra sound tube down my throat after apppropriate drug induced haize was established, during which I was told I didn't embarass myself, and checked for any blood clots or other damage. When neither was seen the US was extracted and they doctors zapped me once, and re-established the sinus rythym in the top half of my heart.

BigBo 03-24-2014 07:13 PM

Heard you're going home too Frank. Good news.

BigFish 03-24-2014 07:26 PM

You home yet Frank??

Raider Ronnie 03-24-2014 08:00 PM

Get better Frank

Jackbass 03-24-2014 08:18 PM

My electro cardiologist is Caribbean and one of the best around. My first time getting knocked out by him when I came out of my haze I said all kinda of stuff about smoking a fatty with him. And he knows what I am talking about. Then I proceeded to realize I had to take a leak. I was told I just had at which point I whipped off my sheets and grabbed my catheter laden you know what in front of my entire family. Yep I embarrassed myself enough for you too.

Slingah 03-24-2014 10:21 PM

Hope you're well Frank!

afterhours 03-25-2014 06:25 AM

get well soon frank!

JohnR 03-25-2014 07:05 AM

Good luck Frank - holler if you need anything

Know a few people dealing with this right now.

Clammer 03-25-2014 07:53 AM

Frank , you,ll be OK .glad they are working of your problem now , instead of [AFTER} enjoy the view , be glad you can see it :fishin:

Swimmer 03-25-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBo (Post 1036530)
Heard you're going home too Frank. Good news.

Thanks for stopping by, sorry I wasn't there you and Larry both

Swimmer 03-25-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 1036532)
You home yet Frank??

Got home around five. Just chilling for a few days. Get to a couple of follow up appointments, and looking forward to fishing. Going to miss tfctfn for the first time ever.

BigBo 03-25-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 1036584)
Thanks for stopping by, sorry I wasn't there you and Larry both

No worries. Just glad to hear you're doing better.

Slipknot 03-26-2014 10:43 AM

good to see you are on the mend Frank
take it easy

JohnR 03-27-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 1036585)
Got home around five. Just chilling for a few days. Get to a couple of follow up appointments, and looking forward to fishing. Going to miss tfctfn for the first time ever.

We'll send everyone home by your house so you can still see all the drunks :love:

Glad you are home & resting!

Swimmer 03-27-2014 09:41 AM

Thanks

piemma 03-28-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 1036585)

Don't worry about it. There will be many more you WILL attend.
Just take care of the aFib. It can be debilitating.