Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   email from Senator Blumenthal to Hilary (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=90112)

Jim in CT 03-01-2016 08:18 AM

email from Senator Blumenthal to Hilary

Hilary's email dumps included an email from CT Senator Richard Blumenthal. In the email, Blumenthal asks Hilary to make public the photo of Bin Laden's corpse for Congress to see. Blumenthal felt that if Republicans saw that photo, they would be so awestruck but what Obama did (as if he personally jumped off the helicopter) that they would hesitate to object to Obama's debt ceiling proposal.

Here is the text of that email, from Breitbart. You might think that this is an email from Hermann Goering to Josef Goebbels about Adolf Hitler, but sadly, it's not...

“Here are the reasons: Having the members file through (to view the Bin Laden photos) will provide testimony to the President’s feat. They (Republicans) will be not only acknowledging but also enhancing his power. They will in effect become liegemen bowing before him, but not in any way they will resent or will protest.
They will serve as witnesses to the magnitude of what he has done. Each of them will emerge speaking to the national and local press on what they have seen.

Having the whole Congress see the photos would have these likely impacts as well: The far right-wing Tea Party Republicans would by their mere presence admit to the President’s status above them and to his effectiveness.

There would also be a salutary effect at the beginning of the negotiations on the debt ceiling. It would curb the ability of the Republicans to appeal to partisan sentiment and indulge in partisan rhetoric, giving the administration more edge.”

He's not insane. Not even a little bit.

spence 03-01-2016 08:26 AM

Wow, he's descriptive. I've got to wonder what some of Karl Rove's emails on strategy have looked like...well, I'll keep wondering because he deleted them all. Oops...

JohnR 03-01-2016 08:30 AM

I am more concerned with Hillary's Directorate of Information (Blumenthal's) illegal access to highly classified information that is illegally transmitted over non-secure systems to Hillary.

Spence will say there is nothing to see here but if anyone else did 1/1000 of this they would be behind bars.

buckman 03-01-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1094984)
Wow, he's descriptive. I've got to wonder what some of Karl Rove's emails on strategy have looked like...well, I'll keep wondering because he deleted them all. Oops...

You are so predictable 😂
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 03-01-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1094984)

Have you ever, even once, been critical of anything a prominent liberal has done? Just curious...

"They will in effect become liegemen bowing before him, but not in any way they will resent or will protest."

"admit to the President’s status above them "

That's my Senator. Hooray!

spence 03-01-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1094987)
I am more concerned with Hillary's Directorate of Information (Blumenthal's) illegal access to highly classified information that is illegally transmitted over non-secure systems to Hillary.

What "highly classified information" did Blumenthal have access to? First I've ever heard of this...

Quote:

Spence will say there is nothing to see here but if anyone else did 1/1000 of this they would be behind bars.
Saying this over and over doesn't make it true. How often does anyone get prosecuted for unknowingly handling classified information, not to mention information that's retroactively classified years later?

scottw 03-01-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1094994)
. How often does anyone get prosecuted for unknowingly handling classified information, not to mention information that's retroactively classified years later?

wait....so the smartest woman in the world didn't recognize that any of the content of these emails might be sensitive at the time or possibly at a later date??

buckman 03-01-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1094996)
wait....so the smartest woman in the world didn't recognize that any of the content of these emails might be sensitive at the time or possibly at a later date??

Not to mention that the people that evidently "classifie " these emails didn't have access to them until recently .

JohnR 03-01-2016 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1094994)
What "highly classified information" did Blumenthal have access to? First I've ever heard of this...

Saying this over and over doesn't make it true. How often does anyone get prosecuted for unknowingly handling classified information, not to mention information that's retroactively classified years later?

http://observer.com/2016/02/breaking...lives-at-risk/

You keep forgetting - those thousands of emails (not including ones deleted and not recoverable) are "born classified". These are the constraints everyone else in security needs to live within.

spence 03-01-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1094998)

I see you're putting faith in pretty unbiased sources :bsod:

It looks like this hit piece is referencing the CIA source named in an email from Blumenthal to Clinton, falsely redacted by Gowdy and later deemed not classified by the CIA. This was cleared up last fall.

Quote:

You keep forgetting - those thousands of emails (not including ones deleted and not recoverable) are "born classified". These are the constraints everyone else in security needs to live within.
I see, the infighting between the CIA and State over retroactive classification is unnecessary then. Don't know why they're wasting their time.

Nebe 03-01-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1094999)

It looks like this hit piece is referencing the CIA source named in an email from Blumenthal to Clinton, falsely redacted by Gowdy and later deemed not classified by the CIA. This was cleared up last fall.

I see, the infighting between the CIA and State over retroactive classification is unnecessary then. Don't know why they're wasting their time.

You sure it wasn't travel gate ? :rotfl:

Raven 03-01-2016 02:20 PM

hilary's way of Micro managing the future of politics

spence 03-01-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 1095025)
hilary's way of Micro managing the future of politics

Can you please start calling her Madam President :fishslap:

scottw 03-01-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1095028)

Can you please start calling her Madam Inmate :fishslap:

fixed it

RIROCKHOUND 03-01-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1095029)
fixed it

In your dreams tarpon -boy, in your dreams...

The Dad Fisherman 03-01-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

You might want to give her a reach around just to make sure....

scottw 03-01-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1095030)
In your dreams tarpon -boy, in your dreams...

still dreaming about tarpon, wish I didn't come home :wave:

Fly Rod 03-01-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

:yak5::bs::biglaugh:

RIROCKHOUND 03-01-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1095033)
still dreaming about tarpon, wish I didn't come home :wave:

I bet. We haven't been tropical since 2009... hopefully in a few years.

CTSurfrat 03-01-2016 06:50 PM

Maybe he can get his own republican liegeman with his tales of heroics in Vietnam :bl:

JohnR 03-01-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1094999)

Actually - the email with the NSA / SAP stuff was released last month, not from the fall. As for the single source, he is, interestingly enough, a Democrat, with experience at the NSA and Naval War College, after a stint as a Naval Intelligence Office, hardly a unknowing source.

But, doesn't fit your model.

spence 03-02-2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1095047)
Actually - the email with the NSA / SAP stuff was released last month, not from the fall.

Do you mean released or re-reported? Many of these emails are being rehashed in an attempt to stir up previously discussed issues.

JohnR 03-02-2016 05:43 PM

Released.

scottw 03-03-2016 08:15 AM

if Hillary is not the target of the investigation and she unknowingly participated in all this hanky panky...why is the person who set up her server being granted immunity?

Nebe 03-03-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1095158)
if Hillary is not the target of the investigation and she unknowingly participated in all this hanky panky...why is the person who set up her server being granted immunity?

Ding ding ding

Sea Dangles 03-03-2016 11:06 AM

National security is not something you compromise for convenience.

spence 03-03-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1095158)

I'm sure the FBI is just looking for a degree of completeness in the investigation. Not everyone who pleads the fifth is guilty, if his lawyer just wants to shield him from political attacks that's what you recommend.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton is interviewed at some time in the near future.

scottw 03-03-2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1095206)

I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton is handcuffed at some time in the near future.

fixed it

spence 03-03-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1095115)
Released.

Haven't seen that anywhere.

The Dad Fisherman 03-03-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1095206)
Not everyone who pleads the fifth is guilty.

No, but people who plead the fifth don't want to incriminate themselves because something illegal was going on.