Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Beer bars (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=68928)

Sea Dangles 01-29-2011 09:44 PM

Beer bars

Went to Redbones in Slummerville today for Q and beer.The selection for draught was exceptional as usual.The food didn't disappoint either.For a similar experience in RI, the Mews Tavern in Wakefield is tops,great bar food to boot.Anyone else have some good stops?

Nebe 01-29-2011 09:48 PM

Pour Judgement in newport.. not a ton of choices, but what they have is great.. Awesome eats as well..

O.D. Mike 01-29-2011 10:39 PM

Yard house, Dedham Ma. Huge selection!!!!

crash 01-29-2011 11:03 PM

Pour Farm in New Bedford is great, bartender even busted my buddy's balls for ordering a bud light, they won't even have it on draft, bottles only. They are constantly rotating local beers on draft, live music most nights, it's a good place to enjoy a nice brew.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

luds 01-29-2011 11:14 PM

Hit British Beer Company with Clogston tonight. They always have a nice selection of British and Craft beers on draft. Unfortunately the food is just ok. Pretty good tonight though.

luds 01-29-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.D. Mike (Post 832294)

Will have to try that. My wife just mentioned that also. Good food?

Ryan560 01-29-2011 11:16 PM

Eli Cannons in middletown,CT.. They have like 33 beers on draft that get rotated with another 33 or so, Pretty much any beer you can think of besides yeungling. Food is awesome too, they have fried pickles and jalepeno peppers!

Grady tavern in manchester,ct is my local favorite good beer,and great food. Great little dive bar with live music

Ryan560 01-29-2011 11:20 PM

also E&O tap in providence,ri was pretty cool. never had any food there,don't know if they even serve food. But there's some tail in that place!!

Pete F. 01-30-2011 02:11 AM

MacLaomain,s Scottish Pub in Chester, VT is interesting.

Sea Dangles 01-30-2011 08:12 AM

I will second the Pour Farm.New Bedford has a lot to offer,love that area.

angler229 01-30-2011 08:19 AM

Pour farm is great also Rose Alley ale house also in New Bedford is very good. Ill also never pass up a chance to go the Mews when I get to South County.

basswipe 01-30-2011 08:45 AM

If you're looking for a good selection of beers at a pizza joint West Main Pizza isn't too shabby.Its no bar but it has a good selection for a pizza place.

I second Nebe on Pour Judgement.Good place.

Raven 01-30-2011 08:50 AM

i love beer like Homer Simpson
but i tend to gain weight drinking it

so it has been eliminated til i'm SKINNY again

i need to be able to fly around again! as in FAST
not blunder around like a friggan rhinoceros

Bronko 01-30-2011 09:48 AM

Defintiely the Yard House in Dedham at New Legacy Place. Give it a shot Chris if you are in the area. Food is not close to Redbones but it is decent.

YardHouse.com | Home

O.D. Mike 01-30-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronko (Post 832398)
Defintiely the Yard House in Dedham at New Legacy Place. Give it a shot Chris if you are in the area. Food is not close to Redbones but it is decent.

YardHouse.com | Home

Try the firecracker wings!!!!

Sea Dangles 01-30-2011 11:23 PM

Dohertys East Ave Irish Pub in scenic Pawtucket is also great.

Doyle's in Jamaica Plain is honor roll material.

JohnR 01-31-2011 09:32 AM

Though my quality days are behind me here are a couple favorites - hope some are still around and as good as they used to be.

Sunset Grille - one of the original Beer Disneys, Brighton ave Brighton
The Mews - SK RI
John Harvard's - Cambridge
Common Ground / Allston Ale House - Allston
Littlest Bar - Boston - near Tremont / Park st
Union St - Newton

fishbones 01-31-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 832612)
Dohertys East Ave Irish Pub in scenic Pawtucket is also great.

Doyle's in Jamaica Plain is honor roll material.

I second Doyle's. Fun place. I haven't been there in years.

For beer selection, Stoneforge in Easton is good but food can be hit or miss. Also, it's a little more upscale than most good beer joints.

JohnnySaxatilis 01-31-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.D. Mike (Post 832294)

That place is money. Huge bar and a gigantic tap selection. They also light the room with all the kegs towards the back of the restaurant. they have some exotic stuff too pretty neat. place is always freakin jammin.:uhuh: used to live right up the road in west roxy during the summer.

rphud 01-31-2011 05:18 PM

Armsby Abbey in Worcester!

Saltheart 01-31-2011 06:04 PM

The Chieftain Pub
23 Washinton Street, Route 1
Plainville, MA 02762
508-643-9031

Family owned Irish Pub
Good food too

JackK 01-31-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan560 (Post 832303)
Eli Cannons in middletown,CT.. They have like 33 beers on draft that get rotated with another 33 or so, Pretty much any beer you can think of besides yeungling. Food is awesome too, they have fried pickles and jalepeno peppers!

If I could find a place in NE that sold Yuengling, I think I'd buy stock in it and live there...

tynan19 01-31-2011 07:12 PM

Second Armsby Abby, or the Dive Bar on Greene St, Worcester. Same owners and mostly the same beer. The abby has the eats though. Don't plan on having more than 3 beers though, % is way up there. A good bar with 30 + taps and great food is the Boynton on Highland St.

The Dad Fisherman 02-01-2011 06:06 AM

Used to go to a place in Portland Maine called 3 Dollar Deweys....huge beer selection and a good bowl of chili

Saltheart 02-01-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tynan19 (Post 832815)
Second Armsby Abby, or the Dive Bar on Greene St, Worcester. Same owners and mostly the same beer. The abby has the eats though. Don't plan on having more than 3 beers though, % is way up there. A good bar with 30 + taps and great food is the Boynton on Highland St.

The Boynton! That's been there forever. They used to have a pass through window to the Pizza place next door Called Boynton Pizza. the pizza place had the best Tuna Syrian grinders for 30 years. i hope the owner is still doing the pizza. he was one of the nicest guys I ever met in a pizz/grinder place.

The bar is long and skinny. They have their own "towny" clientelle but its also very popular with the colleg people. Even more so back when I was in college and drinking age was 18.

Anyway , "The Boynton " is a true Worcester landmark. :)

tynan19 02-01-2011 03:45 PM

The whole place was renovated Saltheart a few years ago. Great wrap around bar and a ton of booths and tables. Also expanded the seating area and you can still get over to the pizza place. We go there after work once a 3week.

blondterror 02-01-2011 05:57 PM

One Mile West in Sunapee off 103 (one mile west of Mt Sunapee) Great selection of drafts :
Long Trail Ale
Long Trail Pale Ale
Long Trail Seasonal
Harpoon IPA
Harpoon UFO
Harpoon Cider
Harpoon Seasonal
Smuttynose IPA
Switchback
Newcastle
Guiness
Sam Adams Lager
Sam Adams Seasonal
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Rogue Seasonal

Great steak tips, Steaks, Sandwiches, Salads, killer burgers and great seafood as well... Both female bartenders are fun hotties as well

blondterror 02-01-2011 06:15 PM

New Tavern in Harvard Square that we went to for my daughters 24th Bday.
Russell House tavern... Small bar on street level and larger bar downstairs, Awesome food and great selection of both draught and bottled high end beer

BEER |

blondterror 02-01-2011 06:28 PM

here is the link to One Mile West... if anyone heads up to ski /board Sunapee in NH check it out... one of my favorite bars in New England... plus they make a great "Flat Magarita" that is awesome

One Mile West | One Mile West of the Mount Sunapee Resort Traffic Circle – 603-863-7500

flyvice11787 02-08-2011 06:21 PM

Croxley Ales is my favorite. Love the fact that there's usually something new. Just on, Troegs Nugget Nectar :drool:. jon2465, you better hurry, as there's only 1 keg :o.