Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Olneyville's New York System Hot Weiners!!!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95030)

Jim in CT 04-20-2019 12:47 PM

Olneyville's New York System Hot Weiners!!!!

A coworker overheard my wife and I talking a few days ago, making plans to go to Roger Williams Zoo. He is from Providence, and suggested we go to Olneyville's New York System Hot Weiners.

It's a funny name for a restaurant, but An unbelievable greasy spoon. Maybe the best hot dogs (don't call them that in the restaurant, they're wieners) I've ever had, coffee milk to wash it down, a great little joint with great service.

Anyone ever been there? I guess they have 3 locations, but that is the flagship, there for 74 years.

Nebe 04-20-2019 01:26 PM

oh yea.. the best.

all you needed was a few Allies donuts to chase those down.

All the way is the only way.

piemma 04-20-2019 02:00 PM

2 words: THE BEST!!!

Jim in CT 04-20-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1165959)
oh yea.. the best.

all you needed was a few Allies donuts to chase those down.

All the way is the only way.

Nebe, it was so awesome!

He told us what "all the way" was, but we weren't so sure, so we all ordered our wieners the way we'd normally get hot dogs. And we all ordered sodas, none of us like coffee, so we weren't sure about coffee milk.

So as we were eating, the manager came over with an "all the way" weiner and a large coffee milk. He said "try these for free. I cut the hot dog into bites. This way, you can see if you like the specialties of the house".

THAT'S how you run a restaurant! Next time i will get them "all the way".

A great, great little joint.

Redsoxticket 04-20-2019 03:28 PM

They are good but I can only stomach eating only one of those NY System weiners give me a cheeseburger all day long.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

MakoMike 04-20-2019 03:29 PM

The market in Matunuck also sells them.

Sea Dangles 04-20-2019 05:07 PM

Late night cure.

Jim in CT 04-20-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoMike (Post 1165967)
The market in Matunuck also sells them.

what place is that? sells them
cooked, or raw to bring home and cook?

clambo 04-20-2019 07:29 PM

weiners

You found one of the treasures of R.I. and southern New England. I've been eating them for over 40 yrs. As they usually stack them on their arm to make them a running joke has been to tell the person making them "nothing past the elbow"!

MakoMike 04-22-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1165978)
what place is that? sells them
cooked, or raw to bring home and cook?

Cooked. The market on the left hand side of the road as you're driving from Rte 1 down to the water. The place just before the surf shop and the entrance to the south kingston town beach.

Nebe 04-23-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoMike (Post 1166036)
Cooked. The market on the left hand side of the road as you're driving from Rte 1 down to the water. The place just before the surf shop and the entrance to the south kingston town beach.

Asside from the market, Benny's Clam Shack on High St in Wakefield has a pretty good rendition of a NY System. I overdosed on them this summer. :cheers2:

Katie 04-23-2019 03:51 PM

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard or seen someone mention this place in the last couple weeks.

I may just have to venture down there.

Steve K 04-24-2019 04:02 PM

They are good but not nearly as good as Coney Island in Worcester.

shadow 04-27-2019 07:23 AM

Your from ct ? You ever eat at the Greeks or goodies, thomistons or crickets ???? Locations in Milford ,Stratford and Bridgeport better then any NY systems. Iv lived in both RI and CT and I’d take my ct hot dogs any day over Rhodes

Jim in CT 04-27-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow (Post 1166333)
Your from ct ? You ever eat at the Greeks or goodies, thomistons or crickets ???? Locations in Milford ,Stratford and Bridgeport better then any NY systems. Iv lived in both RI and CT and I’d take my ct hot dogs any day over Rhodes

I am from CT, grew up in West Haven (next to Milford), but I've never been to those places. Will have to make a list.