Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Computers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Do not Call Registry (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=47513)

pmueller 03-07-2008 10:14 AM

Do not Call Registry

Not really a coumputer question but I'll start here. Got an annoying text message this morning. Had an email response instead of a number. I'm on the do not call registry. Just not sure if the registry covers text messages. If this gets bad like telemarketing, I'll be ch#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g the cell phone.

BillyBlanks 03-09-2008 05:58 PM

I had 5 of those things on thursday night, all after 2am. It was really annoying. Anyone know how to stop this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmueller (Post 572222)
Not really a coumputer question but I'll start here. Got an annoying text message this morning. Had an email response instead of a number. I'm on the do not call registry. Just not sure if the registry covers text messages. If this gets bad like telemarketing, I'll be ch#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g the cell phone.

UserRemoved1 03-09-2008 06:11 PM

You can shut text messaging off on your cellfone. I did a long time ago.

Adam_777 03-09-2008 07:41 PM

I called sprint/nextel and they blocked all text msgs for me.Was getting them also and they were charging me for them.BS

pmueller 03-10-2008 06:51 AM

Sounds like a security system failed or got hacked into. My wife called Verizon, they apologized and said the issue was on their end. Haven't had any in a day or so. '
Woke up saturday am to hear the phone beeping with 6 anoying text messages.
I have to say, there are times when it comes in handy.

HighTide 03-10-2008 10:40 AM

I recently added our cell phones to the do not call registry. I also went to vtext.com (Verizon messaging homepage) and block text msgs from web sites or email addresses.

pmueller 03-10-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighTide (Post 573114)
I recently added our cell phones to the do not call registry. I also went to vtext.com (Verizon messaging homepage) and block text msgs from web sites or email addresses.

I'll look into that. Thanks for the tip.

american spirit 03-11-2008 12:53 PM

how does one get on the do not call landline registry?

HighTide 03-11-2008 01:04 PM

www.donotcall.gov

Raven 03-11-2008 07:22 PM

also

there several computer programs that routes all incoming calls thru your PC ,catalogs the number the date and time...

then you can assign preferential treatment to particular calls like a specific recorded message to reply to them when they call ect.
or block them altogether...

i know that doesn't apply to your cell phone...

but you can re route all calls from your cell phone to your home number as you see fit ....with a push of a button. :cputin:

american spirit 03-12-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighTide (Post 573390)

thanks. just did it. i'm sick of getting calls from mortgage people telling me my adjustable rate mortgage will rise soon and i must call them............ when i have a 30 year fixed. :cens:

DMcGchange 03-30-2008 10:55 AM

If you have Verizon you can filter your TXTs through vtext.com
For calls, just register with the do not call list...