Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Costa Rica intel. (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=99252)

MAKAI 04-04-2024 06:44 PM

Costa Rica intel.

A few of us are contemplating a bucket trip to Costa Rica in 2025. We are all around 70 years young. Our idea is a beach lodge with easy access to Pacific side fishing. Ideally Roosterfish on top. We don’t need a glitzy resort. Just sit by a pool after a long day fishing sipping a beer.
Anyone have any experience with this or recommendations ?
Thanks.

Tropic Star in Panama gets good reviews, but it’s Panama.

JohnR 04-04-2024 07:07 PM

And Safe :eyes:

redlite 04-04-2024 08:41 PM

That is awesome. I have heard nothing but great experiences but out of my tax bracket
The dude that owns Westport bait and tackle and has been an inactive member here forever goes every year with a group from this area. I will try to put u in touch and hopefully provide some good insight
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma 04-05-2024 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAKAI (Post 1244811)
A few of us are contemplating a bucket trip to Costa Rica in 2025. We are all around 70 years young. Our idea is a beach lodge with easy access to Pacific side fishing. Ideally Roosterfish on top. We don’t need a glitzy resort. Just sit by a pool after a long day fishing sipping a beer.
Anyone have any experience with this or recommendations ?
Thanks.

Tropic Star in Panama gets good reviews, but it’s Panama.

My brother married a Casta Rican girl about 10 years ago. He was just in San Jose, the capital for a month. I will talk to him and get the intel.
He is a big fishing guy so we should be able to get the right info.

piemma 04-05-2024 01:41 PM

So my brother said Costa Rican fishing has gone down hill. He goes to Belize with a lot of his friends for Costa.
If you guys want 100# Tarpon, 40# Snook, go to Blize. I can get the places they stay, prices etc.

MAKAI 04-06-2024 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1244823)
So my brother said Costa Rican fishing has gone down hill. He goes to Belize with a lot of his friends for Costa.
If you guys want 100# Tarpon, 40# Snook, go to Blize. I can get the places they stay, prices etc.

Very interested Paul, appreciate the info.
Thanks

piemma 04-06-2024 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAKAI (Post 1244834)
Very interested Paul, appreciate the info.
Thanks

The Belize trip is exactly what you are looking for. I know he has been several times. Caught everything from a 100# Tarpon to a 35# Snook. Great lodge he stays at on the Belize River I believe.

Let me know if you guys want all the info.

wdmso 04-06-2024 04:07 PM

My father in law who lives in California. Just got back from Costa Rica. He’s a fisherman had some pics of some big roster fish. Not sure what kind of fishing has gone down hill. Seems like a laid back place

albin35 04-06-2024 06:20 PM

This may be worth looking into

https://lossuenos.com/

There are Great Coffee Farms in Costa Rica. Some of them are into fishing also.

piemma 04-06-2024 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1244840)
My father in law who lives in California. Just got back from Costa Rica. He’s a fisherman had some pics of some big roster fish. Not sure what kind of fishing has gone down hill. Seems like a laid back place

OK then, you and your father in law can take it from here. I'm out.:fishslap:

Guppy 04-07-2024 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1244844)

Paul, I’m sure Wayne doesn’t mean it the way it reads, I think you took it wrong ,,, posting for a friend…. LOL ,,,, all good

MAKAI 04-07-2024 08:25 AM

Any intel is greatly appreciated. Will check into alll option and run it by my old bastards group.

wdmso 04-07-2024 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1244844)

Paul just passing along his recent experience…. In Costa Rica.. wasn’t trying to discredit anyone else experience there ..

piemma 04-08-2024 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1244848)
Paul just passing along his recent experience…. In Costa Rica.. wasn’t trying to discredit anyone else experience there ..

Understood Wayne. Just not the way it came across.

So if your FIL thinks it good now, imagine what it was like when my brother statred dating his now wife 15 years ago.

I'll stay out of the fray from here on.

I'm doing the Block for 7 days with DZ amd Huddy in Oct/Nov and with my brother in Feb. so I have plenty of my own fishing adventures coming up.

fishysob 04-08-2024 04:44 AM

You guys are talking 2 different coasts. Carribean and Pacific. Totally different species on each side. I fished the pacific out of Quepos in south central costa rica in December both inshore and offshore. Struck out on roosters inshore but got all kinds of snappers and Jack's. Offshore was excellent with 7 sailfish and 6 bull mahi. Quepos Fish Adventures was the charter company. Owned by a Texas couple Andy and Connie who arrange everything from accommodations, non fishing activities and rides from airport and back to airport for departure. Excellent experience. Local English speaking captains who were.great.

saltyric 04-08-2024 09:02 AM

I fished out of los Suenos a few years ago. Did a couple days offshore for yellowfin and Marlin, which was awesome, and a couple days inshore for roosters and Cubera, etc. Super fun. The best day we had, we paid some locals to take us in small pangas along the beaches to cast for roosters, that was incredible.